Bc racing
D2

Springs
H&r (i have)

shocks
Tein

overseas
Blitz sells a coilover kit
i have been checking around for a coilover upgrade if i keep the crv havent seen anyone here in the states import the blitz kit but since you’re euro it might fit yours

Still odd to me that tein sells a shock but no full coil (in the us) ??‍♂

Also nice big brake kit
Silvers - I am not familiar with them, probably not available in the EU

D2 do indeed have two kits. The do not specify the minimum height drop and whether its for AWD or FWD.

BC Racing also do have a kit and the height drops minimum 1 cm. They can make custom springs so height can be retained at OEM height. If I remember correctly, their kit fits both AWD and FWD. They also confirmed that the shocks can be serviced.

TEIN - I had an extensive conversation with them and they did not confirm that their shocks fit the EUDM models. Their shocks fit OEM springs but could be combined with their springs. I would not suggest such a "custom" combo. A coilover set would be ideal. Their shocks are my first choice but wont go for them unless they confirm EUDM compatibility.

Looks like a great kit.I didn't find any for the civic only for crv and type R (fk8). Anyway could you measure the bolt distance of the d2 brackets when you get them ?
Indeed they offer BBKs for the latest generations only for the RW and the FK8, which is rather strange. I will measure and post here! I think its gonna be at least another week before I receive the parcel.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8, ek4, e46 m3 and crx mk2 soon
Country flag
Any update on those brakes? Received them yet?

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didnt want to post anything yet cause I do not know when I ll find the time to install them but here is a sneak peak:

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210604_175320

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210604_175326

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210604_175338

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210605_081302

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210605_081429

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210605_081257

Rotational vanes look great! Also the calipers are an upgraded design which has a new pads holding pin with the D2 logo on it. Looks more secure than the previous design too! The overall feel is that of good quality, nothing feels cheap. Paint finish on the caliper is equal to all other well respected brands. There were 2 boxes, one for the calipers and one for the discs! Brake lines were "hidden" under the discs so I kind of freaked out when I didint find them right away! I have also ordered 3mm spacers just in case the wheels dont clear them so I will also wait on those to arrive. Its a busy period for me as I pull 7 day weeks, 14 hour shifts so I aint sure if I can steal a day and have them installed! I could drop the car off to the shop but I prefer to be present to help them out with ideas if everything doesnt bolt-on perfectly!

Last edited:

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
?????those look amazing youre going to be pulling nose manuals with those, absolutely sick! Happy for you man, good luck with the install, cant wait to see how they look and show my dad, were going back to the dyno on thursday so ill update with the new power figures after the custom tune

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Those look amazing Nick! Can't wait to see them on the CRV man :)
I went the Megane 3 RS way for the Civic after I absolutely fried my brakes in Megara lol

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those look amazing Nick! Can't wait to see them on the CRV man :)
I went the Megane 3 RS way for the Civic after I absolutely fried my brakes in Megara lol
If I owned a civic Id go the exact same way. Safest and cheapest way to go. I did try to figure out if I could sort out the megane calipers adaptors and the disc offset but couldnt so went with a theoretically "bolt-on" solution. We ll see how installation goes!

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Took cars to dyno today CRV with the custom tune made 216hp 319Nm with large gains over the ktuner base maps as much as 30hp in large parts, but still needs a little work between 5000-6000rpm which will get remapped soon hopefully

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM SmartSelect_20210610-190521_Drive

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210610_113637

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210610_145223

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM SmartSelect_20210610-201041_Drive

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Turns out the boost reference tube was completely off the bov so just getting it rechecked by the tuner this week and hopefully back on the dyno on thursday, if he doesnt make the 225hp hes getting a sports cat for his birthday lol.

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Turns out the boost reference tube was completely off the bov so just getting it rechecked by the tuner this week and hopefully back on the dyno on thursday, if he doesnt make the 225hp hes getting a sports cat for his birthday lol.
Have you made any change (eg wheels/tires or pressure) that can justify the ~13hp difference in drivetrain losses between the runs?

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you made any change (eg wheels/tires or pressure) that can justify the ~13hp difference in drivetrain losses between the runs?
No nothing other than the tune and that dump valve, which the boost reference pipe had come off completely, and threw a code p0299 turbo charger underboost condition

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, the big day arrived! Installed the D2 Racing 6 pot 356mm big brake kit today!
Didnt stick around the shop as I had to work but took a few fotos.

First important thing is that the kit is indeed for the RW2 CRV. No mods or retrofitting required. The brake lines fit perfectly length wise as well and the caliper adapters do fit without issue. The shop did check clearance in the hub but the discs fitted fine.

