Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

lou430

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R BB, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2011 Honda CR-Z EX
Country flag
Says the guy who has a 2020 BB. "I dont care, I already got mine"
I paid over MSRP plus $899 dealer fee......do I want dealers to charge 10k over? NO......do I want dealers to start selling them for $35k NO.
Sponsored

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
I paid over MSRP plus $899 dealer fee......do I want dealers to charge 10k over? NO......do I want dealers to start selling them for $35k NO.
Ok that's how you got your BB. You accepted a bad deal. Dealer fee should not be more than $400.
We will never get a good return on our resale compared to overpaying for the car when it was new.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Ok that's how you got your BB. You accepted a bad deal. Dealer fee should not be more than $400.
We will never get a good return on our resale compared to overpaying for the car when it was new.
What does the dealer fee entail? That's not the same as Doc fee is it? If it is, I read somewhere that it's not regulated but set by the dealership and is usually non-negotiable.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Dealer fee is profit but varies by market/state. Just factor it in for the full cost of the car less tax and reg.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
What does the dealer fee entail? That's not the same as Doc fee is it? If it is, I read somewhere that it's not regulated but set by the dealership and is usually non-negotiable.
Yes doc fee is not negotiate but if it's unusually high, dealers are just profiting it. Tell them to take a few hundred off the price of the car to offset their doc fee scam. Dealers can get sued for having a case by case doc fee amount.

aflores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Glad I was able to make it to this forum!!

Well I'm not even going to bother to find out dealer prices here in SoCal if they are all not going for MSRP. I have my financing ready as well as down so time to look out of state!! Anyone know of any CW going for MSRP

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I think it has a cap in several states. Unfortunately mine is not one of them. There is a local Kia dealer that has an $1800 doc and prep fee. FWIW I paid $425 doc and prep in SC for my CTR. That seems about average.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tried one last time at a local dealer (Walnut Creek) and the salesperson sends me a quote of $47950. The next day he sends another email and says it was an error, it was actually $42950. Was waiting on a 3rd error but no-go. ?‍♂

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@jincheol have you been shopping around for shops who can do a PPF or Ceramic pro coating on the vehicle? I'm planning on getting a cheap car cover off of Amazon to temporarily protect mine until I can find a shop who can do the work. First thing on my do-list when I get mine at the end of the month.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks Izzy! Salamat Pare! Appreciate it! Now I'm trying to find a reliable shipping company who can bring a car cross-country from Vermont. The review are a mixed-bag and I usually look at the latest ones posted. I'm looking to go enclosed to protect the car as someone said it's worth paying the extra than having it repainted for damages from flying rocks or other debris on its journey to the west coast.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks Izzy! Salamat Pare! Appreciate it! Now I'm trying to find a reliable shipping company who can bring a car cross-country from Vermont. The review are a mixed-bag and I usually look at the latest ones posted. I'm looking to go enclosed to protect the car as someone said it's worth paying the extra than having it repainted for damages from flying rocks or other debris on its journey to the west coast.
Can't the dealer help you with this? Enclosed will be your best bet for sure. Nothing sucks more when you get a brand new ride and it has small imperfections on it. Good luck!

romuhhhr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R-39517, 2014 Mazda 6
Country flag

I've seen people use Montway Auto Transport. I'm probably using them as well shipping from PA to CA.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've seen people use Montway Auto Transport. I'm probably using them as well shipping from PA to CA.
A lot of the reviews are mixed-bag and the reason why is they are primarily brokers who find a private little company who's willing to do their work and split the difference in payment.

Shipacardirect.com - No go (reason why was not stated on quote)
JP Logistics- $$$

I'll try Montway- Thanks!

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah it’s open. I was going to do enclosed and paid 1.6K. However that company came back a week later on the day of pickup and tried up sell me by $200-300.
Can you please share the carrier you used to transport your vehicle? Thanks!
Sponsored