@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey all, im getting really frustrated with this and can really use some help. Im 23 and extremely bad with technology. I have had the honda hack on my head unit for some time now and finally decided to try to install the hondata app to view my gauges. I have a 2019 si and when i opened up honda hack to install the app, it showed google play as an option. In my mind i figured its the same as my samsung where i download apps thru google play. Well i made the mistake of downloading it on the head unit. Now my HU is laggy and i still have no idea how to download the HONDATA app. I keep searching the internet and everyone keeps talking about tunerview and Ktuner. But NOTHING on hondata... I tried to uninstall google play to fix the lagginess but when i into HH to "uninstall apps" it only shows HH and Whitelist. No google play. If anybody could please give me a step by step on how to uninstall google play and how to install hondata that would be amazing. Thank you guys and girls so much in advance.
Sponsored

carl4

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
... I tried to uninstall google play to fix the lagginess but when i into HH to "uninstall apps" it only shows HH and Whitelist. No google play.
It's confusing... Go into "Install Apps" and there will be a selection called "Google Play Services Uninstaller"

I don't know Hondata, but assuming you have an apk file, put it on a USB stick (formatted FAT32) and plug it in (I think either USB port works, but the center console does for sure). It should come up when you select the appropriate "Install from" option.

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's confusing... Go into "Install Apps" and there will be a selection called "Google Play Services Uninstaller"

I don't know Hondata, but assuming you have an apk file, put it on a USB stick (formatted FAT32) and plug it in (I think either USB port works, but the center console does for sure). It should come up when you select the appropriate "Install from" option.

Okay I will give it a shot today! Thank you so much I will let you know how it goes

OP
OP
@thatblu_si

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Update: Uninstalled google services the way you said, head unit works perfect now. Now i just gota get a thumb drive to download the hondata apk file lol
Sponsored