First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noone really knows. Read through the respective thread, there are also some youtube videos
Mine has lasted over a year now. Others have failed on base tunes while being dyno tested. Apparently, the test car unit is still running as well.

MHI is known for solid products and quality control so the current theory is there was a bad batch.

Thing is we cannot know which unit falls under the bad batch....
Sponsored

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8, ek4, e46 m3 and crx mk2 soon
Country flag
Mine has lasted over a year now. Others have failed on base tunes while being dyno tested. Apparently, the test car unit is still running as well.

MHI is known for solid products and quality control so the current theory is there was a bad batch.
Ive read here something about the recomended oil weight by mhi is different to stock too

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Noone really knows. Read through the respective thread, there are also some youtube videos

Thing is we cannot know which unit falls under the bad batch....
That's the rub isn't it. When it works, it's a cool setup. It's just knowing whether or not you have a good one. Seems like the TD03 hybrid setups have been working well so far

Ive read here something about the recomended oil weight by mhi is different to stock too
That has been a little nebulous. 0-40 recommended and then maybe (?) recanted by MHI seems a bit heavy. 0/5-30 looks like a consensus weight for upgraded turbos on this platform. I haven't switched yet and I'm getting oil analysis done to see how 0-20 has held up. Afterwords, I'll be running 5w-30

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have been running 0w-30 full synthetic Mobil 1 since day 1 and recently switched to 5w-30 also Mobil 1 full synthetic. Reason for change is that when I install a new turbo, I will most certainly be using 5w-30 so I want the crank, rods, cylinders etc to be oiled by that viscosity already. When switching between viscosities, its quite likely that oil will be burned through two or three oil changes until the new viscosity oil settles in. That was the case anyway for my K20 N/A engines so I just kept up with what I am used to do.

Let us not forget that the RV6 is on the way and while it will be big (dont know if it will be W1 or W2 big), it might be a safe option in terms of reliability.

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some more cosmetic mods on the V front splitter/lip and headlight TPU protectors, man cant wait to see a CRV with a big turbo than must be hilariously fun?

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210408_135456

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210408_135450

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210412_171837

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210412_171759

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this was an interesting thread to read and i dig it! looks great man just need to lower it a bit now and it would look even better!

unless i missed you lowering it lol

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@rhino I think I ve written in here somewhere that BC Racing indeed offers a coilover kit for the mk V CRV which drops it by 1 cm. They can do a custom kit which retains OEM height. It is my choice so far to keep it tall as I do not want to loose the practicality and being carefree about sh!tty roads, ramps and so on. I will consider it!

@Vtek It looks awesome. OEM 19" look great too, have you considered painting them gloss black? About the headlights protectors, do they reduce light luminosity? for the big turbo modification, my tuner said "keep waiting, its not clear which turbo lasts", which is totally true. I have been following the R365 thread and I don't see much progress/news. RV6 havent listed the turbo in their website yet. Best option at the moment is the PRL/garret kit which definately needs rods.

On another note, hopefully within the next few weeks I will be visiting a shop that does custom Big Brake Kits. Goal is to explore the option of installing 4 pot calipers with stock size discs, without losing brakes performance. FIY, OEM discs are 320x28, bore 64.1mm and height 47.2mm.
Brembo will release replacement discs made of High Carbon. Part number is 09.D989.11. Height is really important as it will change the overall offset/track. I really wonder how people just go ahead and swap brakes without keeping this in mind. Its not a bad thing to do as long as the rear discs are also swapped with the respective height so as to keep overall track the same. Also, bore is of huge importance. You dont want rings fitted on brake discs.

For civic owners reading this thread, I will keep saying that for custom BBKs with the genesis calipers and Rogue 3 seater discs, the EUDM CRV discs are the way to go.

Last edited:

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@rhino I think I ve written in here somewhere that BC Racing indeed offers a coilover kit for the mk V CRV which drops it by 1 cm. They can do a custom kit which retains OEM height. It is my choice so far to keep it tall as I do not want to loose the practicality and being carefree about sh!tty roads, ramps and so on. I will consider it!

@Vtek It looks awesome. OEM 19" look great too, have you considered painting them gloss black?

