Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
The reason I asked because I was about to buy a BMW M2 then I decided on the CTR. I did not test drive either. I had many BMWs, currently the 2019 BMW 540x-drive m-sport. Never owned a true M version. Fast in a straight line but It feels like a big boat however my wife loves it. I wanted a smaller vehicle that handles. I thought The Honda choice would be bullet proof. I think I’m regretting my choice
My 19' Type R would occasionally grind 2nd. gear too, then I adjusted my CMC with the pedal adjustment and it has never happened again. I see you own a Yenko 427 Camaro so I'm sure you can handle that adjustment! I owned a COPO 427 Camaro myself previously!:thumbsup: Search this mod here and try it!

Deleted member 32279

My 19' Type R would occasionally grind 2nd. gear too, then I adjusted my CMC with the pedal adjustment and it has never happened again. I see you own a Yenko 427 Camaro so I'm sure you can handle that adjustment! I owned a COPO 427 Camaro myself previously!:thumbsup: Search this mod here and try it!
Love my 1969 Camaro. Did the adjustment and it did help a little bit but still have the grind. Changed trans fluid to gm synchromesh FM and installed modified clutch match cylinder. Still grinds not as much as before but still grinds. Forget about aggressive shifting that’s where it really grinds, Probably need a new trans

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Wow, does sound like a synchronizer or blocking ring issue then. Mine totally went away after the adjustment. I also changed to GM Syncromesh later and that made the shifting extremely smooth. We all know cars are made, not born so occasionally bad parts/assemblies are used. Hang tough through the process and I'm sure that Honda will make it right for you. You will love it in the end! :thumbsup: Best of luck with getting the car straightened out and update us on the progress. I'm pulling for you.:beer:

Deleted member 32279

Wow, does sound like a synchronizer or blocking ring issue then. Mine totally went away after the adjustment. I also changed to GM Syncromesh later and that made the shifting extremely smooth. We all know cars are made, not born so occasionally bad parts/assemblies are used. Hang tough through the process and I'm sure that Honda will make it right for you. You will love it in the end! :thumbsup: Best of luck with getting the car straightened out and update us on the progress. I'm pulling for you.:beer:
Thanks brother

SilentMonkCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
Country flag
There is no way this car is even worth the sticker price that I paid. Leaking valve covers and never ending second gear grind. Fully regret buying this piece of junk. Now I have do the dealership dance again and try to fix my trans which Honda won’t admit theirs a problem
Another person who blew their 2nd gear out calling the car junk. If it was a bad transmission it's as easy as going to the dealer and getting it swapped out. Unless they found something the user did. Over Rev code, etc.. My oil filter was so tight from the factory I had to destroy it to get it off. Doesn't make the car junk.

Deleted member 32279

Another person who blew their 2nd gear out calling the car junk. If it was a bad transmission it's as easy as going to the dealer and getting it swapped out. Unless they found something the user did. Over Rev code, etc.. My oil filter was so tight from the factory I had to destroy it to get it off. Doesn't make the car junk.
Maybe if you join a gym you wouldn’t be such a wimp on removing your oil filter. Stay on your couch and leave the mechanics to real men.I had manuals all my life so whenever you need real driving lessons give me a call. LMAO

SilentMonkCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
Country flag
Maybe if you join a gym you wouldn’t be such a wimp on removing your oil filter. Stay on your couch and leave the mechanics to real men.I had manuals all my life so whenever you need real driving lessons give me a call. LMAO
Ahh yes. With this post here. We have confirmation you smoked that transmission. Enjoy your headaches...

Deleted member 32279

Ahh yes. With this post here. We have confirmation you smoked that transmission. Enjoy your headaches...
Are you a troll? Do you know how to read? Are you aware what is going on with the second gear grind. I’m currently trying to find a dealership that I can trust to do the work. Had Planet Honda do my leaking valve cover and they did a horrible job. The individuals on here have offered fixes but it hasn’t fully helped . I was hoping for a solution and many on here have had success. I have had the second gear grind since the first week I purchased the car. The dealership is the last resort for me. I hate having the dealership to anything to my car. However, you must be the type that goes to the dealer when the windshield washer fluid is low and say: “Hey how do you fill this up” LOL

SilentMonkCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
Country flag
Are you a troll? Do you know how to read? Are you aware what is going on with the second gear grind. I’m currently trying to find a dealership that I can trust to do the work. Had Planet Honda do my leaking valve cover and they did a horrible job. The individuals on here have offered fixes but it hasn’t fully helped . I was hoping for a solution and many on here have had success. I have had the second gear grind since the first week I purchased the car. The dealership is the last resort for me. I hate having the dealership to anything to my car. However, you must be the type that goes to the dealer when the windshield washer fluid is low and say: “Hey how do you fill this up” LOL
Yes the catch can, PRL HVI, brake pads, oil, illuminated door sills, complete intercooler kit all just jumped on to my FK8 while I slept. Crazy....

