Honda Financial Services screws up big time...

MikeyDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I went on the Honda Financial Services website a few days ago to make my lease payment (one-time payment). They sent me an email confirmation, stating what I had paid with a confirmation number.

This morning I checked my bank account and they posted the payment twice. I have tried calling customer service this morning and couldn't get through, meaning that lots of angry customers had the same thing happen. I just tried the number again and the call doesn't go through now.

From now on, I'm paying them through my own bank's online banking, or mailing in a check...I can't trust Honda Financial's computer system. There is no excuse for this happening to any customer. It's a huge screw up.
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
AHHHHHH!!! This happened to me also! And caused a an overdraft!

Son of a bitch

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I had it set up for automatic payment, and I also made an extra principal payment. They doubled BOTH payments!

The HFS website won't load at all right now.

I'm so pissed off right now. I haven't had an overdraft since my early 20's.

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I just made a payment on the 3rd. Oh boy i guess i'll have to check on that.

Edit: i was double charged as well. Looks like it will be checks from now on.

ThrillHill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
It's been my experience it's better to set up payments through your bank/credit union/etc. rather than having the funds "pulled" by a third party. Many banks/etc. will allow you to stop a payment even the day before without too much difficulty as you control the account; unforeseen situations can arise. Third parties get permission to pull the money, but it's set in advance with a note so it's more difficult to stop.

While banks can make mistakes, anecdotally it seems they're less likely to send a double payment. In short you have more flexibility if you set the payments up through your local bank or credit union.

MCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Same happened to me on both my accounts. No overdraft as I keep enough money in it but I actually traded one of them in Saturday and have now made 2 payments on a car I don't even own anymore.

I wonder how they will handle this. I have used there online payment for 5 years now and this is the first issue I have had.

MuGeN PoWeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
i was going to register my account today. Can you guys suggest me what to do in order to save myself from this kind of hassle? Thanks

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
I'm going to go old school with the checks. I just called the bank and ordered a box. Sometimes too much technology is a bad thing.

CivicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2014 Ram 1500, 2016 Harley Ultra Limited
Happened to me as well, caused a 48 dollar over draft. I can't get in touch with Honda Finance all I get is all circuits are busy.

CivicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's been my experience it's better to set up payments through your bank/credit union/etc. rather than having the funds "pulled" by a third party. Many banks/etc. will allow you to stop a payment even the day before without too much difficulty as you control the account; unforeseen situations can arise. Third parties get permission to pull the money, but it's set in advance with a note so it's more difficult to stop.

While banks can make mistakes, anecdotally it seems they're less likely to send a double payment. In short you have more flexibility if you set the payments up through your local bank or credit union.
I make the payment each month I don't have auto payment set up I only pay online each month and Honda still double charged me.

I do not do auto payments just for this reason.

CivicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bigger question has anyone been able to get in touch with American Honda Finance yet? I can't get through.

bcfmb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 16
My first two payments have gone smoothly but I will make sure to keep extra money in checkings just in case.

CivicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had it set up for automatic payment, and I also made an extra principal payment. They doubled BOTH payments!

The HFS website won't load at all right now.

I'm so pissed off right now. I haven't had an overdraft since my early 20's.
I don't do automatic payments I go in each month and make a single payment and they still double charged me. Have not been able to call American Honda Finance on the phone because all I get is all circuits are busy and at home just a busy single.

So it is not an issue with automatic payment because it hit me as well and like I said I do the one payment at a time method. I don't want any company just pulling money out of my account on their own.
Sponsored