First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok so the more we look into it, the more it looks like all this was caused by the failed injector. Also contacted Emann, the man himself. He thinks the injector is the most probable scenario, given that these injectors tend to fail a lot. Cylinder 4 run lean and here we go. Weird part is that while I heard the banging for some time, it threw the code only when it was too late.

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, take a look at previous posts!

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
BTW I found that you can replace TIP with Si one :)

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah, we have the Si turbo. I already have the 27WON TIP.

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8, ek4, e46 m3 and crx mk2 soon
Country flag
Its interesting about the injector, ive been getting supplies ready for the big service on my dads crv as its coming up on 30k soon and looking through the manual it says use genuine honda injector cleaner every 10k km, didnt even know about that, have u used it at all before?

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that is the absolutely the first time I hear of this. I did not know there actually is "genuine Honda injector cleaner"....although I do not see how it can help if you run good gas....does it have a part number, this injector cleaner?!

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8, ek4, e46 m3 and crx mk2 soon
Country flag
I had never heard of it either but its in the manual, Page 673 of your owners manual should specify this

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM SmartSelect_20210721-171641_Drive

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, it does say "depends on fuel quality" so I guess when running proper petrol, even 95RON this isnt necessary

markon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRX-B16A / EK4 VTi sedan B18C/ FK7 1.5T EUDM
Country flag
Well, it does say "depends on fuel quality" so I guess when running proper petrol, even 95RON this isnt necessary

it says on top for NON EU & Ukrainian models, so it maybe not be necessary for us

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
So drove the car a bit and got an idea of the IAT2 after the intercooler installation.

The temps are definitely lower than stock, but that is rather expected. Ambient temps during this time of the year are around 32 celcius / 89F. In low speeds and traffic, IAT2 is usually lower than IAT by 2 to 3 celcius / 35F, while on stock IC the IAT2 was identical to IAT. The intercooler doesnt heatsoak as quickly as stock and I have seen differences in heavy traffic between IAT and IAT2 up to 7 Celcius / 44F.

But I did test also under extreme heat. Ambient temp was at 100F. First test was on the highway.I drove quickly anywhere from 90 mph up to 140. Like, getting to 130, dropping to 90, then back to 80mph and then up to 140 again and keeping that speed for 20 or so seconds. Run like that for about 10 minutes. The IAT2 unfortunately was sky high, much like stock. It went up to 118F maybe more, I need to check the datalogs. To be honest I havent pushed as hard in such heat on the stock intercooler BUT IAT2 was HIGHER than IAT much like when you are on the stock intercooler. I didnt know what to expect, I guess I believed that under heavy pressure IAT2 would not surpass IAT with an aftermarket intercooler.

I also did pulls from 2nd to 4th gears, 25mph to 105mph. Again, IAT2 was higher than IAT by 2 or 3 celcius / 37F. On the stock IC, IAT2 would be much higher but still I expected better. Maybe the ambient temps were too extreme for the intercooler to handle anyway.

On the clearly positive side, I do think the intake noise increased and got a sportier tone which is obviously placebo but still feels good to hear! When temps drop I do hope for better performance in comparison to the stock IC.
I recently change my IC with Injen intercooler. The IC is used and bought from my friend. We did leak test and no issue with leak and no issue with fitment.

I also experience the same issue with you. IAT2 temperature would go higher than IAT temperature. In my case, my IAT2 temperature will go up starting 4400 RPM and up.

Do you happen to find solution to this issue? I suspect the IC is just not efficient.

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didint put much thought into this for 2 reasons:
first, its for a civic and I have it on the CRV. My bumper is not as open so I thought its not cooled properly.

Second, maybe it has to do with the fact that this IC is thick rather than tall like the rest. So maybe the air doesnt escape as easy, therefore it is not as efficient.

I chose to risk installing this instead of any other, as it was the shortest one so I thought that it will definately fit, which it did. I had seen a Mishimoto installed and now I see PRL ICs being installed on CRVs but the details of the installation process are not being posted, like I did here. So the challenges that were overcome are not known to me. It could be as difficult as installing the Injen, or as easy as installing it to a Civic. Having it installed was a PITA so changing it for another one aint easy. There 's a lot of customization that needs to happen and many hours of work and thought to be put into getting another brand. I have no idea how easy or difficult it is to install a PRL intercooler for example. Maybe I will think about swapping it in the future.

And since its been quite some time since I last posted, the update is that Honda Europe did NOT have a short block in stock and it had to be shipped all the way from Japan, by sea fright. I have no idea when it will arrive. Its been 2.5 months now and I expect it to be another month before I get the car back.

Chriscrv

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Country flag
Does anyone know if the 10th gen civic SI have the same era motor Mount as the 5th gen crv ? If so please and thank you. Either upgrading motor Mount or using some Perrin inserts from motorsports

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag