Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Rock Honda just got 3 Type R's in. Didn't want to give me the price over e-mail.
Sponsored

diverjames

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I've just checked Norm Reeves Irvine. Guys, stop wasting your time to show up in the store (I'm just 10 mins drive away so I dont mind going to drop some shit in their toilet)
They are asking for at least 50k+ (from the store manager).

And I just stand up and go. I've got multiple calls from different dealerships for the car. I think the lowest I have right now is 42k and it's a black one. Hope this help saving your time.

Happy hunting!

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
I've just checked Norm Reeves Irvine. Guys, stop wasting your time to show up in the store (I'm just 10 mins drive away so I dont mind going to drop some shit in their toilet)
They are asking for at least 50k+ (from the store manager).

And I just stand up and go. I've got multiple calls from different dealerships for the car. I think the lowest I have right now is 42k and it's a black one. Hope this help saving your time.

Happy hunting!
I stopped calling dealers, I don't answer the phone if they call. They can pound sand.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
They want 15k over.
Basically they said they are tired of all the "kids" who can't afford the car and just started working at Mcdonald's calling, so they just say $15k on the phone but can negotiate the price if you go to the dealer.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Basically they said they are tired of all the "kids" who can't afford the car and just started working at Mcdonald's calling, so they just say $15k on the phone but can negotiate the price if you go to the dealer.
Boo fucking hoo! If you're a dealer you better start taking those calls and not give them attitude because there are people that you think don't have money/can't afford the car, and they are some of the people with real money to spend. I've seen it all over 15 years of working with car sales people. Some people come in looking like shit but they have millions.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Boo fucking hoo! If you're a dealer you better start taking those calls and not give them attitude because there are people that you think don't have money/can't afford the car, and they are some of the people with real money to spend. I've seen it all over 15 years of working with car sales people. Some people come in looking like shit but they have millions.
These guys sell Hondas. They're not used to dealing with people that can buy whatever they want and it shows in their lack of professionalism. The level of condescension half these guys have displayed toward my inquiries blows my mind. My work typically sells a product to millionaires so I get the misguided tendency to want to blow off the typical Civic owner, but you are absolutely right; I don't care if someone only drives a Civic or less, they're still a potential customer, today or tomorrow, and they should be treated accordingly. These guys seem to be doing their damnedest to make sure I will never buy from them ever.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
One of the norm reeves told me they only sell to returning customer, they think CTR is a limited edition Ferrari.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Lol dude I spoke to at Norm Reeves out in SoCal a couple months back randomly called me yesterday and asked if I was still interested in a Type R. Said they just got one in and it was being prepped. I said "Sure, for MSRP". Guy was like, "Ahhhh last one we sold was $10K over" and I said "that's too bad. I want MSRP." He then said ok thank you, and right as I was hanging up, he asked me if I would pay $3K over. I said nope, MSRP. He then told me that if anything changed me he would call me back. Foh with that $10K bullshit.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Lol dude I spoke to at Norm Reeves out in SoCal a couple months back randomly called me yesterday and asked if I was still interested in a Type R. Said they just got one in and it was being prepped. I said "Sure, for MSRP". Guy was like, "Ahhhh last one we sold was $10K over" and I said "that's too bad. I want MSRP." He then said ok thank you, and right as I was hanging up, he asked me if I would pay $3K over. I said nope, MSRP. He then told me that if anything changed me he would call me back. Foh with that $10K bullshit.
3 over that's not too bad. But it could mean 3k over plus 7k add-on.

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Goudy Honda in Alhambra has 2 type r's in stock. Supposedly they are not for sale and are taking bids lol. The sales guy asked me what my bid was, before letting him known my bid, I asked him what is the current bid. He told me it's 45k. Lol in that case I don't know why that stupid dealership is still taking bids. 45k plus tax, license and fees is as good as it's going to get. The stupid sales guy or general manager from Goudy Honda of Alhambra should just call the customer back that is offering 45k and sell them the car asap.

Culver city Honda has 2 type r's in stock and apparently they don't give out prices over the phone and want people to come in before discussing the pricing. That's another piece of shit dealership and I really don't have time like that to waste lol.

I also think a lot of dealerships that are not able to get the 10-15k adm are selling their type r's to leasing companies. I think that's what might have happened to the white and gray from New Century Honda and the gray and blue from Norm Reeves of West Covina. Both those dealerships sold both their type r's on the same day.

Last edited:

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
These guys sell Hondas. They're not used to dealing with people that can buy whatever they want and it shows in their lack of professionalism. The level of condescension half these guys have displayed toward my inquiries blows my mind. My work typically sells a product to millionaires so I get the misguided tendency to want to blow off the typical Civic owner, but you are absolutely right; I don't care if someone only drives a Civic or less, they're still a potential customer, today or tomorrow, and they should be treated accordingly. These guys seem to be doing their damnedest to make sure I will never buy from them ever.

Wait till Kia dealers get Stinger GT's lol. Salesman that usually deal with people with sub-600 credit and live paycheck to paycheck suddenly selling an actually reasonable touring car. THey are gonna have no idea what to do when a person with actual stability calls up or walks in to get a car with a 300-500/mo payment.