Another important note is wheel clearance. The JR28 ET40 19x8.5 do clear the calipers with about 3mm room. I have seen much worse!

The discs offset however is about 3mm higher meaning the wheels are pushed 3mm to the outside. Not a big deal as the wheel bolts lock on the studs without issue. I do have bought 3mm spacers just in case and I will be using them on the rear axle to bring the front and rear axles length even.

Very first impressions during the brake-in is that pedal feel is identical to stock which is a good thing. Didnt feel that extra pedal travel is necessary. The system was bled completely and new Honda brake fluid was used. I will bring the car back in on Fruiday most likely for a quick check that everything is fine and also fit the spacers to the rear.

I will post more fotos when I get the chance!

Next step: ACT clutch kit

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210622_151156

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210622_151201

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210622_151427

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210622_151436

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210622_152737

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210622_152746

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210622_152811

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210622_152918

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda CR-V AWD 1.5T RW2 EUDM 20210622_153546

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats on the new brake they look monstrous:headbang::headbang:even though feel is same as oem they MUST stop better than oem right? Really happy for you they look great enjoy them, now you need more POWERRRR!!!

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats on the new brake they look monstrous:headbang::headbang:even though feel is same as oem they MUST stop better than oem right? Really happy for you they look great enjoy them, now you need more POWERRRR!!!
The first impressions/feeling is that the brakes are quite strong. I honestly think that it if I sit on the brake pedal, the front shocks will just bottom out! Harder suspension with these brakes is propably a must have if the brakes are to be taken full advantage of while cornering say on a mountain road.

After the clutch, there is not much else left other than a turbo. Still waiting on some feedback from the community on the R365. W1 is pretty much out of the question due to reliability and so is the MHI.

FYI, Emann told me that he has to sell a full kit, not just the flywheel and does not ship overseas. Since I have noone in the USA to get it for me and then ship it to me, ACT clutch it is.

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The first impressions/feeling is that the brakes are quite strong. I honestly think that it if I sit on the brake pedal, the front shocks will just bottom out! Harder suspension with these brakes is propably a must have if the brakes are to be taken full advantage of while cornering say on a mountain road.

After the clutch, there is not much else left other than a turbo. Still waiting on some feedback from the community on the R365. W1 is pretty much out of the question due to reliability and so is the MHI.

FYI, Emann told me that he has to sell a full kit, not just the flywheel and does not ship overseas. Since I have noone in the USA to get it for me and then ship it to me, ACT clutch it is.
Are tha W1s really having that bad of a failure rate? Or is it people just spooling them to the moon trying to get 30psi at 6000rpm?
Also how much torque does the stock clutch handle? My dads seems to hold up quite well right now but hes only putting around 320Nm @ 3000rpm and doesnt really beat the V much either just ocasional pull on ramps and motorway and such

OP
OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At first I also believed that people mistreated the turbo. Either running the car without tuning at all, pushing it way too much, not using proper oil, not letting the engine warm up or cool down etc. It seems however that the turbo is weak in some aspect and 27WON have not yet addressed the issue officially (releasing a v2 or something) or debunking the rumours. I havent ruled out 27WON but I will not move forward with the current W1.

Stock clutch can handle the torque. many of our American friends are not used to manual transmissions. SOme had automatics for years and then jumped ship to manual Sport or Si and the clutch failed them. Personally, whenever I happen to drive an automatic which is very rarely (like once every two years), I find myself stepping on the brake pedal with my left foot! So yeah, not driving a manual properly can happen, even if you think you do! Reason I want to swap is mainly the lighter flywheel.

3 days ago, when I started the car in the morning, I heared some deep knocking. Cant really place it or describe the sound. It is not the usual valves ticking. It sounds like an engine mount is cut/broken or something.

I heard it and immediately switched the engine off. Wasnt more than 2-3 seconds. Restarted it and doesnt make any noise. I park the car at work, start it after 12 hours and doesnt make the sound. Next morning, nothing. Then today again, same thing. No errors, no warning lights. When the engine is running, all Ktuner monitors are fine. A/F is fine, K.Control is fine, turbo spools fine. Havent even pushed the car in a week or so. Or if I did, I did it briefly. I will run a log in the morning to see if the ECU picks anything up. I am thinking if the camshaft drive chain could have a lubrication issue. Dont want to even think about a failed rod. Cant see why that would happen on Ktuner basemaps. Plus I assume that I would be hearing that sound more often. One of my mechanics advised me to just start driving immediately instead of turning it off and restarting and allowing it to warm up ( I always wait for the revs to drop before driving off, takes about one minute). He said "fuck it, drive it immediately, push it and if anything breaks, it breaks and we claim in on warranty"! Its a good thing to have the official dealership on your side!
Sponsored

Last edited: