Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Fenrir07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda 3
Country flag
The car market right now is just bonkers. Hopefully things stabilize by this time next year but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Sponsored

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
David McDavid Honda in Frisco / Plano has a new 2021 R in boost blue. They have an add on sticker to the normal sticker that list "market adjustment" $15,000. They want just over $55k for this one 0_0... Hell, the 2021 Sport Hatch in their showroom is even marked up a decent amount, nearly $26k that's not even a Sport Touring.

-R
I feel that if you want a good deal in TX - you need to go outside of the state. And in particular the DFW area is bonkers. I mean once you hit a certain price point - you can get a better vehicle than getting a CTR with the added ADM. Everything is in 'levels' - and the CTR is nicely priced at $40k and a good deal for that price for everything you get - but once you go past $50k - it opens up a wide amount of other cars - especially once you start looking at 'slightly' used.

CTR-25380

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 1995 Ford F150, 2017 Ford Exped
Country flag
Pohanka Honda in Salisbury MD has 2 CTR's
1. LE @20k over sticker
2. 2021 Sonic Grey @ 10,780 over sticker
Definitely on the naughty list.
I bought my '19 CTR #25,380 from them and have had trouble with the service department and sales. Will not buy from them again.

Fenrir07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda 3
Country flag
Preston Honda in New Castle, PA has a Sonic Gray Type R.
They want $10k over. It's been sitting there for nearly 4 months now I think. Tried talking to them a few times asking for MSRP but no dice.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Pohanka Honda in Salisbury MD has 2 CTR's
1. LE @20k over sticker
2. 2021 Sonic Grey @ 10,780 over sticker
Definitely on the naughty list.
I bought my '19 CTR #25,380 from them and have had trouble with the service department and sales. Will not buy from them again.
I agree! Pohanka has been on the naughty list from the beginning. I will boycott Pohanka always! Even when my wife needs a new Accord and prices start to level out.

Deleted member 51112

Mathews Honda in Marion, OH. trying to get 5k over MSRP for their boost blue '21 R. Its been there for a few weeks now...salesman told me 2 weeks ago they expected it to sell immediately, LOL on that. I told him maybe so, there are a lot of dumb suckers flush with cash these days...his friendliness level dropped like a rock after I said that to him.

kev503

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR, 21 Outback XT
Country flag
Pretty much all dealers in Oregon/SW Washington:

Bend Honda - $7k over
Tonkin Gresham Honda- 15k
Dick Hannah Honda Vancouver, Wilsonville Honda, Kendall Honda Eugene, Price Honda McMinnville - 10k
Honda World Coos Bay - 5k
Stirling Honda Longview- 6k

I gave up looking for one here on the west coast.

cgarrett23

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Pretty much all dealers in Oregon/SW Washington:

Bend Honda - $7k over
Tonkin Gresham Honda- 15k
Dick Hannah Honda Vancouver, Wilsonville Honda, Kendall Honda Eugene, Price Honda McMinnville - 10k
Honda World Coos Bay - 5k
Stirling Honda Longview- 6k

I gave up looking for one here on the west coast.
I hear ya man. I live in Vancouver, went through the same thing. Ended up buying my '21 in Little Rock, Arkansas.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I told him maybe so, there are a lot of dumb suckers flush with cash these days...his friendliness level dropped like a rock after I said that to him.
To be fair, this is true for most cars right now. I want a decent example 100 series land cruiser and essentially gave up until all this passes with the prices people are asking.

Hell, I went to look at a 3rd gen 4runner to have as a beater for the time being and the seller was throwing words like "classic" and "collector" out trying to justify the insane price......I looked around to see if I was on some prank TV show or something.

Everyone has car fever right now. Anything remotely desireable, even a rusted out Toyota truck, is being listed for stupid money. The R is, no suprise, right up there on planet crazy.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Well, it seems there are CTR's arriving on a daily basis now. One dealer has 7 sitting on the lot. I sent an inquiry, let's see what they say.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
It's Hardin Honda
Please let us know the results you get. Hardin is in the middle of the OC and really curious to see what kind of prices they are asking.
Sponsored