Honda hacking your head unit the pros and cons explained.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I probably will never havk mine. Dont really care to.

Looks cool though
Did you say you had KTuner v2? If we ever get a meet going locally, you'll have to see my KTuner v1.2 set up with the head unit. I think you'll change your mind lol.

It is pretty neat to use the steering wheel controls to open up the TunerView app to see data, etc. and also to open spotify, etc.
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you say you had KTuner v2? If we ever get a meet going locally, you'll have to see my KTuner v1.2 set up with the head unit. I think you'll change your mind lol.

It is pretty neat to use the steering wheel controls to open up the TunerView app to see data, etc. and also to open spotify, etc.
lol, yeah, got V2. I probably would want it if I saw it in person :D

_.berr

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Im looking to get the honda hack just for playing youtube & Netflix off my Hotspot. Now I see people mentioning USB. Can someone clarify to me & guide me the right way, don't want my HU to slow down. Thanks.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
why would you honda hack? just jailbreak your phone and use the mirror function for apple car play and android auto..

upload_2019-3-23_3-37-34.png
My iPhone is probably too updated at this point to do that :p But at the same time, I haven't checked.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
why would you honda hack? just jailbreak your phone and use the mirror function for apple car play and android auto..
Like the dog !!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda hacking your head unit the pros and cons explained. 16781

How often do you have to clean the glass ???

Nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Do you guys find when you use the Spotify app included with the software installer the buttons on the wheel skip 2 songs and do not just go to the next song?

I'm using the latest version of HondaHack and the defualt Spotify app included.

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just cant get on the spotify bandwagon. Everyone seems to just love it but ive downloaded it twice now and both times i couldn't get it to play anything i liked. The menuing isnt real straight forward. And if i gotta add my own music then its just a media played i can do that for free and just play from a usb thumb drive. Pandora easy to use, plays what i want. And auto launch and plays blue tooth from pocket. I dont have to touch or do anything except get in car and drive. For free. If i want a specific play list i got my pen drive playing 320kb music from my 1000s of songs on it. Not gonna pay a subscription to have a app do it. Im glad people like it i just dont get the hype. I feel its like iphones. I know people who have iphones just to have i phones. They really dont like them all that much but they "got an i phone" the power of trendy. Lol
Its the bees knees for me. Any album or podcast at any time and shared playlists with people. I use Spotify 3-4hrs a day. Though I get it, that’s it not for everyone.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting. I've had some passing thoughts about hacking the head unit, but it just doesn't seem worth it for me. Literally the only reason I would do it is for Gasbuddy, since it's not currently compatible with Android Auto. Oh well, definitely enjoyed reading about your experience though.
I think its like $10 for the hondahack download. price of a coffee or 2. I think its worth a lot more then that. if you're tuned its a must for tunerview app. Heck, its worth it for alone for bypassing the prompt when you start and remaping buttons. And I whole heartily think that for less the $450 or less then 2% of the car you should ktune and use tunerview on the head unit.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Everyone have their own feelings, some very strong, about whether to go the Honda hack Root or not,

Rather than trying to convince other of what YOU want, maybe this topic could better serve those considering Honda Hack, by discussing the positive thing that can be done, once it is installed, and the penalties,

Not everyone is up to speed with how all this works, and some are under serious comprehensions, that are falsely leading them to inaccurate conclusions.

Example: Spotify -- Storing Music.
If you are Honda hacked, you can BOTH Install Spotify on the HU, as well as enable USB write, so you can store music you download from spotify, on a Head Unit USB drive.
ie No need to take up valuable HU storage space with large quantities of music,

Will Honda Hack slow down you already slow Honda Head Unit ?

Depends on what you install ..

If you install apps that are constantly trying to, and able to connect to the Internet, and maybe even Update apps automatically, then YES, it will slow down, just as your phone does under similar circumstances.

If you do NOT install Google Services , and turn off Auto Update, and limit (Control) apps that run in the Background, your Honda Head Unit will not run any slower than it did BEFORE Honda Hacked,

Honda hack does NOT slow down the Head Unit .. only what you run on the head Unit can slow it down.

Playing Video is one of the most Processor & memory extensive apps you can run.
The Honda Hacked unit will be able to do this (If you really NEED it to), but will slow down, not no so much that it effects the Video playback, just other thing running as well, or the User Interface.

Its all relative... there is no Free Lunch, but you can still eat for a modest cost.

Wow, an actual useful post on a forum. Just gives basic facts, advantages/disadvantages to inform the uninformed. No criticism, smashing, or opinions so tightly gripped that the poster can't see the forest for the trees. Thank You.

Others should read the above post and learn.

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si âś“
Some quick questions:

1. Is Honda Hack the only rooting software for our cars?

2. Is there any other way besides honda hack to enable the ability to do whatever you want on the HU while vehicle is in motion?

3. Is the password for developer mode universal? If not, has anyone ever figured it out?
Thank you.

arhill999

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It is amazing to me that almost 1/2 way through 2019 no one seems to have figured out the console password for the 2018 SI.

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe / 2004 Ford Lightning
Country flag
I'm about ready to buy a Ktuner so I was interested in doing the Hondahack for the Ktuner software on the headunit. I was reading some Youtube comments that says the Hondahack is dangerous because it gives remote access to your car to the person selling the Hondahack? Is Hondahack safe to do or is there a security risk like the Youtube comments say?

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
To your point of why aren't you driving and paying full attention to that I wonder when laws will be put in place to stop the head unit hack.

Emig5m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe / 2004 Ford Lightning
Country flag
To your point of why aren't you driving and paying full attention to that I wonder when laws will be put in place to stop the head unit hack.
Oh stop it! I've had a in dash DVD player in my Lightning since day one and hacked so that it would play while driving and it's more or less for passengers to "view" while I'm driving and for me to "listen" to in the background. Even just "listening" to videos or movies while driving makes trips go by so much quicker and I'm less anstie to drive faster while being entertained so it's actually safer for me. I doubt anyone is stupid enough to sit there and stare at the screen while driving....Hell, smartphones are 500% more of a distraction....

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Oh stop it! I've had a in dash DVD player in my Lightning since day one and hacked so that it would play while driving and it's more or less for passengers to "view" while I'm driving and for me to "listen" to in the background. Even just "listening" to videos or movies while driving makes trips go by so much quicker and I'm less anstie to drive faster while being entertained so it's actually safer for me. I doubt anyone is stupid enough to sit there and stare at the screen while driving....Hell, smartphones are 500% more of a distraction....
You greatly underestimate the potential stupidity of people.
Sponsored