Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Philip Wing

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon (needs new transmission)
Country flag
Another addition to the naughty list. If I'm paying $5000 over MSRP, I'll get it locally:

Good afternoon Philip,

my name is Mirna Cartagena and I'm an Internet Sales Representative here at Findlay Honda in the Northwest. I will be assisting with your interest in the 2021 Civic Type R .
The MSRP is $37,950 and our Addendum is $5,000. If you are shopping for a Civic Type R, then you should be familiar with this mark-up. It's common for most dealers since the vehicle is in such high demand and very low supply.

The Type R is shipped from England and takes weeks to be delivered. Other dealerships have been known to mark their Type R's up to $15,000.

There are no accessories quoted at this time and the price of this vehicle is non negotiable.

Also, There's an incoming 2021 Civic Type R in transit but as of today there's no ETA. Last time I checked it was dated By Novemeber / December 2020. I'll be in touch with any updates on our incoming unit!

Thanks so much,

At least she's pleasant about it.
Sponsored

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR / '20 SGP CTR (Sold) / '15 FRS (Sold)
Country flag
Another addition to the naughty list. If I'm paying $5000 over MSRP, I'll get it locally:

Good afternoon Philip,

my name is Mirna Cartagena and I'm an Internet Sales Representative here at Findlay Honda in the Northwest. I will be assisting with your interest in the 2021 Civic Type R .
The MSRP is $37,950 and our Addendum is $5,000. If you are shopping for a Civic Type R, then you should be familiar with this mark-up. It's common for most dealers since the vehicle is in such high demand and very low supply.

The Type R is shipped from England and takes weeks to be delivered. Other dealerships have been known to mark their Type R's up to $15,000.

There are no accessories quoted at this time and the price of this vehicle is non negotiable.

Also, There's an incoming 2021 Civic Type R in transit but as of today there's no ETA. Last time I checked it was dated By Novemeber / December 2020. I'll be in touch with any updates on our incoming unit!

Thanks so much,

At least she's pleasant about it.
Lol! She's a classy one

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Going on day 3 with the Type R. I was able to get it to pass smog with the help and advice from one of our fellow members here @seijitsu

OBD2 drive cycle is something that you need to do before heading in for a smog test otherwise it will fail emissions.

On a side note, my good buddy who been smog testing all my vehicles for years said that out of all the vehicles that he’s smog tested in his shop, mine had the least amount of miles- 69 miles. I said to him that should be an easy number to remember.

(Then I turned to him and said don’t ask me why ??)

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Going on day 3 with the Type R. I was able to get it to pass smog with the help and advice from one of our fellow members here @seijitsu

OBD2 drive cycle is something that you need to do before heading in for a smog test otherwise it will fail emissions.

On a side note, my good buddy who been smog testing all my vehicles for years said that out of all the vehicles that he’s smog tested in his shop, mine had the least amount of miles- 69 miles. I said to him that should be an easy number to remember.

(Then I turned to him and said don’t ask me why ??)
Have you posted photos already?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you posted photos already?
Only 1 so far. I have this one from when it was being offloaded by the Dynamic Russian duo who came nonstop to deliver the vehicle to me. No worries- this was before they pulled out the ramp extenders.

Instead of having them drive up to my place, I met them in a nearby commercial complex. Probably the best 15 min walk I took in awhile. Not more than 6 min later the truck rounded the corner and arrived. Filthy from truck driving through a snowstorm with more than 1ft of snow in some places but made it in one piece.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 80D09C90-5033-47D0-AE90-786EE585F2DA

Philip Wing

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda 6 Sport Wagon (needs new transmission)
Country flag
Filthy from truck driving through a snowstorm with more than 1ft of snow in some places but made it in one piece.
Where was there a snowstorm at this time of year already?!

Unfortunately now you'll have to deal with a different kind of "snowstorm" - all of the ash from various West Coast wildfires… :(

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where was there a snowstorm at this time of year already?!

Unfortunately now you'll have to deal with a different kind of "snowstorm" - all of the ash from various West Coast wildfires… :(
Right you are my friend- snowstorm was in Colorado.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Type R is a beast!! Hands-down best car I've ever owned. The power delivery does not screw-around. Even though I'm in break-in period, I had to use the power only a few times to get out of sticky situations, but it's still going to be gently broken-in.

