Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
All I want is a Type R at MSRP in CA. I don't want to fucking travel out of state. If any dealers are out there willing to work with me, and ALSO sell my wife a new CRV, hit me up lol. I'll buy 2 cars together.
Sponsored

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
All I want is a Type R at MSRP in CA. I don't want to fucking travel out of state. If any dealers are out there willing to work with me, and ALSO sell my wife a new CRV, hit me up lol. I'll buy 2 cars together.
Pulled this from NorcalR on the Nice List thread;

Honda world Downey la Adam
1-909-499-6061 msrp black need sold by sat hope it helps

spyder93090

I'm here to kick names and take ass.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Type R #20034
Country flag
Thank for the details. You probably picked up the PMM I saw there back in September. Congrats!

Yeah, I think I might do the OTD price tactic. I think it’s approximately $38.7k OTD if I was to pay MSRP. I believe they would charge me San Diego county tax rate plus whatever CA DMV license and fees. I don’t want to offer above $40k OTD, so if they are including an alarm system, I might consider as high as $39.5k.

Also, I just went to DCH Mission Valley here in San Diego to inquire about the CBP they’ve had for a few weeks. They were adding a $600 protection package and $10,000 market adjustment, $46k. Asked the salesman that approached if that adjustment was negotiable, and he stated they would likely do $3k over, but definitely not MSRP. I reacted surprised stating “I heard they sold the CW last week at MSRP.” He then replied “Oh no, I think he paid at least $1k over.” I didn’t even reply, but thought to myself, I thought he said $3k over. I left and sent an e-mail to the Internet Sales Managet, Travis Triggs and he replied an hour later stating they now had a bid process on their Type R’s. I replied stating MSRP is my bid and let me know if he wants to work with me. Otherwise, I’m up in Cerritos this weekend and they’ve got 4 CBPs on their lot.

We’ll see what happens with both.
Yeah, jgoods90 got his for $1k over for a WHITE. This is CBP, the most unwanted color there is.

I can put you in contact for a CBP WITH add-ons (I think) at MSRP.

Norm Reeves Cerritos has four CBP, one ABM, one CW, and one PMM on the lot and they started at 13 a couple weeks ago so they are starting to move them.

CalBeaRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 ROP Honda Civic Si, 2020 CBP Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah, jgoods90 got his for $1k over for a WHITE. This is CBP, the most unwanted color there is.

I can put you in contact for a CBP WITH add-ons (I think) at MSRP.

Norm Reeves Cerritos has four CBP, one ABM, one CW, and one PMM on the lot and they started at 13 a couple weeks ago so they are starting to move them.
Thanks spyder!

Yeah even though CBP is the most unwanted, it's the color I want. I know it'll be a pain to take care of, but some of the pics of it clean look great. When I bought my 09 ROP Si 10 years, I was wavering between that and the CBP. I loved my ROP becasue it was an Si only color and it was unique, but the CBP also dod look nice (those were the two I was choosing between back then). And the pics of the CBP CTRs on here, clay barred and cleaned look great. Also, I'm hoping the CBP being the least popular will help me in negotiations. And I've been following those CBPs sitting in Norm Reeves' Cerritos lot, the older two going on 60 days next week, with two more CBPs afer that. I mean, from what I've seen on this forum, the 2019s are supposedly hitting the east coast later this month.

Back to the thread topic, here's more from my back and forth with DCH MV experience from yesterday. About 2hrs after I sent my MSRP bid to Travis Triggs (Internet Sales Mgr at DCH MV) I receive a reply from Tanya Charles, Internet Director, saying "Thank you for your bid at MSRP, however our bid is currently at $2,500 over MSRP as selling price and this is a very limited production vehicle and in high demand." I was amused by her response knowings jgoods got his for $1k over and simply replied, "Thanks for your reply. If you change your mind, you know what I'm offering. Travis knows where to reach me." We'll see if I hear from them if the CBP sits. If someone pay $2,500 over, thay can have it.

