Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Virginia is a no sales-tax state...even though I live in Maryland I am a Florida resident due to the fact that I'm in the military. Florida law allows you to buy a car out of state, register it in Florida, and pay the sales tax for the state you bought the car in.( if you're military and not actually living in Florida). But if I were a Virginia resident it would be the same. No sales tax there.
Virginia is a no sales-tax state...even though I live in Maryland I am a Florida resident due to the fact that I'm in the military. Florida law allows you to buy a car out of state, register it in Florida, and pay the sales tax for the state you bought the car in.( if you're military and not actually living in Florida). But if I were a Virginia resident it would be the same. No sales tax there.
Virginia has a 4.15% car sales tax. And for the states that do not have car sales tax.... like Pat Benatar said ā€œone way or another, their gonna gettcha..ā€
Sponsored

Mcgz

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Virginia has a 4.15% car sales tax. And for the states that do not have car sales tax.... like Pat Benatar said ā€œone way or another, their gonna gettcha..ā€
Must have been the FL law thing then...not having to pay tax...thanks for the clarification

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Wasn't that Blondie?

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this like bringing non resident people to Georgia temporarily to vote? (just kidding) Thanks for you service. You are just like my Bro a retired Navy man living in Jacksonville who does not mind getting passed by hurricanes just so he does not have to pay taxes. lol. Iā€™m an Army vet as well but would rather have nice weather than worry of taxes though it hurts.

Mcgz

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is this like bringing non resident people to Georgia temporarily to vote? (just kidding) Thanks for you service. You are just like my Bro a retired Navy man living in Jacksonville who does not mind getting passed by hurricanes just so he does not have to pay taxes. lol. Iā€™m an Army vet as well but would rather have nice weather than worry of taxes though it hurts.
LOL

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
@izzyC-EX didn't know you served in the Army. I had my share serving Uncle Sam back when I was a young lad.

Found this old coaster from my Reserve unit that I've kept since the mid 90s. Thought I'd share this old nostalgic timepiece. Miss those tax-free purchases at the old PX store. There's so many gadgets to buy now which probably makes the tax-free purchase more worthwhile.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 1607128891214

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, now defunct 91F MOS. (Psych Tech) Taking care of soldiers and vets who needed to, least to say, discuss things!

BuuZah

First Name
Aiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR Boost Blue
Country flag
Was in contact with this dealer and they said they will give me a price once it reaches the dealership. Got there yesterday and this is what one of the salesmen, Chayden, sent. Look at this markup! Who is willing to pay this?!

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. ripofff

Last edited:

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Was in contact with this dealer and they said they will give me a price once it reaches the dealership. Got there yesterday and this is what one of the salesmen, Chayden, sent. Look at this markup! Who is willing to pay this?!

ripofff.jpeg
Will give price once you are in the dealership.... yeah nope I'm just not going to come in

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will give price once you are in the dealership.... yeah nope I'm just not going to come in
What the? This is my local dealer! Is this a Covid thing. Are they infected with delusions? I should storm in there and give them some of my air.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
What the? This is my local dealer! Is this a Covid thing. Are they infected with delusions? I should storm in there and give them some of my air.
W-T-F is going on with these stupid dealerships??? Have they lost their minds? You can get a nice luxury car with that price. Absolutely ridiculous!!!

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
W-T-F is going on with these stupid dealerships??? Have they lost their minds? You can get a nice luxury car with that price. Absolutely ridiculous!!!
To you theyā€™d sat this price is market driven, this car is rare.

If youā€™re not willing to pay that price make an offer but understand the person (fool!) behind you might.

Iā€™d bring a red thin sharpie and put five lines on a sales order matching addendum second window sticker).

Line though all 4 dealer add ons and plans. Theyā€™ll say canā€™t, already treaded fabric, added door edge guards, all our cars must get these. BS! If they insist, discount CSR equal to any bs items that are 95% or more profit. Your mistake, I donā€™t want it nor will I pay for it.

Line through the $25k ADM, put $0.

Your lines: The MSRP allows for fair profit as youā€™ll discount every other Honda (recovered in trade usually) here but this one. Hereā€™s a list of dealers from a forum that sell at or below MSRP. I donā€™t want to but will certainly go to one of those if I must.

Iā€™ll pay your pre-printed doc fees too (another thing you shouldnā€™t pay or get offset) and full retail price. Acceptance closeā€™s deal right now, non-negotiable offer so donā€™t come back with a dollar over this.

If the car has been on lot about two months, many dealers will sell it if theyā€™re interested in volume and recognize (for the purpose of negotiations) itā€™s just a smaller production run Civic but itā€™s not rare, over 10k are produced each year.

This strategy has worked well in the past, not tried in Cali, youā€™re a hostage to team H.

Be ready willing and able to walk out or if online, buy elsewhere. Every dealer pays the same and their job is to up sell you, get financed through them, make mega-profit on your trade (the real margin maker) and get you to buy more fluff (warranties, pre-paid Mx. You can shop around for those, state laws vary, in FL itā€™s like insurance, registered standard fixed prices.

I had a great easy buy experience through Gwinnett Place Honda in ATL but many big city dealers pandemic or not may take a sure sale now vs chance for more later if numbers of units matter than ridiculous ripoffs that ooze pure greed.

Happy Hondadays!

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@izzyC-EX didn't know you served in the Army. I had my share serving Uncle Sam back when I was a young lad.

Found this old coaster from my Reserve unit that I've kept since the mid 90s. Thought I'd share this old nostalgic timepiece. Miss those tax-free purchases at the old PX store. There's so many gadgets to buy now which probably makes the tax-free purchase more worthwhile.

1607128891214.png
We just need to find a ā€˜Coastieā€™ as there are several Marines that I know of here (camouflaged) and I did 25 yrs USAF ā€” Chairborne!

Thank you all for your service!

During vacay here in NC, a senior lady in a bakery today in front of me was saying what a proud democrat she was having won and quickly took me as republican. All I did was explain what a Type R Civic was since she asked about it on my hat. I responded, maā€™am, Iā€™m an American. Iā€™ve spent most of my life defending this country to preserve every Americanā€™s right to vote for who they believe in. We also have every right to disagree on who that is without being disagreeable. I look forward to continued service and support of our constitution and even though no longer in uniform. I took the same oath as an officer like your son you told me about who is in training and I wish him well. I will serve faithfully without questioning what party leads us because we are, and shall remain the UNITED States of America. I appreciate you sharing your opinion and we all will exercise our rights on future ballots.

Have a fine day and stay healthy.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Curry Honda in Atlanta GA has $5k ADM on their 2021 BB, spoke to a sales guy on the phone today about it.

After seeing a BB CTR in person this weekend, it has me really interested in upgrading. My problem is, I'd require fair trade in on my 2019 and MSRP on the BB. I think I'd have a better chance of winning the lotto.
Sponsored