Balakay

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lexus GX470
Country flag
Withiut getting into too many specifics on anyone's credit scores, I'm wondering what the "tiers" are for Honda's financing. I'm looking to take advantage of their 1.9% or .9%(depending where the numbers end up) financing offer on my Si. My credit has dipped a bit recently with a house purchase and everything that goes along with that. But it's still what I would consider great credit. What seems to be the cut off for this incentive? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

ToastedSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think income, total debt amount, adverse history and credit scores are all taken in consideration. 760 credit score landed me the 1.9% over 60months

OP
OP

Balakay

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lexus GX470
Country flag
I think income, total debt amount, adverse history and credit scores are all taken in consideration. 760 credit score landed me the 1.9% over 60months
Yeah, they take it all into account. Just trying to get an idea of what number they like to see. I'm not worried about the rest of it.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
They have a lot of flexibility on what rate they give you. Being responsible with prior leases and purchases with them or other car companies has a lot of weight.

OP
OP

Balakay

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lexus GX470
Country flag
I was able to qualify for the lower rates. My credit score was around 30 points higher than I thought it was.

OP
OP

Balakay

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lexus GX470
Country flag
When I bought mine I was 19, No credit history, 635 credit score Im stuck with 8% interest over 72 months:rolleyes::eek::eek:
You're not stuck with it for that long. The first truck I bought by myself was 8.99% interest with no credit history. After a year I refinanced it down to 3.99% interest.

Genuine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
About a week ago I was at my local Honda dealership speaking with my salesman about a new Civic Si Sedan. We didn't get much into financial figures but I did test drive a coupe (I prefer the sedan, but that's besides the point). After we got back his manager (sales manager) stopped by and started talking about current Honda offers/incentives. He seemed straight forward and confident when he told me that any credit score over 720 would qualify for the .9% or 1.9% financing through Honda Financial. I don't know the exact tiers but it must have some validity because about a month prior my girlfriend qualified for the .9% lease offer on a brand new Honda Pilot EX-L and her credit score was in the high 720s. Same salesperson and sales manager.

FLOPPER

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX 6MT
Country flag
I got 0.9% with a 680 score a year ago.

Sometimes it's just timing though. Honda offered the .9% on a bunch of cars a year ago, whereas a couple months ago they were offered on very few models. At that time my wife got a CR-V and we ended up financing through our credit union instead because of the crazy rate Honda was offering at the time, like 4.9% or something.

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
that honda financing is the best. we were lucky and had a high enough score to get the 1.9 at 60 months. so over the term i think its about around 2k exxtra your paying

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I got 0.01% over 48 months for a hatch lx with a 778 credit score. however i had to do a $3500 deposit to get that rate but it will be returned as long as i pay for the car lol
Sponsored