Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

NYR2424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What's included in this "Type R package"?
LOL. Still waiting on the gift items:

Paint matched door moldings

Paint matched fender trims

2 Honda cups

2 Honda T-Shirts

1 Type R Jacket

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Well, local dealers here in SoCal are back at it. $10K ADM for the 2020... "there are things on the 2020 that people didnt like on the 2019's so they are selling like Hot Cakes"

Me- "We'll Hot Cakes aren't really selling right now neither"

Samurai999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05ā€™ Sti, ā€˜20 Type R
Country flag
Posted on another thread, but Iā€™m experiencing the same up here In NorCal. Im actively looking for a white one, but may just do whatever color is available just to get a good price.

Best price Iā€™m getting at this point is MSRP w/ $3k markup.

The most ridiculous offer I got was from Honda of Walnut Creek. $5 markup with a $5k ā€œout of area chargeā€ (I live outside the county). Honestly this the first time Iā€™ve heard such a thing...

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Posted on another thread, but Iā€™m experiencing the same up here In NorCal. Im actively looking for a white one, but may just do whatever color is available just to get a good price.

Best price Iā€™m getting at this point is MSRP w/ $3k markup.

The most ridiculous offer I got was from Honda of Walnut Creek. $5 markup with a $5k ā€œout of area chargeā€ (I live outside the county). Honestly this the first time Iā€™ve heard such a thing...
You should try out of State, donā€™t even give them the $3k Markup

Samurai999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05ā€™ Sti, ā€˜20 Type R
Country flag
Well, local dealers here in SoCal are back at it. $10K ADM for the 2020... "there are things on the 2020 that people didnt like on the 2019's so they are selling like Hot Cakes"

Me- "We'll Hot Cakes aren't really selling right now neither"
For fun, I tried hondaworld in OC. I think they were asking either for 8k or 10k, but the fact that I didnā€™t write anything down means the price was ridiculous.

Mach ENT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger Scat Pack 392 Hemi
Country flag
Markups are ridiculous especially in this economic environment. Got several contacts today from SoCal dealers. Minimum 3k markup. I said thanks but no thanks. At that price, many other nice rides to be had. Stay strong!

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So here is my story. Wanted a BB CTR 2020 but did not want to pay over MSRP like everyone else. I Called almost everyone in SoCal who has it in stock and all of them has mark up and add-ons because itā€™s a special color (sigh) including Gardena Honda since it showed 4 in stock 2 white 2 Blues. First quote was $46k plus 3k add-ons. Turns out the cars was not in yet and most likely next week (at least I want to see it in person). Then got an Email last Friday. All new inventory discounted including CTRs, at this point $34k+. I said no way, I Immediately called and they said itā€™s a mistake (really no way) the discounts wasnā€™t meant for the R ... but itā€™s your lucky day, itā€™s now MSRP plus add-ons, I went nuts and threw a tiny fit and Emailed manager. To make a long conversation short. He basically responded by Sorry but we did not mean the mistake... me like umhmm. Come over when it gets here and we will work something out. I got a call today that itā€™s here but they insist that it will still be MSRP +add-ons, because there are 10 others waiting. I told myself to just go and see if I really want it. I got there and since the car just got in the lot. Add ons has not been installed yet so I said no need to put it in then right? and sales people still insist. So as they were checking my trade. The manager came out and he says, you will get it for MSRP since they have not installed any add ons yet.. I was like yahhh and gave them all props. Iā€™m finally an owner of a Type R in BB in SoCal. So I donā€™t know, I guess persistence, timing, luck, covid, all probably played in a roll. I attached a photo of my new baby and the ā€œmistakenā€ add they put out. Out of the 4 only 1 BB is left. I hope the others got the same or better deal as me. Good luck to you guys in finding your CTR, no matter what you pay just make sure you can afford it and really love the car. Because itā€™s an awesome machine!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. A820A106-265F-46D9-924D-9ED988C83C16

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 447FA64B-C1E8-461B-9061-4EA94444EB89

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (Sold), 2019 Clarity, 2020 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So here is my story. Wanted a BB CTR 2020 but did not want to pay over MSRP like everyone else. I Called almost everyone in SoCal who has it in stock and all of them has mark up and add-ons because itā€™s a special color (sigh) including Gardena Honda since it showed 4 in stock 2 white 2 Blues. First quote was $46k plus 3k add-ons. Turns out the cars was not in yet and most likely next week (at least I want to see it in person). Then got an Email last Friday. All new inventory discounted including CTRs, at this point $34k+. I said no way, I Immediately called and they said itā€™s a mistake (really no way) the discounts wasnā€™t meant for the R ... but itā€™s your lucky day, itā€™s now MSRP plus add-ons, I went nuts and threw a tiny fit and Emailed manager. To make a long conversation short. He basically responded by Sorry but we did not mean the mistake... me like umhmm. Come over when it gets here and we will work something out. I got a call today that itā€™s here but they insist that it will still be MSRP +add-ons, because there are 10 others waiting. I told myself to just go and see if I really want it. I got there and since the car just got in the lot. Add ons has not been installed yet so I said no need to put it in then right? and sales people still insist. So as they were checking my trade. The manager came out and he says, you will get it for MSRP since they have not installed any add ons yet.. I was like yahhh and gave them all props. Iā€™m finally an owner of a Type R in BB in SoCal. So I donā€™t know, I guess persistence, timing, luck, covid, all probably played in a roll. I attached a photo of my new baby and the ā€œmistakenā€ add they put out. Out of the 4 only 1 BB is left. I hope the others got the same or better deal as me. Good luck to you guys in finding your CTR, no matter what you pay just make sure you can afford it and really love the car. Because itā€™s an awesome machine!!!

A820A106-265F-46D9-924D-9ED988C83C16.jpeg

447FA64B-C1E8-461B-9061-4EA94444EB89.jpeg
Man you are so lucky to get a deal like that especially in SoCal. I just sent them an email, hope I have the same luck as you. Thank you for posting this. Congratulations again!

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yup, MSRP in SoCal is like invoice. Claremont Honda....."$55K but throw in a Bid and we will see what we can do" this is on a Black CTR...smh...

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked up this beauty last night thanks to @izzyC-EX I paid MSRP + addons. For Being in SoCal, that is a great deal. I'd rather pay for add ons rather than just Air.
61112181138.JPG
Whoah! You did it. Is it time for a BB meet in the comfort of our own homes?, :) CONGRATS!
This car is tremendously awesome, been making excuses to go out for essential stuff like buying food. I'm liking it as mush as my M2C.

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Whoah! You did it. Is it time for a BB meet in the comfort of our own homes?, :) CONGRATS!
This car is tremendously awesome, been making excuses to go out for essential stuff like buying food. I'm liking it as mush as my M2C.
Honestly, I was nervous about it. I was thinking since they lost out on the mistake they made, they would've made me pay for it. I mentioned you recommended them and they wanted to see the forum. In the end, it turns out the only extra is the addons like you mentioned. I too have been making excuses to drive it. I will later after work. Thank you again for your post. Maybe once things go back to normal we can meet up somewhere.

islander670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup, MSRP in SoCal is like invoice. Claremont Honda....."$55K but throw in a Bid and we will see what we can do" this is on a Black CTR...smh...
Spreen Honda wanted 53k. They said if you can get a lower price within SoCal in writing, they can match it. Check out DCH Honda in Gardena. They do MSRP + Addons, no other markups. Send them an email.
Sponsored