Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

PNWCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Tiger Honda of Gonzales in Louisiana wants $51k OTD for a BB arriving on the 11th.

They told me that they are "only" marking it up $5k because they wouldn't be able to get repeat business if they did $7 - $15k above sticker like other dealerships. :rolleyes:

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Add Matt Castrucci Automall to the list.

They have both SGP and BB in stock for $41,445 and are not willing to go lower.
That’s actually not bad. Out the door on the monroney for CTR is somewhere in The ballpark of $39k

PNWCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
That’s actually not bad. Out the door on the monroney for CTR is somewhere in The ballpark of $39k
Yeah it's just a bit over $2k over. I'd still have to pay for shipping so not worth it for me. The search continues.

Scoobtothenoog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Type R
Country flag
Tiger Honda of Gonzales in Louisiana wants $51k OTD for a BB arriving on the 11th.

They told me that they are "only" marking it up $5k because they wouldn't be able to get repeat business if they did $7 - $15k above sticker like other dealerships. :rolleyes:
Ya screw those cats! Talked with them several times, bunch of pr*cks.
Grab the SGP coming in to Honda of Covington.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I was just shopping around for fun and emailed Atamian Honda in MA, they want $57,937 out the door for a 2021 CBP type R ?
I think they were one of the few that I IMMEDIATELY hung up on, mid sentence, when they muttered a price over the phone :rofl: that's an unheard of markup around here. Clowns with a capital C.

Especially on a CBP.....since CBPs tend to sell for MSRP the easiest.

Reactions: TSI

lkirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR SGP
Country flag
Southern Motors Honda in Savannah, Georgia just screwed me. Quoted me MSRP and started the financing process, including a credit check. Then they come back the next day and add on a $5000 markup. Marking up a vehicle is one thing, but when there's a hard check on my credit score for a lie it's hard not to be mad.

Scoobtothenoog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on my Type R
Country flag
Southern Motors Honda in Savannah, Georgia just screwed me. Quoted me MSRP and started the financing process, including a credit check. Then they come back the next day and add on a $5000 markup. Marking up a vehicle is one thing, but when there's a hard check on my credit score for a lie it's hard not to be mad.
What kind of quote did you get? Is it documented in any way? I'd threaten a lawsuit for pulling your credit under false pretenses and demand they retract the inquiry (which can be done).

lkirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CTR SGP
Country flag
What kind of quote did you get? Is it documented in any way? I'd threaten a lawsuit for pulling your credit under false pretenses and demand they retract the inquiry (which can be done).
Unfortunately I didn't get it in writing, just over the phone. The salesperson said that the ADM didn't show up in the inventory system that was available to her, and quoted me the wrong price. Quite reckless and unprofessional to allow me to move forward with financing either way, but definitely reckless on my end for not getting it in writing.

I looked into it, and most credit check reversals are for if you didn't authorize the check - which I did. I'm sure there's some action I can take in some way but I don't know if it'll be worth my time/money.

Pretty sucky experience for a first time buyer such as myself lmao, still looking for my SGP

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately I didn't get it in writing, just over the phone. The salesperson said that the ADM didn't show up in the inventory system that was available to her, and quoted me the wrong price. Quite reckless and unprofessional to allow me to move forward with financing either way, but definitely reckless on my end for not getting it in writing.

I looked into it, and most credit check reversals are for if you didn't authorize the check - which I did. I'm sure there's some action I can take in some way but I don't know if it'll be worth my time/money.

Pretty sucky experience for a first time buyer such as myself lmao, still looking for my SGP
F them, cheating. Bastards!

Lesson here is obvious. Always get a sales manager signed purchase order that you sign, scan, and return prior to providing SSN to pull credit. Although not binding to the penny (estimated sales tax collected, tag application/transfer/renewal) they certainly couldn’t surprise you with $5k ADM afterwards.

You can do these things, none do much but make you feel better and warn others:

-Request a conference call at mutually acceptable time with SM and GM to discuss their oversight

- File complaint with Savannah BBB

- Contact NADA and file complaint

- File ethics complaint with Honda HQ

- Offer to proceed w/deal minus $5k ADM so this isn’t for revenge, it’s to buy a car as represented. It’s not too late for dealer to do the right thing.

Most dealers are concerned about ethics and image as word of mouth referrals (good or bad) exceed the capacity of any advertising budget.

