Honda Hack > Super SU > STUCK on Update

Yuricsson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
hi!
Wondering if you can help me. I have a 2017 Honda Civic EX-L. My objective was to install Viper4Android. Currently, my head unit is stuck on an "Software Update: There was a problem reading the USB Device. Please switch off the vehicle then restart to retry." screen at boot up. Cannot get out of it. I even removed the fuse over night. I tried the different combinations of "Hard Reseting", but nothing works. Audio Power+Menu+Dimmer & Power+Volume. When I press the button for the right mirror camera, the Head Unit remains black. When I press random buttons on the head unit, the screen flashes either red, green or blue. No colors flash when the volume buttons are pressed.

What I did...
1. Installed Honda Hack using car's Web Browser.
2. Installed Super SU
3. Installed Busy Box
4. Installed Viper.

I immediately opened Viper after installing all the apps without rebooting. I tried the EQ, but nothing worked. So I proceeded with Super SU. There, I was prompted with a "Need to update". Then "SuperSU: If you have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM, that can be used to (try to) install the SU binary. This is recommended for HTC devices. How would you like to install the SU binary?" That's where I mistakenly tapped on "TWRP/CWM". So now when I start the car... I get "Software Update... Current... New... Copying... Please do not turn off the vehicle or disconnect the USB device." The progress goes up to 25% and then prompts me with* "Software Update: There was a problem reading the USB Device. Please switch off the vehicle then restart to retry.".

Thank you.
Sponsored

Gudgave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just had the same issue and am wondering if and how you got this fixed.