Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Jack O' Diamonds Honda in Tyler, Texas is about to get their second, black Type R. I'm anxious to see how they handle this one considering what happened with their first one.

Dealer holding Type R hostage

If they let it go for MSRP as well, I'd consider taking it home, but that's pretty unlikely to happen.
Sponsored

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Jack O' Diamonds Honda in Tyler, Texas is about to get their second, black Type R. I'm anxious to see how they handle this one considering what happened with their first one.

Dealer holding Type R hostage

If they let it go for MSRP as well, I'd consider taking it home, but that's pretty unlikely to happen.
Bring that first type R lady with you. They will shutup right away

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
My other choice is a STI so thats why i'm willing to go up to 40 since if I was going to get the STI it would cost me around that price.
Atleast your being realistic about the ADM your willing to pay due to demographics and population. California cost of living is one of the highest in the nation.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Atleast your being realistic about the ADM your willing to pay due to demographics and population. California cost of living is one of the highest in the nation.
it is off the hook!!! I have a buddy that mentioned about 100 families moving into Austin, TX everyday, and a lot are from CA...I agree that it is what is for where we live.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Acura ILX A-Spec and looking for a Civic Type-R
Country flag
Very true, but California doesn't have the demographic of Civics that cost $50K+. Housing is completely different.

For example, a PS4 in California will cost the same as a PS4 in Ohio. Only difference is the taxes, which in California, are higher. Demographic shouldn't change the cost of the car. But sadly, people in California like to overpay for many things.

OldPirate

Old Pirate
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Hyundia something like that....
Anyone paying too much ADM is likely to have their picture taken for the Sucker on the wall room for throwing darts. Please wait and keep looking for a MSRP dealer and get your CTR there and also with that savings you get to buy cool mods for it.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There's a dude I saw in a Facebook Type R group with a new Type R, living in a shack with literally a shed garage for the car lol.

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda of Mentor just called. They either have a black or one is coming in. They're asking 39,500

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Theres a lot more people in California compared to other states. That's why they can charge these high ADM's. If you don't buy it then someone else will. But averaging 15k is to much for this type of car. Eventually it will average 5k ADM. but California will never be a MSRP state for this car.
Very true, but California doesn't have the demographic of Civics that cost $50K+. Housing is completely different.

For example, a PS4 in California will cost the same as a PS4 in Ohio. Only difference is the taxes, which in California, are higher. Demographic shouldn't change the cost of the car. But sadly, people in California like to overpay for many things.

SpraykwoN

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just got off the phone with another dealer that I called. They have a CW coming in. Wanted $10K over MSRP, talked them down to $7,500 over MSRP, said he can probably do $5K over MSRP and asked if I would be willing to do that. I said I need closer to MSRP and I would be willing to buy an HRV as well. Gonna call me back in 30 minutes. Curious what he is gonna come back with.
Sponsored