Has anyone noticed, but whenever I downshift from 4th to 3rd, it sounds like all the screws on the dashboard are going to rattle-off. Is that just me or is it part of the "break-in" period, including screws and dashboard? ?

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I meticulously put Loctite on all my dash screws so wish I could relate but on principle totally agree. Revved half rpm and above in 3rd the R is an angry tiger ready to pounce.

This is a sticker price thread but owners, even of those not (yet) modified, know it’s capable and rewarding beyond its (ADM inflated?) MSRP.

Did my first Autocross Saturday and grip and stability were amazing on pretty tight track. Short so most turns are in 2nd gear, good dash at end to 80ish mph in 3rd, then must brake hard.

Recommend after break-in you do something not public that lets you flex it to limits, confident you’ll be impressed beyond expectations, we R.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. BCA0DF41-B239-4CEC-ABFE-705E585ECEE4

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The car is great but it's not worth paying over MSRP for it
I agree. Let's continue to encourage future owners to keep looking and be persistent because it's their money that they're trying to preserve. Hard work will pay off in dividends and peace of mind once the entire process is over. Then you can redirect those funds to mods, mods, mods!!! ?

Skandiluz

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR / '20 SGP CTR (Sold) / '15 FRS (Sold)
Country flag
The Type R is a beast!! Hands-down best car I've ever owned. The power delivery does not screw-around. Even though I'm in break-in period, I had to use the power only a few times to get out of sticky situations, but it's still going to be gently broken-in.

Has anyone noticed, but whenever I downshift from 4th to 3rd, it sounds like all the screws on the dashboard are going to rattle-off. Is that just me or is it part of the "break-in" period, including screws and dashboard? ?
Can't say I have had that issue. I'll keep it in mind and listen for it next time I drive it though.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a ton of rattling issues, but can't say I've ever experienced that.

mrcivictyper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW CTR
Country flag
I took it in this morning to a buddy of mine and right off the bat when he plugged in the OBD2 it showed some status where the vehicle was not ready to be smogged. He quickly told me it was too new and that it hasn't collected a lot of data yet since it only has 27 miles. Then he mentioned that I needed to do perform an OBDII drive cycle in order for car to pass test. Said to put at least 100 miles on it and drive it up/down highway before going back for a test. I ordered for myself one of those Bluetooth OBD2 scanners so that I can plug in myself and prep the car before going back to him.

Only paid 23 bucks for this thing but has great reviews on Amazon.

We have a local VIN verification service who can go and meet you to verify the VIN instead of going to the DMV and trying to get an appointment. That's the other reason why I need an MSO for verification.
Hi MrTruckers, I bought my CW in Houston, TX and drove it back home to San Diego 2 years ago. I did not get a smog check when I registered it with the CA DMV. I have no idea if the laws recently changed. The dealership didn't calculate the taxes and fees correctly. I ended up having to pay the amount due to register my car. That was the only issue I had. Good luck with registration.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hi MrTruckers, I bought my CW in Houston, TX and drove it back home to San Diego 2 years ago. I did not get a smog check when I registered it with the CA DMV. I have no idea if the laws recently changed. The dealership didn't calculate the taxes and fees correctly. I ended up having to pay the amount due to register my car. That was the only issue I had. Good luck with registration.
Thanks sir for replying back. As a matter of fact, I believe the rules have indeed changed. Earlier this morning I completed the cycle of getting the 3 documents processed and finally sent to my DMV processor who is also part of the Credit Union. The 3 documents included Smog Certification, VIN Verification & MSO (which was held by the out-of-state dealership). The entire process took much longer than I anticipated because of the back and fourth with the dealership regarding the MSO, but I was able to get the process done. I think part of the delay was because of the dealership working with an out-of-state buyer as myself that really put them out of their usual routine process.

If there are any Northern CA future owners here, there is a lady that can do the VIN Verification for you in San Jose without the need for the MSO. You can find her info here on yelp:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-registrar-san-jose-4
Ask for Shar

If you need an affordable smog check, visit my buddy and check-in with the Yelp App for a discounted check. Only $38 with coupon.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sunnyvale-discount-smog-star-certified-check-station-sunnyvale
Ask for Francis
Sponsored