Honda gurus help :/ new clutch already???

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys soooo let me try keeping this short:
19 Si FBo e35 Custome e tune from drob on an act street clutch that I’ve had for 15kish miles total mileage is 34k.

Went on a canyon cruise and did a little rip from 1st gear (3400-6000) until 4th gear. It was all the way in but didn’t give power to the wheels only rpm was going up. Fast forward I stop and put it in first usually the bite point Is 1.5k and it’s a smooth ride but this time at 1.5k it started shaking (best way to describe it is almost like a dig pull and your tires are trying to get traction or you’re about to stall) Once rolling shifts are fine.It’s also fine when I’m rolling slow (5-9mph) and I put it in first no shaking. I’m thinking it’s most likely my clutch or a warped clutch disk. Rmm is still in tact so I took that out of the picture. Video attached.
Thanks in advance to who ever helps. Much appreciated
Sponsored

Attachments

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
Do you notice any smell from the car after using it? Typically a cooked clutch will give off a burning smell and you'll notice the bite point is higher on the pedal. I'm not familiar with the Si line as we don't have it here but a knackered dual mass flywheel is another possible cause of the noise in the video (If you have one in that car). A broken engine mount, particularly the front/rear mounts can also cause a similar symptom.

Does it feel like its slipping/juddering under engine braking too?

OP
OP
Kotaas

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you notice any smell from the car after using it? Typically a cooked clutch will give off a burning smell and you'll notice the bite point is higher on the pedal. I'm not familiar with the Si line as we don't have it here but a knackered dual mass flywheel is another possible cause of the noise in the video (If you have one in that car). A broken engine mount, particularly the front/rear mounts can also cause a similar symptom.

Does it feel like its slipping/juddering under engine braking too?
Thanks for replying. I don’t notice a smell but the bite point it a little higher. It forsure feels like it’s struggling to grip. I’ll have to check my front mount since I only checked rear. Thanks again

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Hey guys soooo let me try keeping this short:
19 Si FBo e35 Custome e tune from drob on an act street clutch that I’ve had for 15kish miles total mileage is 34k.

Went on a canyon cruise and did a little rip from 1st gear (3400-6000) until 4th gear. It was all the way in but didn’t give power to the wheels only rpm was going up. Fast forward I stop and put it in first usually the bite point Is 1.5k and it’s a smooth ride but this time at 1.5k it started shaking
I don't see how the bite point was at a specific rpm. It should bite at any rpm including idle.
Sponsored