Bc racing
D2

Springs
H&r (i have)

shocks
Tein

overseas
Blitz sells a coilover kit
i have been checking around for a coilover upgrade if i keep the crv havent seen anyone here in the states import the blitz kit but since you’re euro it might fit yours

Still odd to me that tein sells a shock but no full coil (in the us) 🤷🏻‍♂️

Also nice big brake kit
Silvers - I am not familiar with them, probably not available in the EU

D2 do indeed have two kits. The do not specify the minimum height drop and whether its for AWD or FWD.

BC Racing also do have a kit and the height drops minimum 1 cm. They can make custom springs so height can be retained at OEM height. If I remember correctly, their kit fits both AWD and FWD. They also confirmed that the shocks can be serviced.

TEIN - I had an extensive conversation with them and they did not confirm that their shocks fit the EUDM models. Their shocks fit OEM springs but could be combined with their springs. I would not suggest such a "custom" combo. A coilover set would be ideal. Their shocks are my first choice but wont go for them unless they confirm EUDM compatibility.

Looks like a great kit.I didn't find any for the civic only for crv and type R (fk8). Anyway could you measure the bolt distance of the d2 brackets when you get them ?
Indeed they offer BBKs for the latest generations only for the RW and the FK8, which is rather strange. I will measure and post here! I think its gonna be at least another week before I receive the parcel.

Advertisement

Last edited:

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Car(s)
Fk8, ek4, e46 m3 and crx mk2 soon
Country flag
Any update on those brakes? Received them yet?

OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Didnt want to post anything yet cause I do not know when I ll find the time to install them but here is a sneak peak:

20210604_175320.jpg

20210604_175326.jpg

20210604_175338.jpg

20210605_081302.jpg

20210605_081429.jpg

20210605_081257.jpg

Rotational vanes look great! Also the calipers are an upgraded design which has a new pads holding pin with the D2 logo on it. Looks more secure than the previous design too! The overall feel is that of good quality, nothing feels cheap. Paint finish on the caliper is equal to all other well respected brands. There were 2 boxes, one for the calipers and one for the discs! Brake lines were "hidden" under the discs so I kind of freaked out when I didint find them right away! I have also ordered 3mm spacers just in case the wheels dont clear them so I will also wait on those to arrive. Its a busy period for me as I pull 7 day weeks, 14 hour shifts so I aint sure if I can steal a day and have them installed! I could drop the car off to the shop but I prefer to be present to help them out with ideas if everything doesnt bolt-on perfectly!

Last edited:

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
😱😱😱😱😱those look amazing youre going to be pulling nose manuals with those, absolutely sick! Happy for you man, good luck with the install, cant wait to see how they look and show my dad, were going back to the dyno on thursday so ill update with the new power figures after the custom tune

varge

First Name
George
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Those look amazing Nick! Can't wait to see them on the CRV man :)
I went the Megane 3 RS way for the Civic after I absolutely fried my brakes in Megara lol

OP
Anger

Anger

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those look amazing Nick! Can't wait to see them on the CRV man :)
I went the Megane 3 RS way for the Civic after I absolutely fried my brakes in Megara lol
If I owned a civic Id go the exact same way. Safest and cheapest way to go. I did try to figure out if I could sort out the megane calipers adaptors and the disc offset but couldnt so went with a theoretically "bolt-on" solution. We ll see how installation goes!

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Took cars to dyno today CRV with the custom tune made 216hp 319Nm with large gains over the ktuner base maps as much as 30hp in large parts, but still needs a little work between 5000-6000rpm which will get remapped soon hopefully

SmartSelect_20210610-190521_Drive.jpg

20210610_113637.jpg

20210610_145223.jpg

SmartSelect_20210610-201041_Drive.jpg

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Turns out the boost reference tube was completely off the bov so just getting it rechecked by the tuner this week and hopefully back on the dyno on thursday, if he doesnt make the 225hp hes getting a sports cat for his birthday lol.

varge

First Name
George
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Turns out the boost reference tube was completely off the bov so just getting it rechecked by the tuner this week and hopefully back on the dyno on thursday, if he doesnt make the 225hp hes getting a sports cat for his birthday lol.
Have you made any change (eg wheels/tires or pressure) that can justify the ~13hp difference in drivetrain losses between the runs?

Vtek

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Have you made any change (eg wheels/tires or pressure) that can justify the ~13hp difference in drivetrain losses between the runs?
No nothing other than the tune and that dump valve, which the boost reference pipe had come off completely, and threw a code p0299 turbo charger underboost condition

Advertisement

Advertisement