On another note, hopefully within the next few weeks I will be visiting a shop that does custom Big Brake Kits. Goal is to explore the option of installing 4 pot calipers with stock size discs, without losing brakes performance. FIY, OEM discs are 320x28, bore 64.1mm and height 47.2mm.
Brembo will release replacement discs made of High Carbon. Part number is 09.D989.11
For civic owners reading this thread, I will keep saying that for custom BBks with the genesis calipers and Rogue 3 seater discs, the EUDM CRV discs are the way to go.
gotcha gotcha it would look dope thou lowered lol keep on what you are doing thou man i like it!

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a slight decrease in luminosity but doesnt seem like much ill test more later and let you if its too much ill take it off but in the garage it seems fine, thats from my fk8, i have a friend who powder coats so might black the wheels out when theyre older atm he has the wheels impecable as he is really carefull not to curb them

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210414_232627

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210415_003001

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210415_003232

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag

@Vtek It looks awesome. OEM 19" look great too, have you considered painting them gloss black? About the headlights protectors, do they reduce light luminosity? for the big turbo modification, my tuner said "keep waiting, its not clear which turbo lasts", which is totally true. I have been following the R365 thread and I don't see much progress/news. RV6 havent listed the turbo in their website yet. Best option at the moment is the PRL/garret kit which definately needs rods.

Brembo will release replacement discs made of High Carbon. Part number is 09.D989.11. Height is really important as it will change the overall offset/track. I really wonder how people just go ahead and swap brakes without keeping this in mind. Its not a bad thing to do as long as the rear discs are also swapped with the respective height so as to keep overall track the same. Also, bore is of huge importance. You dont want rings fitted on brake discs.

For civic owners reading this thread, I will keep saying that for custom BBKs with the genesis calipers and Rogue 3 seater discs, the EUDM CRV discs are the way to go.
What about the Megan 3 RS based Brembo kit ?
https://hondaperformances.com/gb/br....html#/370-brembo_big_brake_kit-ferodo_ds2500

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok guys, couldnt help myself...pulled the trigger on a Big Brake Kit by D2 Racing. 356x32 6 piston red calipers, drilled fixed discs. Floating discs rattle a bit more so I went with fixing. Price was €1995 / $2400 delivered, 2 to 3 weeks lead time. Thats one big investment but had to get it out of the way!

Once I install it I ll update with fotos. I did use a template to check if the wheels clear the calipers but you cant be certain until you install. Fingers crossed!

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM d2-big-brake-kit-443-

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
?? man those look siiiick! Not cheap but man they look like they could stop a train, is the kit CRV specific or are they listed for a civic?

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are marketed as CRV specific! We 'll find out about fitment in a few weeks!

OEM is 320x28. Options were 332x32, 356x32 and 380x32. There are even bigger options available. 380mm come with floating discs only, 8pot calipers and need 19" wheels. I believe they were overkill.

Now the other question apart from fitment is the overall piston surface per side. I havent found the specs from D2 but the pad is 152mm, which is close to OEM. Stock pad dimensions are 154.8mm x 58.6mm x 17.8mm but these are not the paste/contact area. The actual contact area is around 152x58.6x16. D2 pads are 152mm x 81mm x 16mm (contact area). So these brakes will definately give more consistency and better breaking in wet conditions, apart from looks. I believe that stopping distance will not differ much from stock brakes, but they will certainly handle many more heavy decelerations

Last edited:

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag

coilover options here are
Silvers
Bc racing
D2

Springs
H&r (i have)

shocks
Tein

overseas
Blitz sells a coilover kit
i have been checking around for a coilover upgrade if i keep the crv havent seen anyone here in the states import the blitz kit but since you’re euro it might fit yours

Still odd to me that tein sells a shock but no full coil (in the us) ??‍♂

Also nice big brake kit

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok guys, couldnt help myself...pulled the trigger on a Big Brake Kit by D2 Racing. 356x32 6 piston red calipers, drilled fixed discs. Floating discs rattle a bit more so I went with fixing. Price was €1995 / $2400 delivered, 2 to 3 weeks lead time. Thats one big investment but had to get it out of the way!

Once I install it I ll update with fotos. I did use a template to check if the wheels clear the calipers but you cant be certain until you install. Fingers crossed!

d2-big-brake-kit-443-p.jpg
Looks like a great kit.I didn't find any for the civic only for crv and type R (fk8). Anyway could you measure the bolt distance of the d2 brackets when you get them ?