Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

S2k_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Maybe an area Houston dealer will finally remove their ADM to get rid of their CTR before it get's flood damaged, if it's not already.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe an area Houston dealer will finally remove their ADM to get rid of their CTR before it get's flood damaged, if it's not already.
Gonna be lots of flood damaged cars on the market in 6 months... and lots of people will have no clue. All the tote the note lot inventories are about to have lots of nice cars with unmentioned flood damage

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag

Took it. Also a little update. It's actually $429, vin etching 229+ 199 labor. They agreed for switching to 5 year nationwide wheels and protection with OE replacement. Knowing that 1 tire =~$300, wheel =~700, 1 bent wheel will pay for itself. Since the vin etching already on the car they had to throw it in for free.

lbiaggi

First Name
Light
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Honda Prelude SI
Took it. Also a little update. It's actually $429, vin etching 229+ 199 labor. They agreed for switching to 5 year nationwide wheels and protection with OE replacement. Knowing that 1 tire =~$300, wheel =~700, 1 bent wheel will pay for itself. Since the vin etching already on the car they had to throw it in for free.
congrats!! what is the plaque number?

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Even I would have taken that deal. If you hadn't, I would have questioned why lol.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Congrats, bud!

I was going to comment earlier: Just buy the darn thing for $200 "too much" and charge passengers for a few joy rides and call it a day. :)

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Congrats! Happy for you! Long live MSRP!

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
Lucky sob!!! Congrats, MSRP ftw.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did some searching again today, and Galpin in SoCal has I think 3 on the lot which they have had for about a month, and another 2-3 in transit if I remember correctly.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cars are starting to sit on lots because dealerships won't budge on prices. My local dealer where my wife and I got her HRV this weekend are asking 47K for both a white and black one. They will not budge on the price. My friend said they have had 5K over MSRP offers come in and have turned them down.

beldredge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango R/T, PMM Type R #3527
@erbee - congrats! That's a great deal!

I passed on the wheel/tire coverage but wonder if I should have sprung for it (maybe I still can). One of the detractors for me (on the policy I was presented with anyway) was a maximum payout of $2,500. So you may want to check on that. I was offered the coverage for $690, so of course if you end up receiving $2,500 in benefits it will have been well worth it, but I just figured I'd take my chances.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cars are starting to sit on lots because dealerships won't budge on prices. My local dealer where my wife and I got her HRV this weekend are asking 47K for both a white and black one. They will not budge on the price. My friend said they have had 5K over MSRP offers come in and have turned them down.

You can have mine for 3 over xD. I can redirect the driver to you lol.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@erbee - congrats! That's a great deal!

I passed on the wheel/tire coverage but wonder if I should have sprung for it (maybe I still can). One of the detractors for me (on the policy I was presented with anyway) was a maximum payout of $2,500. So you may want to check on that. I was offered the coverage for $690, so of course if you end up receiving $2,500 in benefits it will have been well worth it, but I just figured I'd take my chances.
I think the dealer just had to charge 429 for something, anything. I'm waiting on them to send me the full terms right now.

I plan on punch the tire when I'm ready to get a new set of 18s. And sell the wheels with new tires .
Sponsored