Honda Head Unit Hack Without A Laptop

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
i emailed him literally two seconds after TTores went live with his video...

Hi,

Thanks for your interest but I could not provide free access to Honda Hack any longer.
To get access to the Honda Hack system, please click the following link to purchase.
There’re two versions of Honda Hack, the Basic version and the Pro version. The Pro version provides much more features than the Basic version.
Honda Hack Basic: https://transactions.sendowl.com/products/77821285/64054AC7/view
Honda Hack Pro: https://transactions.sendowl.com/products/77821264/56CB8427/view
Yours, codeage

On 19 Apr 2018, at 05:07, Steven wrote:

Hello!
I was sent by TTores.
I was wondering for an authorization number for a 2017 Civic Si north American model?

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i emailed him literally two seconds after TTores went live with his video...

Hi,

Thanks for your interest but I could not provide free access to Honda Hack any longer.
To get access to the Honda Hack system, please click the following link to purchase.
There’re two versions of Honda Hack, the Basic version and the Pro version. The Pro version provides much more features than the Basic version.
Honda Hack Basic: https://transactions.sendowl.com/products/77821285/64054AC7/view
Honda Hack Pro: https://transactions.sendowl.com/products/77821264/56CB8427/view
Yours, codeage

On 19 Apr 2018, at 05:07, Steven wrote:

Hello!
I was sent by TTores.
I was wondering for an authorization number for a 2017 Civic Si north American model?
yup i just got that email. oh well :dunno:

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Check out todays video as i show you all how to hack your factory head unit without a laptop! If you have any questions please feel free to ask! ENJOY :D
I resubbed to your channel, since I noticed you were wearing a Glock shirt in your KTuner video. Keep up the great work brother! ;)

ice raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 AGB Civic Si
Country flag
For those that did this. Any negatives on it? I saw that you could download spotify right onto it. I normally just play it from my phone. Whats the big difference between doing it from the car or the phone? Google maps would be nice since its what i use for navigating

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For those that did this. Any negatives on it? I saw that you could download spotify right onto it. I normally just play it from my phone. Whats the big difference between doing it from the car or the phone? Google maps would be nice since its what i use for navigating
For me personally, the difference is not having to keep my phone plugged in, Netflix app, YouTube or whatever the app is called that accesses YouTube. But the biggest reason is Tunerview on the headunit.

ice raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 AGB Civic Si
Country flag
I never have my phone plugged into my car though so thats not a big deal for me. I guess my big thing for it would be if i could like and skip spotify music without messing with my phone and having the gps on the big screen.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Anyone know the difference between Basic and Pro? There's a significant price jump between the two.

Edit : Got a reply from the site. Here's the info they sent:

Basic features:

* Install & uninstall apps.
* Steering wheel controls for music apps.
* Bypass parking brake check.
* On click to hide/restore all installed apps.

Extra features in Honda Hack Pro:

* Enable write access to external storage card.
* Automatically click OK when the safe-driving warning pops up.
* Automatically start an app at start up.
* reduce music volume when shift in reverse gear.
* One click to clear all app cache
* One click to clean internal sd card.
* Prevent apps from start automatically.
* Misc error fixing functions.

Last edited:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone have trouble buying it, i tried to get the $5 one but after selecting payment in paypal it goes to a select amount screen but you can do anything on that screen but selct $5, ttheres no confirm payment or anyhting

TrippyTreb

First Name
Tteb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FC3 Si
Country flag
For me personally, the difference is not having to keep my phone plugged in, Netflix app, YouTube or whatever the app is called that accesses YouTube. But the biggest reason is Tunerview on the headunit.
But our cars dont have native internet connection, and I haven't figured out a way to tether my phone's 4G to the HU for free. (W/o subbing for a hotspot.)

I dont see why this shouldn't be possible. But then again it isn't like we have a direct line of comms with the developers. I personally want a function to see the rear cam while driving. Or like I said, Netflix/YT without buying a hotspot. I also dont think spotify would work as a native app without using your hotspot. Not unless you used a usb.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But our cars dont have native internet connection, and I haven't figured out a way to tether my phone's 4G to the HU for free. (W/o subbing for a hotspot.)

I dont see why this shouldn't be possible. But then again it isn't like we have a direct line of comms with the developers. I personally want a function to see the rear cam while driving. Or like I said, Netflix/YT without buying a hotspot. I also dont think spotify would work as a native app without using your hotspot. Not unless you used a usb.
I have a hotspot device as well as hotspot included in my phone plan. I don't see any way of connecting the headunit without a hotspot, the system does not have the hardware for cell service. I don't see what other option there could be. If your service charges for using your phone as a hotspot, try to see if you can find an app that does it other than providers app. I used to have one on an older phone.

As far as developer, we dont have communication for Honda/Android, but if you go to the thread on XDA you may be able to get in communication with the HondaHack developer.

dieter21

WhiteWidow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a hotspot device as well as hotspot included in my phone plan. I don't see any way of connecting the headunit without a hotspot, the system does not have the hardware for cell service. I don't see what other option there could be. If your service charges for using your phone as a hotspot, try to see if you can find an app that does it other than providers app. I used to have one on an older phone.

As far as developer, we dont have communication for Honda/Android, but if you go to the thread on XDA you may be able to get in communication with the HondaHack developer.
I asked this same question on TTores youtube channel, and we agreed the only way to run maps or any of these apps without downloading an offiline version, would be to run a hotspot. works great from wifi, but almost kinda pointless otherwise. I havent messed with Netflix yet, but if you can download and watch offline, then i feel like that'd be a benefit. I have the basic version myself. Just my own 2 cents. Really cool that we can do it, just not sure how practical it actually is, unless just wanting the display for Ktuner or Hondata

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Really cool that we can do it, just not sure how practical it actually is, unless just wanting the display for Ktuner or Hondata
And that's exactly it for me. I did the basic hack for $10 only to get the Hondata app on the screen. It makes having a tune that much more functional and cool. :thumbsup:

Stuff like Netflix, while a nice "show off" feature, wouldn't get much use by me. Hard to concentrate on a movie while you're passing cars with ease cause of your +6 tune. ;)
Sponsored