First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I asked this same question on TTores youtube channel, and we agreed the only way to run maps or any of these apps without downloading an offiline version, would be to run a hotspot. works great from wifi, but almost kinda pointless otherwise. I havent messed with Netflix yet, but if you can download and watch offline, then i feel like that'd be a benefit. I have the basic version myself. Just my own 2 cents. Really cool that we can do it, just not sure how practical it actually is, unless just wanting the display for Ktuner or Hondata
I agree with the practicality. Even with a hotspot, I still prefer using Android Auto for navigation. Plus Waze on the headunit doesn't give the display of the turns on the dash like AA. The headunit is slow and having to use the older version of apps is just missing something. I will say that Netflix is great(I watch it on break at work), but it cant download from what I can see.
Sponsored

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
how do you reimage back to stock ? You know with Android once it is rooted, it will not update the OS until it returns back to stock. The system reviews the files and if it determines root is present any update will not go through.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does android auto still work with this hack?
Yes.
how do you reimage back to stock ? You know with Android once it is rooted, it will not update the OS until it returns back to stock. The system reviews the files and if it determines root is present any update will not go through.
I am pretty sure that these units do not update OTA. Most android devices that check for root before updates are designed that way by the company that makes and updates the phone. The android OS it self doesnt care, so it would only matter if Honda has there update checking for root. Plus this is a soft root, I believe, therefore not changing the boot loader.

Also there is an option in the Honda Hack to uninstall.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Finally gonna jump on this with my KTuner coming in. Was hesitant with a "full" root as someone stated this is a "soft" root with ease of use.

Glad the Android Auto & Maps still work, about all I use besides XM radio.

Does anyone actually use any of the Pro features? Just wondering if it's worth the $15 extra?

Also I should be able to install TunerView Lite via the web browser instead of using a USB stick now correct? or is it still USB only?

Unix5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
So i just purchased the pro version but it is asking me for a code. All i got was a product key. Can't be the same thing can it?

I just pasted the key in and it says processing. 20 minutes now. Did it work like this after you purchased?

Thanks

Unix5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
yep. Honda hack pro works good. Not sure what I was doing when I made my last post. Doesn't seem to have many options but it is pretty cool.

Got it just when I got my new SI.

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
i emailed the guy he askedme if i installed the free version yet, i didnt know there was a free one,

Unix5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Semper Fi Chesty. I can only remember the pro page. I will look. I randomly found the site the day I traded my 17 SI for an 18 SI.

Not sure what the free does if available. I do know that button mapping doesn't seem to work on pro but I'm not sure I would need to change a layout.

I will try to track down something.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Head Unit Hack Without A Laptop Screenshot_2018-06-11-15-54-58

Unix5

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Chesty. I thought there was a version of Honda hack below pro. Not free but maybe 5 dollars. Not sure why I can't find it now.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Semper Fi Chesty. I can only remember the pro page. I will look. I randomly found the site the day I traded my 17 SI for an 18 SI.

Not sure what the free does if available. I do know that button mapping doesn't seem to work on pro but I'm not sure I would need to change a layout.

I will try to track down something.

Screenshot_2018-06-11-15-54-58.png
17 Si here. Button mapping works, i have long press down set to clear memory with whitelist and long press up to clear memory without whitelist
Sponsored