Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
Must have been a pretty loaded M3. SMG?
It wasn't SMG, but otherwise loaded. I don't have the window sticker anymore, it was in the file I gave to the guy I sold it to. But I'm pretty sure that my OTD price with tax, tag, title etc. was around $60K. No ADM but no discounts either. BMW dealers were having no problem selling those cars at MSRP. And honestly, it was worth that. Wish I could have kept it longer than three years, but life got in the way. And I get the same kick out of driving the CTR.
Sponsored

jasenkent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have 5 Honda Dealers within 40 miles of me. About a month ago, they all got their shipments of the 2020 Type R. So there were a total of 8 Type R's on their lots. I spent time with all off them and they all added thousands of dollars in (useless) "Dealer Options" on these and a couple of them charged a "Dealer Adjustment" fee. In one month, they have sold 6 of the Type R's, most of them around $45,000. I believe the 2 left are being sold for closer to $50,000. So there must be a demand for these cars even at what I think are outrageous prices.

romuhhhr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R-39517, 2014 Mazda 6
Country flag
I have 5 Honda Dealers within 40 miles of me. About a month ago, they all got their shipments of the 2020 Type R. So there were a total of 8 Type R's on their lots. I spent time with all off them and they all added thousands of dollars in (useless) "Dealer Options" on these and a couple of them charged a "Dealer Adjustment" fee. In one month, they have sold 6 of the Type R's, most of them around $45,000. I believe the 2 left are being sold for closer to $50,000. So there must be a demand for these cars even at what I think are outrageous prices.
Are you in CA?

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I honestly don't get it. But then again Ive been waiting since 2017 haha

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
These prices don't make sense. Why? Because there are so many Type-Rs for sell in the used car website. I don't understand why so many people are selling their cars after only 1-2yrs. And most of them are selling for MSRP or slightly below.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
These prices don't make sense. Why? Because there are so many Type-Rs for sell in the used car website. I don't understand why so many people are selling their cars after only 1-2yrs. And most of them are selling for MSRP or slightly below.
I think most of the used on the lot either didn’t know what type of car they were getting or are You Tubers who used the car for clicks.

Itsawgood

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si energy green
Country flag
You have to talk tough on the phone with these bastards. Demand them to tell you the price over the phone. Dont accept any "we'll take care of you" bullshit.
The whole trick to car selling is to get you in the dealership, And then you get that new car smell and get all excited they will say anything they can to get you in there