I'd rather go to Cerritos like Fk8_Dang did. At least he got an upgraded alarm (and I assume the other add-ons you mentioned) from Norm Reeves for his CW. I've got a salesmans' card from Cerritos, Ibrahim Bendary, but if you have a contact you think might be better or higher up the chain, please let me know. You can msg me if you don't want to put your guy's name on here. I could care less about protecting these salespeople's names. I wonder how quickly LA Honda World Downey will sell their CBP, with the tip NorCalR shared today. I am up in the LA are this weekend and will let you know how my hunt goes.

Just a question, have you been down to Penske Chula Vista? Any idea what they are asking, any add-ons, etc.? Using the same tactics and lines as most other dealers, I'm guessing.

spyder93090

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alright guys, been hard keeping this from you guys, I finally "surprised" jgoods90 today by pulling up to his house in my CW CTR. We've been talking since he got his and he had no idea I ended up getting the R earlier this week.

Anyways, I took home a 2018 CW (#20034) on Thursday with 7 miles on it from Norm Reeves Honda Superstore - Cerritos (SoCal) for $37k flat ($1405 over MSRP) after a little bit of negotiating ($40,495 OTD).

Add-ons:
Wheel Locks
Trunk Tray
Body Side Moldings
Diamond Fusion (windshield protector) x3 years warranty
Paint & Fabric Protection x5 years warranty
No trade-ins

Would've much rather made out for $1k over and no add-ons like jgoods90 did but I just took it considering the 2019s and their $1k price bump are coming in soon.

I made a whole spreadsheet tracking all the CTRs in SoCal so I'll be sharing that soon to help everybody else get on board. The next best offer was a CW with no add-ons for $1500 over which I passed on (luckily) and a CBP with some add-ons for MSRP that I also passed on (didn't want CBP). Sorry to my SoCal fam for not holding out for MSRP but we gotta whittle away slowly at the ADM, especially on these white ones. When I arrived, they had x4 CBPs, another CW, one PMM, and one ABM so I think they'll budge a little if you come in aggressively with what the market is doing.

FWIW I got 3.29% APR through NFCU with a >800 credit score. Also, the max down payment you can pay with a credit card is $5k which proved to be a headache.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help especially jgoods90 who really got me pumped to pull the trigger on this depreciating asset. We're both in San Diego literally like 4 miles from each other so lmk if anybody wants to meet up!

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. IMG_0353

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. IMG_0356

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. IMG_0357

McLovin23

First Name
Jenzen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 s2000 2018 accord sport 1998 gsr
Country flag
I got my red type r yesterday at lodi honda. They wanted a 10k mark up and i got it down to 1800 mark up.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
JUST FYI people are claiming under MSRP sales on the MSRP or under thread. So if your still looking pop over there and hit some of the places they are posting.

jgoods90

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR, 2007 GPW S2000 (sold)
Country flag
Alright guys, been hard keeping this from you guys, I finally "surprised" jgoods90 today by pulling up to his house in my CW CTR. We've been talking since he got his and he had no idea I ended up getting the R earlier this week.

Anyways, I took home a 2018 CW (#20034) on Thursday with 7 miles on it from Norm Reeves Honda Superstore - Cerritos (SoCal) for $37k flat ($1405 over MSRP) after a little bit of negotiating ($40,495 OTD).

Add-ons:
Wheel Locks
Trunk Tray
Body Side Moldings
Diamond Fusion (windshield protector) x3 years warranty
Paint & Fabric Protection x5 years warranty
No trade-ins

Would've much rather made out for $1k over and no add-ons like jgoods90 did but I just took it considering the 2019s and their $1k price bump are coming in soon.

I made a whole spreadsheet tracking all the CTRs in SoCal so I'll be sharing that soon to help everybody else get on board. The next best offer was a CW with no add-ons for $1500 over which I passed on (luckily) and a CBP with some add-ons for MSRP that I also passed on (didn't want CBP). Sorry to my SoCal fam for not holding out for MSRP but we gotta whittle away slowly at the ADM, especially on these white ones. When I arrived, they had x4 CBPs, another CW, one PMM, and one ABM so I think they'll budge a little if you come in aggressively with what the market is doing.

FWIW I got 3.29% APR through NFCU with a >800 credit score. Also, the max down payment you can pay with a credit card is $5k which proved to be a headache.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their help especially jgoods90 who really got me pumped to pull the trigger on this depreciating asset. We're both in San Diego literally like 4 miles from each other so lmk if anybody wants to meet up!

