Honda Hack and CarPlay issue

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I just installed the Honda hack on my CTR and I can’t get my CarPlay to work anymore. The usb is still charging but no CarPlay.

How do I fix this issue?
Sponsored

DeeMoney07

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Force restart your head-unit. Seems to be a bug that requires a full restart.

Not sure what model you have but with my 2019 SI, I just have to hold the power button for 5-10 seconds before it asks if I want to reboot.

There is an off chance that an update will happen. Unlikely but it can and the unit would have to be left on for about 30 minutes.

Also CarPlay runs from your phone so be sure to make sure your phone is up to date and maybe just reset all settings on your device.

OP
OP
Kekela98a

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Force restart your head-unit. Seems to be a bug that requires a full restart.

Not sure what model you have but with my 2019 SI, I just have to hold the power button for 5-10 seconds before it asks if I want to reboot.

There is an off chance that an update will happen. Unlikely but it can and the unit would have to be left on for about 30 minutes.

Also CarPlay runs from your phone so be sure to make sure your phone is up to date and maybe just reset all settings on your device.
Thanks. I already try force starting and removing my CarPlay folder from my phone without success.

I ended up just resetting the Honda head unit to factory.

I felt like I wasted $25 for the pro version.

As for the iOS. I have 13.1 right now so I can already run Waze (beta) thru CarPlay

DeeMoney07

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks. I already try force starting and removing my CarPlay folder from my phone without success.

I ended up just resetting the Honda head unit to factory.

I felt like I wasted $25 for the pro version.

As for the iOS. I have 13.1 right now so I can already run Waze (beta) thru CarPlay
Ever since I started running IOS 13 beta I’ve had connectivity issues with CarPlay in line as well.

OP
OP
Kekela98a

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Ever since I started running IOS 13 beta I’ve had connectivity issues with CarPlay in line as well.
One of the easy fixes if it is iOS 13 it’s to unbold the text. That was the problem in my previous car (18 Audi s5 sb)