Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R 2020 Toyota Supra
Country flag
Some rep named Kris from a dealer in IL called me about a boost blue one, for the low price of $59,995 cuz apparently it’s rare cuz it’s the only one there !!
LMFAO.. I was like , Lady get real !!

drowned12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Accord
Country flag
I've been following this thread since the beginning, just checking in periodically to see if anything has changed. It's always good entertainment reading dealers asking AMG money for a Civic. You'd think they had stuffed the 3.0T engine and AWD in it to justify that but nope...it's a short Accord with stiffer suspension.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I've been following this thread since the beginning, just checking in periodically to see if anything has changed. It's always good entertainment reading dealers asking AMG money for a Civic. You'd think they had stuffed the 3.0T engine and AWD in it to justify that but nope...it's a short Accord with stiffer suspension.
and people pay it hence why we cant get these prices down.

Tiitime

First Name
TT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Country flag
There was a boost blue in San Francisco Honda sitting for a week. Last I checked they sold it for 10k over? Not sure if it was true or not but yeah…

Manatee Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si; Toyota Avalon Hybrid
Country flag
I hope that there are enough people on this site that will FULLY remember the POS dealers that are attempting to gouge the beegeebers out of their customers. This temporary condition will end in terms of the chip shortage and I hope that some of the Florida dealerships like Classic Honda in Orlando suck big goose eggs when this opportunistic situation abates. I understand supply/demand but these unconscionable a..holes are loading people into boats that many cannot afford and couldn't give a tinker's damn if they ruin some sucker's credit rating for at least 7 years. They should be ashamed of themselves and hopefully there are enough intelligent buyers that will boycott dealers who are price gouging like vendors who price gouge after a catastrophic weather event.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I hope that there are enough people on this site that will FULLY remember the POS dealers that are attempting to gouge the beegeebers out of their customers. This temporary condition will end in terms of the chip shortage and I hope that some of the Florida dealerships like Classic Honda in Orlando suck big goose eggs when this opportunistic situation abates. I understand supply/demand but these unconscionable a..holes are loading people into boats that many cannot afford and couldn't give a tinker's damn if they ruin some sucker's credit rating for at least 7 years. They should be ashamed of themselves and hopefully there are enough intelligent buyers that will boycott dealers who are price gouging like vendors who price gouge after a catastrophic weather event.
This has been going on wrt the CTR since it was introduced. Simple, just don’t buy one or any car (boats? What are we talking about here...) from those dealers. Its on the buyer, including assumption of debt for things we don’t need.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Wow Greed will eb the downfall of humanity one day. Right now its not but one day....

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Wow Greed will eb the downfall of humanity one day. Right now its not but one day....
Unfortunately, greed is a part of the human condition, obviously to varying degrees among different people. But in properly functioning free market capitalism, there is a counterbalance, much like how there is when Wall Street banks are reckless and they should fail (oh wait, that didn't happen, because you know, political connections and corporatism led to bailouts and big bonuses). If the remaining CTRs won't sell, the dealers will be forced to lower the prices. If every CTR was sold at MSRP, there might be none left at this point or every one of them may be snatched up before they even hit the lot. So in a way, this "price discovery" takes care of and mitigates potential "shortages". The fact that it still sells at a higher price means the market can bear it. Obviously I don't like it either, but that's the reality of the situation.

Tiitime

First Name
TT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Country flag
People are paying the $5 to $10k mark up here in Northern California… so if people are paying, why lower. They don’t sit for that long too. 1-2 weeks at most.
Sponsored