Honda extends condenser warranty to 10 years for 2016-2018 Civics

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Update. Mine failed last month. They replaced the condenser which was leaking. Zero out of pocket cost. Roughly 40k miles on the car.

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback 2017 EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update. Mine failed last month. They replaced the condenser which was leaking. Zero out of pocket cost. Roughly 40k miles on the car.
Which dealership did you go to in NJ? I just went to my original dealer whome I purchased it from who was trying to tell me that the hatchback isn't covered. They did confirm it's the condenser and should be covered but my vin isn't one of them. Most likely trying to get me to pay out of pocket since I'm out of warranty. Waiting to hear back from them because they're "going to bat" for me with corporate. Such bs.

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
Which dealership did you go to in NJ? I just went to my original dealer whome I purchased it from who was trying to tell me that the hatchback isn't covered. They did confirm it's the condenser and should be covered but my vin isn't one of them. Most likely trying to get me to pay out of pocket since I'm out of warranty. Waiting to hear back from them because they're "going to bat" for me with corporate. Such bs.
Same story here. I had them check my VIN if it’s also covered by warranty and said no. Good thing I was able to get the “Goodwill assistance” from the corporate.

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Same story here. I had them check my VIN if it’s also covered by warranty and said no. Good thing I was able to get the “Goodwill assistance” from the corporate.
How'd you go about speaking with them? How long did it take?

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How'd you go about speaking with them? How long did it take?
I emailed corporate first and I was waiting for a response for a week. Decided to call them afterwards, and the following day I got a call from the case manager.

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I emailed corporate first and I was waiting for a response for a week. Decided to call them afterwards, and the following day I got a call from the case manager.
Got a call from Honda rep, they gave me a hard time about it. Giving me grief for not bringing my cars in for maintenance and oil changes to Honda. It's my only Honda so they might not cover me under good will. Waiting to hear from another manager now. I was about to pay it off but reluctant to if I need to dump 2k into an A/C issue that may present it-self again down a very short line. People are getting them fixed and having the issue again, is what I am seeing.

Yourooteeah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
2016 Civic Touring 55k miles second time having a serviced in two years of having the car - Took it into dealer (Montclair CA) for AC inspection, driver side warm, passenger semi cold. Quoted $140 for inspection but covered if under warranty, extended warranty, or condenser extended warranty. They found leaks in condenser, bad compressor also along with other parts of the AC. Only condenser would be covered, luckily I have the extended warranty which is covering everything (approx $3000). Compressor was on back order, waited about a week, car is now at dealership getting repaired.

GARz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update: Dealer ended up getting the warranty service covered by Honda. They replaced the condenser, tuned up my refrigerant and gave me a loaner. Everything is working as it did from day 1. ?

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update: Dealer ended up getting the warranty service covered by Honda. They replaced the condenser, tuned up my refrigerant and gave me a loaner. Everything is working as it did from day 1. ?
Good for you bro. How did you end up making the dealer cover it?
Sponsored