jdtyper3196

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport, 2015 4Runner SR5
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

I've been a follower of CivicX for about a year now as I've been looking towards purchasing a new car as a I just graduated. I just wanted some of your opinion on which car I should get (also which color you guys like - either blue, white or black although leaning towards blue). A little bit of myself:

1) Newly Graduate
2) Budget between 25-30k
3) Looking to fully purchase the car (lease & finance aren't an option unfortunately)
4) Currently drive a 2004 Honda Civic SI (however, I can't afford the new 2017 SI, so thats out of the question)
5) New car will be used as a commuter car
6) Overall cost and maintenance shouldn't be too high as I have to pay for it
7) Civic hatchback sport was my first choice, however after realizing the recommended fuel will be premium, its starting to push me away from this decision (main reason to purchase was for the dual exhaust)

I have narrowed down my options to either:

1) Civic Hatchback (EX or Sport CVT) - Although having to fill Premium for Sport
2) Hyundai Elantra Sport 2017 (aka Hyundai Avante Sport (korea) and Hyunda Elantra SR)

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.41.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 9.40.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 1.53.15 PM.png
Keep in mind...Premium fuel is recommended if you want the full horsepower. I have not used premium in my sport yet and it is fine. The manual says if you have the label on the gas door that says premium then you need to put in premium. My sport CVT does not have the label. I'm assuming the label is on the 6MT.
Sponsored

wytwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White SI Coupe
Country flag
Keep in mind...Premium fuel is recommended if you want the full horsepower. I have not used premium in my sport yet and it is fine. The manual says if you have the label on the gas door that says premium then you need to put in premium. My sport CVT does not have the label. I'm assuming the label is on the 6MT.
Sport hatchbacks require regular but premium is recommended. I guess the premium is needed for the extra hp/trq. The difference is more in the 6spd.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Hatchback 2017 vs Elantra Sport 2017 IMG_2947.PNG