Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
I only mentioned the ideal situation of paying the car full up front and not have to deal with an outside credit union to make things simple. I do not have to get anyone else involved or get their approval for anything.
not related to your post, but says you have a DC5S. keep it, and never get rid of it!
Sponsored

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Add Empire Honda in Manhasset, NY to the naughty list. They were very bitter and unprofessional in my opinion. I was INSANELY POLITE to them in every interaction. (Trying out Chris Voss' theory of being very polite and empathetic)

They emailed me a few days ago about "Employee Pricing Special" this weekend only. I graciously praised them for contacting me and asked if the Type R is included in that special. They said yes.

I again was super polite and praised them even more but asked what would the final sale price be with the employee discount because I didn't want to drive their if it was still too high out of my budget. She replied "What's your budget?" (lol nice try)

So I wrote this back:
"Hey ______,

I estimated the following employee pricing based on the invoice price of the Type R which is $35,280 according to Edmunds.
Tax based on NJ would be $2,337.30, then the NY doc fee of $75, estimated registration fee of $220. Coming to a total of $37912.30 out the door.
If this pricing is something we can work together on, I'll be extremely grateful to work with you and your team. Looking forward to working with you!"

No reply. Next day I emailed back looking for an update. They said yeah, the manager can't honor that. So I said I understand, but what would the sale price be then? She replied $47,000.

-_-.... pretty much told me to fuck off if that's the "employee discount price" lol
So, you stated that your budget is invoice. That’s not the market. Offer (not ‘budget’) MSRP plus tll. If no, move on.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Yea, I don't see my car "in transit" yet so it probably has not left the plant. They had no ETA then, and they still claim they have no new info. Weird. Do dealers normally receive build and ship details from the plant?
Not to scare you, I'm sure your order is fine, but I had a dealer string me along for a month with no result to show for it. It started with a vague ETA, nothing really promised on paper, and ended with "I actually can't get a boost blue, sorry" a month later. We had even agreed on price for both the car and trade in on paper ?

I think they should have an idea when an allocated car is coming in within a margin of error of a few weeks......zero clue is strange.

Add Empire Honda in Manhasset, NY to the naughty list. They were very bitter and unprofessional in my opinion. I was INSANELY POLITE to them in every interaction. (Trying out Chris Voss' theory of being very polite and empathetic)

They emailed me a few days ago about "Employee Pricing Special" this weekend only. I graciously praised them for contacting me and asked if the Type R is included in that special. They said yes.

I again was super polite and praised them even more but asked what would the final sale price be with the employee discount because I didn't want to drive their if it was still too high out of my budget. She replied "What's your budget?" (lol nice try)

So I wrote this back:
"Hey ______,

I estimated the following employee pricing based on the invoice price of the Type R which is $35,280 according to Edmunds.
Tax based on NJ would be $2,337.30, then the NY doc fee of $75, estimated registration fee of $220. Coming to a total of $37912.30 out the door.
If this pricing is something we can work together on, I'll be extremely grateful to work with you and your team. Looking forward to working with you!"

No reply. Next day I emailed back looking for an update. They said yeah, the manager can't honor that. So I said I understand, but what would the sale price be then? She replied $47,000.

-_-.... pretty much told me to fuck off if that's the "employee discount price" lol
No way you're getting a CTR at invoice lol msrp is the standard for a "good" deal, especially with inventory being low. With that said, I hope you returned the favor and told them eat an ass when they said $47K.

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
Muller Honda, Gurnee IL: +$10,000 over list
Star Honda, Greenfield WI: +$5000 over list
Pauly Honda, Libertyville IL: Does not stock performance models, but will try to order one for you, supposedly no markup.

Windmask

First Name
Aiden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord
Country flag
McGrath Honda in Elgin wants 52,000 for their Boost Blue before any warranties. They also said once it arrives they will put all the accessories on it. Lol what a joke.

lou430

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R BB, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2011 Honda CR-Z EX
Country flag
McGrath Honda in Elgin wants 52,000 for their Boost Blue before any warranties. They also said once it arrives they will put all the accessories on it. Lol what a joke.

I heard thats a good deal for BB Type Rs......

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
I heard thats a good deal for BB Type Rs......
If anyone wants it. I talked him out of the $699 security package but they are firm on the accessory package. Im working on a deal of msrp right now for bb. Wish me luck.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Screenshot_20200926-080337

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Screenshot_20200926-080342

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If anyone wants it. I talked him out of the $699 security package but they are firm on the accessory package. Im working on a deal of msrp right now for bb. Wish me luck.

Screenshot_20200926-080337.png

Screenshot_20200926-080342.png
Dealer cost, maybe $500 stuff in pkg but labor too, standard config for every car they sell.

I bought from a Hendrick owned dealership in NE ATL that had similar pkg, over $1,100 retail, bout at $300 over MSRP. That was for red having been on lot longest and 11 months ago. They wanted$1,500 more for then new SGP.

Recommend disabling Kahu tracking if you get it. Not using much personal data but can track entire vehicle route history just like many other apps. Not paranoid, educated.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d ask them, “How’d you get a LIMITED in Boost Blue?” If pre-ordered, many Limiteds sell below that.

Last edited:

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag

Screenshot_20200926-080337.png

Screenshot_20200926-080342.png
So are you passing on this one? Reason why I ask - it’s what - $1500 over MSRP as well as the ‘forced’ accessory package of a little over $2k - sooo....if this is your car that is in the color you want - would it not be worth at least exploring it - I feel like if they can give you more on your trade in (if you are doing it) or offer lower interest rate for your trouble - than maybe the pain and aggravation of finally getting one would be over. Considering that it seems like every BB I come across has ADM of minimum $5k.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Might cover your personal info.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$47K for a Civic... ouch. It’s a great car, but I don’t think it’s a $47K car. Some of those accessories look bogus too, what the fuck is kahu?

Every time I hear of lifetime powertrain warranties I just know they have some huge gotchas in there.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
$47K for a Civic... ouch. It’s a great car, but I don’t think it’s a $47K car. Some of those accessories look bogus too, what the fuck is kahu?

Every time I hear of lifetime powertrain warranties I just know they have some huge gotchas in there.
Yes there are always huge gotcha in power train warranties. Power train is the most reliable parts of the car anyways.

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

It’s a GPS thang.

Kahu is a product sold to consumers by the larger company Spireon. Kahu is pitched as a vehicle tracking service that allows the owner to remember where their car is parked, track it if stolen, follow new drivers' routes, set speeding alerts, and set alerts if the vehicle leaves a defined geofence area. So that's Kahu.Oct 31, 2019”
Sponsored