Deleted member 32279

Yes the catch can, PRL HVI, brake pads, oil, illuminated door sills, complete intercooler kit all just jumped on to my FK8 while I slept. Crazy....
I’m glad you can do the basics. We should all know that on this forum or at least teach others. Wow you’re a parts changer. Get back to me when you can rebuild motors and Port and polish heads. A lost craft. I don’t think you ever saw the inside of an engine. Please respect the ones that build a car from the ground up. Rule 1: don’t act like you know everything. It makes you look like an ass. Stop being an ass when you respond to posts. You have to grow up a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Not sure where you got your information from, but Washington Honda AND Valley are NOT selling their CTR at invoice. Below are Washington's and Valley's response. Not to sound mean or anything, but I would suggest making sure your information is accurate before posting.

screenshot.png
Valley's response.

screenshot 2.png
Haha wow... Jared. You're just another sideways salesman. Trying to take advantage of uneducated consumers. Is "Bill" your real name or just your fake email account?

Information is 100% accurate. Have quotes, for reference, for legitimate people trying to buy a vehicle. Feel free to PM me.

Valley was actually below invoice for me.

Wasting your time and others putting out false inquiry emails because you're feel threatened by a better deal in your area.

Pathetic you are Jared/"Bill"

Word for the wise avoid South Hills Honda in Pittsburgh, PA... Manipulative tactics through and through just displayed
South Hills Honda in Pittsburgh, PA "Jared" or "Bill" trying to distract people in the good-dealers thread. Jared Ambrose is actually one of the sales managers. Bad leadership example on his part.

Last edited:

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol. Why are you getting so worked up? I would love to see your under invoice quotes. That's hilarious. I didn't believe the info you posted so I made an email and got the truth. It would have been pretty dumb to use my South Hills Honda email and ask another Honda dealer for a quote. I've been a member on this forum for almost 3 years. Between Evan and I, we have sold 7 or 8 CTRs to happy members. I began selling CTRs at MSRP with no added on B.S. when the vast majority of dealers were way over sticker. The last 2 we sold were $750 and $1,500 under MSRP. I joined this forum to help out anyone who has interest in a CTR and provide them with a great deal. No one should have to pay over sticker for one, and I will continue being one of the most aggressive dealers when it comes to CTR prices. What have you provided to this forum? In your previous post, you said you made the decision to pass on a CTR.
All it boils down to is being deceiving and you're here to make money off the forum members.

You know as good as anyone, (1) email doesn't get you the price you're going pay. Numerous communications over a period of time is required. So your (1) email doesn't mean anything.

I'm here on the forum to educate myself and others members. Just because you only LET your customers pay MSRP or under MSRP, doesn't mean we can't get invoice from another dealer. Anyone can do what I did too. Shop and do your due diligence. Email multiple dealerships, don't give phone numbers initially, so everything with numbers is clear and documented with price breakdown. Usually sales managers are who I finally end up dealing with and having phone conversations.

Your agenda is to make as much money as you can for yourself and the dealership. That's only reason you have don't like my posts regarding 2 local dealerships near you beating your prices. That's the reason you're on this forum, to line your pockets. You're not an enthusiast.

Correct we aren't getting a CTR due to the styling... Wing, red seats, red accents, faux vents. Was going to remove wing, red exterior stripes, do seat covers, wheels/tires. Too much fuss for a daily driver. We'll be going another route for a fun daily

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for all the laughs. I feel like your just trolling at this point. If you ever change your mind on getting a CTR, let me know, I'd be happy to help you out. :)
Valley quote at invoice... giving me another $400 off via phone conversations
Vin matches quote
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=536977058&zip=15085&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=15085&city=Trafford&incremental=all&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&listingTypes=NEW&sortBy=derivedpriceASC&state=PA&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=include&searchRadius=100&trimCodeList=CIVIC%7CType+R&isNewSearch=false&listingTypes=NEW&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=100&makeCode1=HONDA&modelCode1=CIVIC&digitalRetail=true&clickType=listing
56C03rw.jpg

Mentor quote at invoice:
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=534927316&zip=15085&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=15085&listingTypes=NEW&sortBy=distanceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=include&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=200&trimCodeList=CIVIC%7CType+R&isNewSearch=false&listingTypes=NEW&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=HONDA&modelCode1=CIVIC&digitalRetail=true&clickType=listing
AWNPgir.jpg

Washington's quote to me, not at invoice
Car was advertised at roughly $34,6xx mid January when I was talking with them though
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=541287126&zip=15085&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=15085&listingTypes=NEW&sortBy=distanceASC&incremental=all&firstRecord=0&marketExtension=include&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=200&trimCodeList=CIVIC%7CType+R&isNewSearch=false&listingTypes=NEW&numRecords=25&firstRecord=0&modelCodeList=CIVIC&makeCodeList=HONDA&searchRadius=200&makeCode1=HONDA&modelCode1=CIVIC&clickType=listing
vC1FBf7.png
Sponsored