Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

seijitsu

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, BB; 2008 Civic Si Sedan, Fuji Blue
Country flag
Can you share that location that has the Rallye Red available? I may be interested if they are willing to negotiate a reasonable price. Thanks!

It was Honda North in Fresno, Ca. Sorry, I should have called their bluff. That way I could have told you if they were truly serious.
Sponsored

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
It was Honda North in Fresno, Ca. Sorry, I should have called their bluff. That way I could have told you if they were truly serious.
Norcal dealership are notorious. They know if a car is in hot demand. Before I got my 2020 CTR, I would look into those online sites like Cars.com, cargurus and autotrader. They post prices like msrp. but when you go there they put a least 8k over and that's ridiculous. Funny tho, I been looking again at those sites just for kicks and giggles and I would see @ 10 CTR for sale but now 1 or 2. People are buying up here in Norcal maybe because of that "abbreviated" year. I don't know

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Norcal dealership are notorious. They know if a car is in hot demand. Before I got my 2020 CTR, I would look into those online sites like Cars.com, cargurus and autotrader. They post prices like msrp. but when you go there they put a least 8k over and that's ridiculous. Funny tho, I been looking again at those sites just for kicks and giggles and I would see @ 10 CTR for sale but now 1 or 2. People are buying up here in Norcal maybe because of that "abbreviated" year. I don't know
When I sent an inquiry through the cars.com website, mostly all of the dealerships response to me were to have me contact them via phone after I've already sent them a message to explicitly provide me an out-the-door invoice on their vehicle just to cut the BS. One responded by saying that they "never sold at or below MSRP" so I pretty much cut all communication with that dealer.

I did notice though that at the beginning of the pandemic, more dealers were providing me out-the-door prices with no questions asked, but maybe since the production plant in Swindon shut-down and they just barely started-up again, these dealers feel they can dick-around with people and try to justify their ridiculous markups by using supply-demand and bait/switch tactics. I wonder if anyone has complained to these websites that they are literally false-advertising their prices and they should be removed from those sites. The reason why they put their prices like that is so that they can be listed on the first page of the website. Again- false advertising!

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
When I sent an inquiry through the cars.com website, mostly all of the dealerships response to me were to have me contact them via phone after I've already sent them a message to explicitly provide me an out-the-door invoice on their vehicle just to cut the BS. One responded by saying that they "never sold at or below MSRP" so I pretty much cut all communication with that dealer.

I did notice though that at the beginning of the pandemic, more dealers were providing me out-the-door prices with no questions asked, but maybe since the production plant in Swindon shut-down and they just barely started-up again, these dealers feel they can dick-around with people and try to justify their ridiculous markups by using supply-demand and bait/switch tactics. I wonder if anyone has complained to these websites that they are literally false-advertising their prices and they should be removed from those sites. The reason why they put their prices like that is so that they can be listed on the first page of the website. Again- false advertising!
Can't really say false advertising because they are just posting the MSRP. That doesn't mean they are going to sell it for that price. For would be first time buyers, that's a lure like you said but again they didn't say that will sell it for that price.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can't really say false advertising because they are just posting the MSRP. That doesn't mean they are going to sell it for that price. For would be first time buyers, that's a lure like you said but again they didn't say that will sell it for that price.
I suppose they can say that it's a "Starting price". On one of the dealerships photos, they were being transparent and actually showed a photo of the exact sticker that included the "market rate adjustment" that was about 5K over including accessories I believe. I don't remember the name of the dealership but I think they may be located out in Texas.

jasenkent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I suppose they can say that it's a "Starting price". On one of the dealerships photos, they were being transparent and actually showed a photo of the exact sticker that included the "market rate adjustment" that was about 5K over including accessories I believe. I don't remember the name of the dealership but I think they may be located out in Texas.
That dealer is located in Austin and they have/had a Boost Blue model. The sticker price pictured made it seem like the legit sale price. However, it was not. When you go and look at it, the dealer added much more to that sticker price.

One of the other forum members can verify that too.

This dealership should be sued for false advertising.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
I get dealers down to their lowest willing markup of about 3k-5k over msrp. I still reject it. They never call me back over the days to offer a lower number because some idiot ends up paying their bullshit markup and the car is gone.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
58K. Sorry but you can get better cars for that money :thumbsdown:

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get dealers down to their lowest willing markup of about 3k-5k over msrp. I still reject it. They never call me back over the days to offer a lower number because some idiot ends up paying their bullshit markup and the car is gone.
That depends if the markup includes accessories. I paid 3k over MSRP in accessories that I was going to get anyway.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That depends if the markup includes accessories. I paid 3k over MSRP in accessories that I was going to get anyway.
3K + accessories- did that include carbon fiber wing and carbon fiber side view mirrors at least?

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
What is going on up in California? You guys have the option to get it shipped, i would rather buy out of state and use $1K to ship the car than buy anything in Cali over MSRP
Sponsored