Ick. Definitely not my thing.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely not aimed for U.S. market. We always want bigger. Wouldn't be bad if they boosted the Fit though.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I don’t know how well you can make Fit handle but with 220 hp I bet it would be fun to drive. I use to have a Fit and it only had like 110 hp. Having twice the power would be a blast! Not to mention all the extra torque you would get from the turbo. Talk about a little sleeper lol

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t know how well you can make Fit handle but with 220 hp I bet it would be fun to drive. I use to have a Fit and it only had like 110 hp. Having twice the power would be a blast! Not to mention all the extra torque you would get from the turbo. Talk about a little sleeper lol
Agreed! went from a 2013 Fit to the Civic. The Fit handled real well, had a cavernous interior for hauling people/stuff and was so easy to drive/park. My only complaints were no sunroof and lack of power. If I could've gotten 200ish HP out of it without having to do basically a swap I would've kept it.

That current gen type-r Fit/Jazz front end is pretty hideous. No thanks.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Honda can do it so easily by swapping an SI engine into them.
A fit with the current SI engine as it is will rock.
Add some aggresive suspension and bigger brakes.
Make it manual only and you get a great fun car.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Agreed! went from a 2013 Fit to the Civic. The Fit handled real well, had a cavernous interior for hauling people/stuff and was so easy to drive/park. My only complaints were no sunroof and lack of power. If I could've gotten 200ish HP out of it without having to do basically a swap I would've kept it.

Yeah I had the 2008 model years back and liked it a lot. And then I bought a 2017 with a manual transmission for my girl. I ended up trading it in for the 2018 civic hatchback ex for her because I didn’t like how it was revved so high just to go 75 in top gear. The civic actually gets better mileage than the fit. But I did like the look of the 2017 fit. This one was hers. If it had more power and better gearing we would’ve kept it, and hers had a sunroof to
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Fit Type R Anyone? CCE61D6E-5F71-44DF-9464-BB805E0230FB

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know much about the Fit's engine specs other than it's a 1.5 liter engine... Is it the same as the Civic's except it doesn't have a turbo? Even the non-Si 1.5L turbo would greatly enhance the performance of the little Fit.

OP
OP
herox

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
What's interesting to me is the leaked image of the motor appears to be a L15 variant. Since it makes ~217hp I wonder what parts may be beneficial to us.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah the fits/jazz had/have a L1.5 motor. Clean looking GK =)

Yeah will have to agree that the 2013 I had would be revving at like 4000 cruising at 80 on the highway where the Civic is at 3k at 80mph. Civic definitely gets better MPG due to better gearing.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah the fits/jazz had/have a L1.5 motor. Clean looking GK =)

Yeah will have to agree that the 2013 I had would be revving at like 4000 cruising at 80 on the highway where the Civic is at 3k at 80mph. Civic definitely gets better MPG due to better gearing.
Yeah the gearing is definitely different because I bought the 2017 Fit EX manual for my girl and got the 2018 civic lx manual for myself. Well after driving them both I realized the Fit was geared way lower then mine. So I traded hers in for a civic hatchback immediately. That poor little Fit was whining at 75. But I’m sure a type R Fit would be geared different. The Fit 6 speed is not geared the same as the civic 6 speed. But maybe it’s the final gear that was different, I’m not sure

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If it was cheap enough I'd get it..it would have to be less than or the same price as an si though

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just came from a 2015 Honda Fit LX (CVT). LOVED that car. Loads of fun. I'd go back to the Fit if they turbo'd it AND it had a CVT transmission but I doubt it. Last I looked, IF they turbo'd it, they would use the same 1.0ltr turbo as the European Civic has. And it has about 127hp/145lb-ft of torque. Or something very close to that. That's a tad more torque than the current Fit.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Fit Type R Anyone? Barney

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Fit Type R Anyone? Barney2

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

Yeah, I came to my Si from an '07 Fit Sport 5MT. I miss that thing. Would love to see someone put the SI engine in one of those. I'd drive the shit out of that. Definitely not a fan of what the Fit has become since then.

dan_in_japan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dbblsound.com
Vehicle(s)
Currently GK5 Fit RS - Past, 98 ITR, 99 SiR Accord, 85 Civic, 79 Civic, 84 Mirage, 62 Fairlane. 80 Laser
Country flag
Honda used to make small fun affordable sporty cars. not sure if I will get one but be very very happy if they do this!
Sponsored