Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

mabotofu

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 C300
Country flag
Inquired with Rairdon Honda of Sumner,WA and was quoted 55k.
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Any FK8 Black Friday deals left for the late riser like myself?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What are you talking about? You already have a ctr.
LOL I should have been more clear ?

I was talking about aftermarket add ons (wheels, accessories, etc.). I was looking at oil caps, radiator caps, shift knobs that donā€™t freeze your hands whenever you need to do a late evening run to Target.

mabotofu

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 C300
Country flag
Inquired with Rairdon Honda of Sumner,WA and was quoted 55k.
To add to this:
Honda of Bellingham got a 2020 CW for 52,949.
Klein Honda of Everett has a 2021 CW at 44k.
All those dealers keep hitting me with "These vehicles are very rare and sought after and other dealers mark it up more than we do"

Meanwhile Dover Honda in New Hampshire just sold one at MSRP quicker than they could respond to me haha.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I advise not to buy from any Bay Area dealership. Lowest I found was with Anderson Honda who was asking for $3k over MSRP but that was back in June/Jul. They probably want x2 now.

If you buy at those prices then you are going to fuel their cause to charge that much knowing that any desperate chump would come along and foolishly give away hard-earned money for nothing in return. You'll end up upside down and probably won't break even with it's used market value if you suddenly decide to resell it or trade it after a year or two. Dealer walks away with your money- they win- consumer loses.

Another issue we face in the Bay area is our standard of living. Look to buy out of state in an area where the standard of living is quite low. You'll probably get lucky to find one at MSRP.

Last edited:

Deleted member 44810

I advise not to buy from any Bay Area dealership. Lowest I found was with Anderson Honda who was asking for $3k over MSRP but that was back in June/Jul. They probably want x2 now.

If you buy at those prices then you are going to fuel their cause to charge that much knowing that any desperate chump would come along and foolishly give away hard-earned money for nothing in return. You'll end up upside down and probably won't break even with it's used market value if you stuff decide to resell it out trade it in the future. Dealer wins- consumer loses.

Another issue we face in the Bay area is our standard of living. Look to buy out of state in an area where the standard of living is quite low. You'll probably get lucky to find one at MSRP.

I agree I definitely will not buy from the bay area unless its MSRP. Even out of state is still hard; Oregon, Washington, Nevada, AZ....all above MSRP. Might have to venture further out...

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree I definitely will not buy from the bay area unless its MSRP. Even out of state is still hard; Oregon, Washington, Nevada, AZ....all above MSRP. Might have to venture further out...
Just to give you an idea- I bought mine in Vermont and paid 1800 for shipping. MSRP no questions asked, no markup headaches.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The last time I saw insanity like this it involved an election.

Donā€™t hate the voter, hate the blame.

BuuZah

First Name
Aiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR Boost Blue
Country flag
Really want a boost blue CTR and was shopping around. Here is one of the dealership in SoCal quoted me for

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. ripoff

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was able to get a nice exhaust at the @Kami Speed website but it always seems their inventory of other items are always "Out of Stock". So disappointing.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Really want a boost blue CTR and was shopping around. Here is one of the dealership in SoCal quoted me for

ripoff.jpg
Damn. I didnā€™t get a pro pack. Guess that makes me an amateur.