Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I purchased it in Ohio about 2-3 weeks ago. Just secured the shipping. 43K OTD
Damn Ohio! How much is the shipping to Cali.?
Sponsored

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
1K sounds about right. Is it being shipped on an open trailer with other vehicles? I think the closed trailers are almost 2K but protects your paint from flying objects such as rocks during the transport.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
1K sounds about right. Is it being shipped on an open trailer with other vehicles? I think the closed trailers are almost 2K but protects your paint from flying objects such as rocks during the transport.
I used an open carrier for mine (FL to CO in Nov). Other than being very dirty from winter weather, it was fine. Pretty low risk for rocks on a carrier. I had ppf installed upon arrival in CO. Cost difference for an enclosed carrier (for a $35k car) doesn’t make sense to me.

seijitsu

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, BB; 2008 Civic Si Sedan, Fuji Blue
Country flag
yeah it’s open. I was going to do enclosed and paid 1.6K. However that company came back a week later on the day of pickup and tried up sell me by $200-300.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah it’s open. I was going to do enclosed and paid 1.6K. However that company came back a week later on the day of pickup and tried up sell me by $200-300.
Hey you're from NorCal as well. Same here. I know the pains of trying to find a Bay Area dealer who would sell at MSRP (basically none). You've probably tried to contact those fools up in Tracy who wanted almost 50k for their car. I'm going to go the same route as you brother and try to find and buy one from an out of state, more deserving and easy to work with dealership sometime in the future. I wouldn't give a dime to these dealerships around our area. They have no justification for pulling some numbers out of thin air and adding it on to the price.

seijitsu

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, BB; 2008 Civic Si Sedan, Fuji Blue
Country flag
Hey you're from NorCal as well. Same here. I know the pains of trying to find a Bay Area dealer who would sell at MSRP (basically none). You've probably tried to contact those fools up in Tracy who wanted almost 50k for their car. I'm going to go the same route as you brother and try to find and buy one from an out of state, more deserving and easy to work with dealership sometime in the future. I wouldn't give a dime to these dealerships around our area. They have no justification for pulling some numbers out of thin air and adding it on to the price.
Yeah brother. It is ludicrous here in NorCal. Tracy and Stockton Honda are on another planet. Stockton wanted 52K plus tax and fees. When I was trying to negotiate with some dealerships, I offered to throw in the money I would have used for out of state shipping. No one took the offer.

I think the only thing I would have done differently would to maybe consider another color. Some places had a black type r (which looks slick) going for MSRP. Also, the dealership where I purchased my SI said they would be willing to match an out of state price (provided I show them documentation) but they only had a white and red type r (I should have at least called their bluff to see if they would match).

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
Milpitas, CA had a BB that was sold before it even arrived. Their asking price was +15k.

Warpspeed

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo8, EF Civic Si, and 2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
So the car cost 43k plus 1k for shipping to a total of 44k for the car. If that's correct well.......I got mine for 41K

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Milpitas, CA had a BB that was sold before it even arrived. Their asking price was +15k.
Well we can add them to the naughty list. Anderson Honda in Palo Alto wanted theirs 3K over MSRP which is the cheapest I've seen in terms of markup. Two weeks ago I saw a guy driving out of the PAMF Clinic garage in San Carlos with a Rally Red 19. He must have picked it up from Anderson. Still looked new.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah brother. It is ludicrous here in NorCal. Tracy and Stockton Honda are on another planet. Stockton wanted 52K plus tax and fees. When I was trying to negotiate with some dealerships, I offered to throw in the money I would have used for out of state shipping. No one took the offer.

I think the only thing I would have done differently would to maybe consider another color. Some places had a black type r (which looks slick) going for MSRP. Also, the dealership where I purchased my SI said they would be willing to match an out of state price (provided I show them documentation) but they only had a white and red type r (I should have at least called their bluff to see if they would match).
Can you share that location that has the Rallye Red available? I may be interested if they are willing to negotiate a reasonable price. Thanks!

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
Can you share that location that has the Rallye Red available? I may be interested if they are willing to negotiate a reasonable price. Thanks!
About a week ago, I was talking to a Honda dealer in north Los Angeles; Santa Clarita/Northridge, somewhere around there. My salesman said he would sell me a red at 2k+ msrp. Go for it.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Dont pay a Dime above MSRP you are giving up man. 2k+ above MSRP is criminal

lou430

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R BB, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2011 Honda CR-Z EX
Country flag
There are too many members buying at less than MSRP to pay over. Look out of state for a deals or wait for 2021.

I only wanted boost blue so that wasn't negotiable.
Sponsored

Last edited: