Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone that has installed HH Pro gotten their HondaLink app to continue to work? Mine will connect but wont transfer any data to the HL app on my phone anymore. Had to uninstall HH.
Sponsored

Mingueeel

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Prestige 1.5T 6MT EU
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would definitely buy the Pro version if key remapping would be improved in the following ways:
  1. Allow mapping buttons to any application activity (like Activity Launcher or Nova Launcher does for shortcuts), not just the actions that it has now.
  2. Allow different button shortcut profiles, and allow changing between profiles with the press / long-press of a button. That way, one could configure a profile where dpad buttons do the standard actions, and another profile to use them to control the head-unit.
I Hope that the author is reading me. :D

Last edited:

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I would definitely buy the Pro version if key remapping would be improved in the following ways:
  1. Allow mapping buttons to any application activity (like Activity Launcher or Nova Launcher does for shortcuts), not just the actions that it has now.
  2. Allow different button shortcut profiles, and allow changing between profiles with the press / long-press of a button. That way, one could configure a profile where dpad buttons do the standard actions, and another profile to use them to control the head-unit.
I Hope that the author is reading me. :D
For #1 yes that would be really nice, in the meantime I came up with a work around, write an app where the purpose of the app is to just start an activity and then exit:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/honda-hack-map-key-issue-and-work-around.52357/

For #2 it’s pretty fast and easy to switch between having steering controls remapped or not, just a toggle, if you switch it off it still remembers your assignments when you switch it back on.

An improvement I would like is to have more than 10 button assignments.

Mingueeel

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Prestige 1.5T 6MT EU
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For #1 yes that would be really nice, in the meantime I came up with a work around, write an app where the purpose of the app is to just start an activity and then exit:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/honda-hack-map-key-issue-and-work-around.52357/

For #2 it’s pretty fast and easy to switch between having steering controls remapped or not, just a toggle, if you switch it off it still remembers your assignments when you switch it back on.

An improvement I would like is to have more than 10 button assignments.
For #1, thanks! That's interesting, but too bad that you have to compile an application for each activity you want to launch. :/

Regarding #2, that's not something you can (or should) do easily while driving.

It would be great if the author of Honda Hack was on the forum, I would be happy to donate if additional features could be added.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
How do you configure it so that when the car is turned on, it automatically goes to the factory navigation's map screen?

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well it kinda works. When I turn the car on it opens up to the Garmin home screen (with the "Where To?" and "View Map" buttons), but it doesn't open up directly to the map view.
I have a new app that will launch the map and if it sees the initial screen it will tap on "View Map" to get to the map view. To tell if it's on the initial screen or not, I check the value of a few different pixels, the pixels I check are in the area of the blue push pin. However the background is red on hatchbacks and blue on sedans and I don't know if those pixels are the same exact color between the screen that has the red background and the one with the blue background, so If it doesn't work for you I can walk you through the process to get a screen dump and I can modify the program so it will work with either.

You will also need to install busybox for it to work correctly, I used the one from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=79246951&postcount=2479

I would suggest assigning zLaunchMapTap to a button first to see if it works correctly. If it does then you can have it run at startup, you'll need the option to delay the startup a few seconds (otherwise the initial screen may not have come up yet when it checks for the matching pixels). I've got mine set to a delay of 5 seconds.

Attachments

Giguer

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring 2017
Country flag
Would you buy Honda Hack if you don't have any mods on the car and no Ktuner, Only a stock Touring What else would you need to run HH?

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You don’t need anything else. For me just the option to be able to do stuff that you normally wouldn’t be able to do while moving such as searching for a destination by name in the Navi would be worth getting HH.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Has anyone that has installed HH Pro gotten their HondaLink app to continue to work? Mine will connect but wont transfer any data to the HL app on my phone anymore. Had to uninstall HH.
It works for me. I am with honda hack pro from 16 months

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I purchased yesterday and didn't receive any code yet from the code guy :/ lol