Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

OP
OP
erbee

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Nah I wouldn't do that. It's just an e46 m3 with a weak subframe
Lucky for me. 2004 already fixed that alone with smg problems. Rocking with supercharger and 133k miles now. Original clutch and everything. First few model year always are problematic. Good luck with burning oil first year 2.0T .

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
Lucky for me. 2004 already fixed that alone with smg problems. Rocking with supercharger and 133k miles now. Original clutch and everything. First few model year always are problematic. Good luck with burning oil first year 2.0T .
Hahahahahahaha

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
that really sucks. sorry to hear that. i guess they plan to draw people in with the R, but sell the si. strange though, since nobody serious about the R is even considering the si
I can't wait to go to all 7+ of the dealers I've been in conversations with about getting the R and have them try to sell me a Si just so I can laugh and tell the exactly why I don't want the Si!

canadasiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Wow, what a way to treat a customer who had already left a deposit!:bonk: Plus they want 25K ADM :crazy: :lol: :rofl:
I would steer so clear of that stealership !! :flame:
I 100% agree that 25k ...or even 10k...or even 5k...or even 2.5k adm is utterly ridiculous and I have never once paid full retail for a new car (11 new cars since 98)...

BUT...and this is not flame bait ...the reality is we live in a free market economy where supply and demand dictate price...economics 101

It doesn't matter whether it is a Type R, Golf R, Shelby, etc etc....dealers do get their adm's on hot models.

I don't think anybody here who was selling any widget would be upset if they were able to get more money for it.

Sure, the adm is ethically wrong but business is business and profit is the reason these companies exist.

As for the 25k markup, that is ludicrous....period

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I just talked to the internet sales guy at a dealer in MD. He said I'd be 2nd on the list if I sent in a $1000 deposit now... and that he'd sell it at MSRP! I was like awesome...except you'll probably only get 1 car. I decided not to tie up the $1000 just yet. He's trying to get some other info out of his sales manager, so we'll see!

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
I just talked to the internet sales guy at a dealer in MD. He said I'd be 2nd on the list if I sent in a $1000 deposit now... and that he'd sell it at MSRP! I was like awesome...except you'll probably only get 1 car. I decided not to tie up the $1000 just yet. He's trying to get some other info out of his sales manager, so we'll see!
LOL! Good move on now rushing on handing that deposit until they confirm they're getting more than one. At this point, having a list is pointless.

RosevilleSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Folsom Lake Honda (Folsom, CA) told me MSRP is ?, but ADM of $9995 is likely to be added. They're getting 2; unknown color.

The hunt begins. If anyone in NorCal, or Reno can pass me an MSRP contact, I'm ready to deal.

Judd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Coupe, Type R
Folsom Lake Honda (Folsom, CA) told me MSRP is ?, but ADM of $9995 is likely to be added. They're getting 2; unknown color.

The hunt begins. If anyone in NorCal, or Reno can pass me an MSRP contact, I'm ready to deal.
A 10k ADM is crazy, I'm signed under MSRP (probably due to long time business with my dealer). I would continue to search, not all dealers are putting that high of mark ups.

RosevilleSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
A 10k ADM is crazy, I'm signed under MSRP (probably due to long time business with my dealer). I would continue to search, not all dealers are putting that high of mark ups.
Bought my last car with them and serviced with them for 5yrs lol. Work across the street and praise them constantly. Loyalty be damned

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They sent me this today.

IMG_1481.PNG
Paint Protectant AND Auto Butler?
$100 for Nitrogen? WOW
Only worthwhile thing to me is wheel locks.
Sponsored