Honda Hack Pro

whoisbarry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Hatchback
Country flag
Has any of you ever dried to install a gps tracking app via HH? Any App recommendations?
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Has anyone that has installed HH Pro gotten their HondaLink app to continue to work? Mine will connect but wont transfer any data to the HL app on my phone anymore. Had to uninstall HH.
A work around fix is disable blutooth and enable it back the App will update all the data immediately

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Does anyone know how to uninstall Honda Hack (Pro version) and return the head unit back to factory settings? Do you have to uninstall the HH first then do a restore in that order? Thanks!

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Does anyone know how to uninstall Honda Hack (Pro version) and return the head unit back to factory settings? Do you have to uninstall the HH first then do a restore in that order? Thanks!
If you want to uninstall and not do the hide feature than you can just do the factory reset.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you want to uninstall and not do the hide feature than you can just do the factory reset.
I'll go ahead and try that. I'm trying to isolate whether or not my phone connectivity issues has anything to do with Honda Hack and/or it could be that I may have a bad USB cable that goes back to the head unit. I barely have 500 miles on my R and the only mod I did to that area is the Honda Hack.

The connectivity issue that I'm currently having is that the bottom left icon on the head unit says "Smartphone Connection" but when I click on the button, it just beeps at me. This is with phone connected and supposed to be in Apple Carplay mode. Plug/unplug of lightning cable does not recover the connection to the phone. I haven't yet used an official Iphone Cable- I should try to do that next although I doubt that's the issue. I have an Android phone that uses a USB Type C cable and the issue remains the same.

SW or HW issue- I'll need to isolate it one at at time.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just had to replace someone’s tuner unit and display because Honda hack was installed and inoperable. Use at your own discretion.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just had to replace someone’s tuner unit and display because Honda hack was installed and inoperable. Use at your own discretion.
Not sure if the issue is related to the latest Honda Hack release, but I read that it causes your screen to go blank.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Hack was worth it just because of the auto click function of the "ok" at the start up of the car. This annoying thing was absolutely unbearable.

himynameisaaron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl White Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I would NOT recommend using the hide option. I used it once and it totally fucked my system up and I had to reinstall everything. I eventually got everything back and working but it was sketchy goings for a minute.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I took no chances and decided to completely uninstall the hack. I’ve also gone ahead and removed the factory USB extension pigtail cable and plugged a lightning cable directly to that spot.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The hide option did not work at all on my Honda Hack, so I left it installed for maintenance.

FN2_expat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 EX-L 2D (and FN2 forever in my heart)
Country flag
got the pro over the weekend, and now I have a compliment, a psa and a question

compliment: installation went as expected. I'm really happy to see the voltage and the coolant temperatures in real-time (oh, if only they were in C! but one can only dream)
psa: although the new instrument cluster view is neat, it is completely incompatible with AA. not only the turn-by-turn indicators are lost, I even wasn't able to switch between different instrument cluster views for the duration of the AA trip. only after disconnecting the phone from the USB cable the instrument cluster was "unstuck"
question: is there a way to save offline maps for HERE WeGo on the USB drive? Internal storage is laughable. I was able to store WA map and there is barely enough space left for another state.

woofs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic RS, 1973 EB Civic,
Country flag
I'll go ahead and try that. I'm trying to isolate whether or not my phone connectivity issues has anything to do with Honda Hack and/or it could be that I may have a bad USB cable that goes back to the head unit. I barely have 500 miles on my R and the only mod I did to that area is the Honda Hack.

The connectivity issue that I'm currently having is that the bottom left icon on the head unit says "Smartphone Connection" but when I click on the button, it just beeps at me. This is with phone connected and supposed to be in Apple Carplay mode. Plug/unplug of lightning cable does not recover the connection to the phone. I haven't yet used an official Iphone Cable- I should try to do that next although I doubt that's the issue. I have an Android phone that uses a USB Type C cable and the issue remains the same.

SW or HW issue- I'll need to isolate it one at at time.
did you sort this out?
i had an issue where if my phone charged to 90% if would use fast charge, then drop to a trickle charge, the HU would think its lost connection and connection error, and when it goto 100% there was no charging at all... I "broke" fast charge by putting in an old USB2 extension cable.. 2m long one, and enabled USB debugging on my phone so its always using some power

I also installed HH pro and think its the best $25 ive spent, even if i wont use half the features

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
did you sort this out?
i had an issue where if my phone charged to 90% if would use fast charge, then drop to a trickle charge, the HU would think its lost connection and connection error, and when it goto 100% there was no charging at all... I "broke" fast charge by putting in an old USB2 extension cable.. 2m long one, and enabled USB debugging on my phone so its always using some power

I also installed HH pro and think its the best $25 ive spent, even if i wont use half the features
I ended up uninstalling the hack completely. It was a $25 lesson learned. Went back to stock setup and never looked back.
Sponsored