Honda Hack hotspot Wifi issue - no internet

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
I just got Honda Hack installed 2 days ago. Under home Wifi all was fine, took it for a drive the same night out to dinner, all worked on the way to the restaurant and all was fine driving back home (always connected to my iphone 11 PRO hotspot). The next morning driving to work nothing, connected via wifi, perfect signal but no internet, driving home from work it was working, this morning nothing again... Maybe it's not a morning person??

I've tried the following to "reset":

Rebooted the HU holding power button
Rebooted the phone
Turned hot spot on and off
Changed hotspot name and reconnected to the phone
Deleted the hotspot from the HU and reconnected
Cleared app chache on HU
Killed all apps on HU (boost version)

Internet is working fine on the phone, the HU is getting no connectione even if it is connected to the hotspot at full signal, like there was some sort of "firewall" blocking the inernet traffic from the phone to the HU. The iphone is thelling there is a device connected so i knwo there is an actual connection. If i open CarPlay everything works (waze, spotify, etc)

Don't know what to do more.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Only App I have installed from honda hack is Netflix.
Sponsored

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had some issues with wifi after honda hack too. Worked fine the first two days but after that wouldn't connect to my iPhone X anymore. But the difference is that it won't connect at all. I also have Netflix on mine.

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I have this exact issue. Interestingly, if I just plug my iPhone in for carplay, my HU has internet connection. Everything works! This is WITHOUT connecting to my phone hotspot. Once I connect to my phone hotspot, the internet no longer works. Can’t access the web, use my apps that require a connection, etc. Not sure if it’s the same case with you, but you can give it a try.

Ann11

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Country flag
In order for the Internet to work well in the car, without failures, it is necessary that its speed is very high. Maximally high. And this speed is very difficult to find for optimal money. I also faced such a problem and searched for a long time for a provider that would provide a choice. And found, this is usave. They have different packages with different speeds and different prices. After installation, everything worked very well. So I advise you to do the same. This is a good way out of the situation.

Last edited:

carl4

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
For me, my (ageing) Nexus 5x wasn't able to keep the wifi (with hotspot) and bluetooth consistently connected. Very frustrating. I have Google Fi, so I have a free data-only sim in an old Pixel, set to boot and turn on the hotspot when it sees power-on, and then shutdown when power is off for 10 min. I've had no issues since. So it might be your phone.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
No issues for me with my pixel

pedro2nr

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I think I found the solution. I ran to the same problem with Honda Hack.

To fix I went to:
Honda Hack
Scroll to "error fixing"
Toggle "automatically fix wi-fi error at startup"
I also scroll down and selected "reset launcher"
I rebooted (hold power button) and wifi works again.

Let me know if this also works for you.
Sponsored