HONDA FULL SYNTHETIC or ULTIMATE FULL Synthetic? What do you recommend?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Try using 87 octane, you will find your car runs just as good, exactly the same....save your money, or waste it, your choice, I don't really care,

If your car isn't running correctly on 87 octane, 93 octane isn't going to correct your problems
you're so wrong and it not even funny. My car will run completely different if I put 87 in it. Itll be slow and sluggish from all the timing that will be pulled. Anyhow, Im wasting my time with someone who clearly has no idea what he is talking about. Continue in your blissfully ignorant world. The rest of the big boys will continue to educate the community with facts
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have worked as an auto shop MANAGER for many years,

I know more about cars then you will in your entire lifetime,

And unlike yourself, I learned from, and was taught by TRAINED PROFESSIONALS, not by reading nonsense and misinformation that has been spammed all over the internet by people like yourself,
clearly not as you are too stupid to realize this conversation has gone completely over your head. If you knew anything about tuning you would know exactly why Im running 93 and why its a benefit for me and the community in general. But yay "trained professional" Speaking of professionals, I've spoken to multiple professionals many times about the benefits of 5w-30 oil and 93 octane fuel and all them contradict you. So either keep up with the conversation or stop talking. By completely disregarding everything I have said and shown you as facts, you are about to be the first person Ive ever had to block here. Congrats

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Try using 87 octane, you will find your car runs just as good, exactly the same.<snip>

If your car isn't running correctly on 87 octane, 93 octane isn't going to correct your problems
Only the second sentence is true (in a new car).

The first sentence has been proven false for the 1.5l turbo-charged direct-injected engines used in the CivicX. The engines will run on 87 octane; but will run differently on higher octanes. Note that I'm not saying that the gain in power is 'better' or 'worth it' - that's a value judgement for each person to make; hence "differently." If you don't notice a difference, that doesn't mean that the difference doesn't exist.

In other cars or other engines - well, without knowledge of how a specific engine management system will work, the sweeping generalization may well be true more often than not. However, that specific knowledge is known here.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Jervic

First Name
Jeramy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
DIY: I shaked container few times to mix it.I fallowed what the oil cap said-0W-20.when on sale/rebates,last time QS synthetic oil was on sale at Menards at 2.99 of couse to sent out rebate form.

gadgetball

First Name
Gadgetball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic lx 4dr sedan
Country flag
Give you better protection in the heat and hard driving of the summer and not come out of the engine looking like water after 5000 miles. And its not going to hurt your mpgs that you are wasting gas.
Dallas did you switch to something heavier than 0w20? How has it worked for you? I have both a 2017 Accord 2.4L and 2016 Civic 2.0L and live in Atlanta metro (very hot/humid for most of the year. Hardly ever gets below 20F).
I currently run 0W20 NAPA full synthetic API SP-rated

Last edited:

BoxsterSteve

still plays with cars...
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Porsche Boxster S, 2018 Civic Touring sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's not dirt. It is probably an additive that settled out; that happens all the time. Pennzoil just has a light-coloured bottle so you see it.
This.
Some of additive pack settling out.
I‘ve seen this myself on previous oil changes and read in on BITOG as well.
Sponsored