Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
How did you determine that he was referring to the car that you are purchasing, and not a different car?
Because he thinks his CW is the only one being delivered to the northeast.....because he's a special boy.

I just relay what salespeople text me back. Have no clue which of the several CWs here in the northeast I was referring to in that post.....but now I'm more embarassed I used the word "list" too......? yuck, just meant it's available, there are no lists.

Anyway, someone who gains nothing from a deal has no incentive to lie. I'm still confused what he's butthurt about. Did I say "his" CW was available or "a" CW was available?

This all seems to be a good use of energy.....
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Change of subject but is it just the way I drive or does the gears feel jerky when you shift from 1st to 2nd gear in Sport mode? I switched over the R mode and to me the transition feels more smoother. I think Iā€™m just holding down the clutch down too long. ?

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Change of subject but is it just the way I drive or does the gears feel jerky when you shift from 1st to 2nd gear in Sport mode? I switched over the R mode and to me the transition feels more smoother. I think Iā€™m just holding down the clutch down too long. ?
Its on and off for me and it happens to me on all modes.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
There is a whiff of rev hang in gears 1-3 for me. Compared to other modern manual cars (like the Si, WRX, and GTI) it's really not bad. Just takes a little more work to shift smoothly.

BBQ

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000CR
Country flag
Look at this one in Belgium. Seems like ADM is a global trend

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I will occasionally surf over to Carvana.com to see what their CTR inventory looks like and what they're going for. Today I am completely shocked at what I am seeing, a used 2020 CTR that is reserved for a buyer at $4k OVER MSRP!!!

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1655066

What in the world has gotten into people to pay such egregious prices? Who in their sane mind is going to pay $4k over MSRP for a used vehicle? I am completely shocked, but at the same time, this is the environment that US Honda dealers have created, allowing used retailers like Carvana and Carmax to flourish.
37k for a used 2018 is more than what I paid for my brand new 2019. Pretty insane seeing people spend what they spend on used cars. I'll never understand it.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
37k for a used 2018 is more than what I paid for my brand new 2019. Pretty insane seeing people spend what they spend on used cars. I'll never understand it.
I know people like this. Late 20s/early 30s, high paying job, alot of what they classify as "disposable" income, impatient......it becomes a "fuck it" purchase because they saw the car, have no patience to wait or look into things, and just buy it because they can afford a $37K car they like.

I just had a friend almost buy a several years old Jeep GC with 15K miles for not much less than getting a good deal on a new 2021.....he would have if he didn't text me first. Ended up spending a little bit more but for a brand new one.

Before I bought my last new car, I went to a used car lot owned by this guy I know. I asked him to find me a few good examples of a similar spec, just with a few years/miles on them, and give me the best price he can. He found a good one that was only 2 years old......and quoted me a little more than what I ended up snatching the brand new one for ?

Blake137

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Gillman Honda Fort Bend had a boost blue type r listed online at $36k. Called and talked to a salesmen was told Honda requires them to lie in online ads and the real price is $62k + fees.
Canā€™t imagine anyone paying that.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gillman Honda Fort Bend had a boost blue type r listed online at $36k. Called and talked to a salesmen was told Honda requires them to lie in online ads and the real price is $62k + fees.
ADM= Additional Dealer Markup at dealer discretion. Honda doesnā€™t require they lie, dealers do it freely, MSRP generates inquiries. Just another lame name for price gouging. If dealer held an advertised public auction starting at $36k, do you think itā€™d sell well below $62k? I do, that is the high end of reason, who lies last wins.

ADM aka Always Dumb Morons that pay it.
This added price should be called Retail Over Baseline Bad Equity Re-profit Yield (ROBBERY).

Last edited:

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
he probably meant that theyre not able to change the MSRP on his site as the inventory feed comes from honda directly

PNWCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Add Matt Castrucci Automall to the list.

They have both SGP and BB in stock for $41,445 and are not willing to go lower.
Sponsored