Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Oops. For a minute there I thought u meant Los Angeles. Lol
I did the same thing. Inventory here in SoCal is super low. Quotes on what little inventory is here are going up, not down. Hopefully inventory will come back with the '21 starting in Nov/Dec, but not expecting any miracles. Out of state looks like the only realistic option. Unreal.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
Go back and walk in there with a suit and tie. They will quickly jump on you like flies on a pile of crap- guaranteed!

Salespeople still haven't learned never to judge a book by looks or by it's cover.
When I was 18, I walked into a Lotus dealership wanting to buy a Lotus Elise for 45k. I didnt have any credit, made $10 an hour at Pottery Barn and didnt know my SSN for a loan. The sales staff took me very seriously and were hurt that they lost a sale because I could not qualify for a loan due to no credit history. I was wearing a suit, minus the blazer. I think it was that that somehow made them think I had money and to take me seriously.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Go back and walk in there with a suit and tie. They will quickly jump on you like flies on a pile of crap- guaranteed!

Salespeople still haven't learned never to judge a book by looks or by it's cover.
If I have to dress up for buying a fucking car that dealer doesn't deserve my business to start. I have always worn casual clothes (hoodie and shorts usually), had long hair when buying and I've been taken seriously despite not being dressed up. And if I wasn't, well, the dealer didn't get my business.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag

Not worth it. I'm pretty sure I haven't worn a suit in 2020, and I don't miss it one bit. I suspect they have lots of people looking over the CTR, and it's not like I was actually interested in buying or making an offer. I just would have made a snarky comment about the ridiculous ADM.

StevenMatchett

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Find a local dealer that took a deposit from me and told me MSRP. Got back to me a week after I gave a deposit that it could be 8 months from now

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Find a local dealer that took a deposit from me and told me MSRP. Got back to me a week after I gave a deposit that it could be 8 months from now
How much did you put down? For all we know these guys could be borrowing your cash interest-free (just like how the government does whenever they garnish taxes from us paycheck to paycheck unless you've already figured out how to set your allowance so that you take everything now and don't give them an extra cent of how much you really owe).

romuhhhr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R-39517, 2014 Mazda 6
Country flag
Day 2 of my updated 5 day delivery window......I feel like Cartman waiting for the Wii.
Happened to me bro. Initially it was 2 months from July, then got ETA of 0929 mid Sept, then it got pushed again to 0930 to 1004, last update was 1013 but car actually came in a day early 1012. Just waiting for the paperworks since out-of-state purchase.

Tagged

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, BBP
Country flag
Happened to me bro. Initially it was 2 months from July, then got ETA of 0929 mid Sept, then it got pushed again to 0930 to 1004, last update was 1013 but car actually came in a day early 1012. Just waiting for the paperworks since out-of-state purchase.
Nice, hope that happens with mine. My window is 1015-1019. I actually asked around to some other dealer ships in the state that was getting one soon and they all gave me similar answers kinda. So we shall see.

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
Make sure you have a signed buyers order with the deposit shown and pricing breakdown.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
8 months is when the Swindon plant closes permanently. There won't be any more 10th gen hatches of any sort 8 months from now.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
What was the reason they would give you on the updated ETA each time? Mine has been stateside for almost 2 weeks. Was initially told it's at a port in another state waiting to be put on a truck. Still the reason.

Seems like a long time for a car to be sitting around once it makes it over from the UK.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
This doesn't sound right. I talked to several dealers willing to sell at msrp and take my deposit who were honest that they'll take it but don't even know when or if they'll get a car before production ends, especially a specific color.

Allocations are given each quarter so it sounds like they have no clue if they'll even get an allocated car in your color but took your deposit anyway......because the conversation should usually go "we have an allocation for a [insert color] and it should be about X weeks until its here".

I also had a local dealer tell me ya ya no problem on boost blue. Went in to sign the papers and give a deposit and the story changed. Glad at least they told me it wasn't happening, even last minute.

Tagged

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, BBP
Country flag
What was the reason they would give you on the updated ETA each time? Mine has been stateside for almost 2 weeks. Was initially told it's at a port in another state waiting to be put on a truck. Still the reason.

Seems like a long time for a car to be sitting around once it makes it over from the UK.
You know the Vin on yours? I found some cars around mine from other dealers and they all have within a 5 day time frame it seems. One just got delivered in the state South of me and the Vin was about 100 before mine.
Sponsored