IMG_0353.jpeg

IMG_0356.jpeg

IMG_0357.jpeg
Awesome and pleasant surprise seeing the new R!!! Congrats on your new ride. Lets get some forum members together to go for a ride in SD!

PS. that pic of all those black Type R's is crazy!!

Silenthillnight

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I've been shopping around the dealerships in the bay area today since I noticed that many of them have the '19 model in transit. Of the ones who have given me quotes so far, all of them are above MSRP by a good amount. I'm trying to get them down but it's tough since by their claim, they've never not sold a Type R with a large mark-up. Here are the ones I have gotten quotes so far.

• Ocean Honda of Burlingame - $40,998 - CW
  • Winter Honda of Pittsburg - $45,595 - PMM
  • Dublin Honda - $42,595 - ABM

CTR_TCB

First Name
Huey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
Country flag
I've been shopping around the dealerships in the bay area today since I noticed that many of them have the '19 model in transit. Of the ones who have given me quotes so far, all of them are above MSRP by a good amount. I'm trying to get them down but it's tough since by their claim, they've never not sold a Type R with a large mark-up. Here are the ones I have gotten quotes so far.

• Ocean Honda of Burlingame - $40,998 - CW
  • Winter Honda of Pittsburg - $45,595 - PMM
  • Dublin Honda - $42,595 - ABM
Did you see spyder93090 post for his deal at Norm Reeves Cerritos? PM me if you need a contact there.

tom_volvo850

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Give Eduardo a "Thank You" and tell him you found one at MSRP in Arizona. 11 CTR's on the lot in Cerritos means people have stopped buying them at the rate they were selling before and with the 19's coming there is no need to rush. Cerritos is right smack in the middle of the import scene. ...
Please tell me where does the place sell on MSRP

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
Fayetteville NC Bryon Honda or something like that is charging 5K markup on their red FK8 MY2019... when I asked why they are still charging markup on a car when other dealers in the area are not they said they contacted other dealerships nd that they all were charging markups... when I said so because other dealers are robbing people then I should be ok with being robbed to... they had no response :/

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Fayetteville NC Bryon Honda or something like that is charging 5K markup on their red FK8 MY2019... when I asked why they are still charging markup on a car when other dealers in the area are not they said they contacted other dealerships nd that they all were charging markups... when I said so because other dealers are robbing people then I should be ok with being robbed to... they had no response :/
Yeah I could see them not having a response. Better way to handle would show them the dealers that aren't charging markup. In NC there are pleanty, but to name two I have dealt with are the Honda dealers in the Flow brand that represents many areas in NC and as well Autopark Honda who from my understanding has always sold or at least for a long time MSRP. Autopark has a long waitlist from what I hear, but the Flow dealers I have spoke with all say they don't do a waitlist and first come first serve so I would imagine if you got in with a salesperson they could give you some details on arrival and help close a deal. haha

Vanct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 CTR #20802, GE8 FIT
Country flag
Reporting on Dallas-Ft. Worth area, it's still currently MSRP + 5K ADM. McDavid Honda in Irving initially marked 2 of them at $50K but backtracked and hid the prices on Cargurus. There are a total of 13 available, the oldest gathering dust for almost 3 months now.

My guess is a lot of new money that came into the area has kept prices inflated. But now they aren't moving any more. The well has dried up but the dealers continue to dig deeper looking to strike oil (as we do in Texas).

Also, avoid Honda of Ft. Worth. I was asking if theirs was available at MSRP and instead they started pushing sales pricing info for an SI, maybe assuming I couldn't afford a Type R? Keep digging.

spyder93090

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Paul from Honda of Escondido (SoCal) cold-called me today regarding an incoming 2019 CW in December that he's trying to pre-sell me at "MSRP, no markup", BUT has accessories installed "from the factory" (he doesn't know I already bought one but I still stay on these lists for you guys/entertainment).

Asking for $45k OTD which is equivalent to $5071 ADM (after TTL) for 3M paint protection, fabric protection, a trunk tray, and LoJack security system.

Tried to tell me that these were installed from the factory. Also, tried to persuade me that this was a 2019 and not a 2018 which I kindly informed him of all of the four miniscule changes to the 2019 for the $1k price increase.
Sponsored