Good luck and keep us posted.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Emailed - Lute Riley, David McDavid , Honda of Mckinney -- all of them had ADM. Even after 2 years, these dealers are not selling at MSRP. I figured things may have improved -but nope. At this point, no more Honda . No type-r, si, odyssey etc. Just can't deal with Honda dealers in Dallas area. Can't believe Honda would allow such terrible dealership network in the fastest growing market. Hopefully toyota brings in the Corolla GR . Till then - Subaru it is.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
Emailed - Lute Riley, David McDavid , Honda of Mckinney -- all of them had ADM. Even after 2 years, these dealers are not selling at MSRP. I figured things may have improved -but nope. At this point, no more Honda . No type-r, si, odyssey etc. Just can't deal with Honda dealers in Dallas area. Can't believe Honda would allow such terrible dealership network in the fastest growing market. Hopefully toyota brings in the Corolla GR . Till then - Subaru it is.
I've pretty much given up finding a car in TEXAS that will be MSRP - and right now with the chip shortage/supply of new cars in general - it is making used car prices go up thus creating ADM for popular cars like this one. Regardless like most have said over and over in this thread - if you want MSRP - you'll have to expand your search and look to either go pick it up or have it shipped (which will probably still be cheaper than dealing with ADM in TX).

One question though - if you were to go in - would they work with that ADM price - I'm sure they get a ton of emails asking about the cost of it who are not serious; but I do hear stories from others that if you are willing to go in - they will normally negociate the ADM fee down etc. Good Luck with your search

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
I've pretty much given up finding a car in TEXAS that will be MSRP - and right now with the chip shortage/supply of new cars in general - it is making used car prices go up thus creating ADM for popular cars like this one. Regardless like most have said over and over in this thread - if you want MSRP - you'll have to expand your search and look to either go pick it up or have it shipped (which will probably still be cheaper than dealing with ADM in TX).

One question though - if you were to go in - would they work with that ADM price - I'm sure they get a ton of emails asking about the cost of it who are not serious; but I do hear stories from others that if you are willing to go in - they will normally negociate the ADM fee down etc. Good Luck with your search
They might. I know for sure Autonation Lewisville sold the Type R I was considering to someone on this forum at MSRP (this was over 2 years ago - Nov/Dec 2018). When I was in the dealership, they didn't come down. So I guess it really depends on how long it has been on the lot. I don't really like to have cars shipped from out-of-state. Just don't have the confidence to make it work and I am always scared it will land with scratches. I would rather buy something that is in front of me . For now, I am going to swap my 2019 WRX with 2021 WRX. Engine has been tuned to eliminate (or reduce significantly) rev-hangs. I just wanted a white WRX - the only reason I am considering swapping is due to high used car prices. Best time to trade without losing much.

Just a side note -- When i emailed Lute Riley back that I would not consider the car since it has ADM , the dealer replied - "What is ADM?" . lol. Mckinney dealership didn't send any quote but every time the email is from a different sales person. Same with David McDavid (althought they did send a quote with $7.5k ADM). I haven't emailed Huggins - they usually have the lowest price but in the past that has been with ADM. The car is not worth the hassle (personally).

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
They might. I know for sure Autonation Lewisville sold the Type R I was considering to someone on this forum at MSRP (this was over 2 years ago - Nov/Dec 2018). When I was in the dealership, they didn't come down. So I guess it really depends on how long it has been on the lot. I don't really like to have cars shipped from out-of-state. Just don't have the confidence to make it work and I am always scared it will land with scratches. I would rather buy something that is in front of me . For now, I am going to swap my 2019 WRX with 2021 WRX. Engine has been tuned to eliminate (or reduce significantly) rev-hangs. I just wanted a white WRX - the only reason I am considering swapping is due to high used car prices. Best time to trade without losing much.

Just a side note -- When i emailed Lute Riley back that I would not consider the car since it has ADM , the dealer replied - "What is ADM?" . lol. Mckinney dealership didn't send any quote but every time the email is from a different sales person. Same with David McDavid (althought they did send a quote with $7.5k ADM). I haven't emailed Huggins - they usually have the lowest price but in the past that has been with ADM. The car is not worth the hassle (personally).
No I get the whole resale of used car market - seems to be really good right now; I know I have considered trading in/selling my car bc of what I can get for it - but I know that once I sell it - then I'll be paying the markups for the cars I want - so kinda of a 'not so great deal in my case'; if you can get MSRP on a car you want and still get a better trade in value etc - then it's a great time sell and buy a car.

My experience is similar to yours as far as dealing with dealers here - even before the pandemic - a lot of dealers had $5k added to the price of the car and they were getting it. I'm sure like others have said - if you go in and negociate - you can get that down; but then I would have to commit a 100% and I'm still a little on the fence. It's the whole 'balancing WANTS vs NEED' - I also want to see how the prices are once the new model comes out as well as once supply meets demand. I'm sure while the CTR will have a good resale - I don't think we will be seeing over MSRP for used models (for instance like on Carvana haha). I think it will all balance out and will allow for someone to pickup either a leftover new one or a slightly used on at a decent price (at least I hope).

Not to sidetrack the convo - is the engine that different on the WRX from 19 to 21 and are there other changes to the car? Have you considered looking at the STI model vs the WRX (even though the STI has the older engine)?
Sponsored