Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Add sunny side Honda from Cleveland to this list big time.
They want $70k for their LE & plan on RAISING the price once all the other LE’s are sold! Totally greedy GM & business model… don’t buy ANY car from these scumbags….this is the worst.
Sponsored

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Add sunny side Honda from Cleveland to this list big time.
They want $70k for their LE & plan on RAISING the price once all the other LE’s are sold! Totally greedy GM & business model… don’t buy ANY car from these scumbags….this is the worst.
insane...South Florida dealers with non-negotiable mark up like that are still sitting on badge 0xx, they're not going anywhere with a $70k+ price tag except staying right where they're at on the dealer lot

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Unfortunately, the shitty thing is that dealer's are probably ok with this situation. When customers walk into the showroom, they see Honda's halo car on display, looks nice, probably not gonna hurt sales of their other models, draw people into the showroom, etc. From their point of view, if it sells at 70k or 80k then great, otherwise in the meantime, it's a nice display model, and later on if they really need to get rid of them, the price will come down but they're probably not in a rush to sell it right now since it serves as a nice showroom piece. Win-win for them, in their eyes. The LE at my local dealer has been at 70k OBO since last October-ish and they haven't budged.

Last edited:

GhostRider13506

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Shameful, I bought mine from them at sticker 18 months ago
I have same year and color and I didn't pay that at all, also stay away from Gillman Honda in Houston they are telling people they have Type R's letting you test drive them, you go out there they let you test drive the car then the sticker price is 65K cause its a "rare car"

Manatee Bob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si; Toyota Avalon Hybrid
Country flag
Classic Honda of Orlando will not be on my Christmas card list this year or any other year. They want $49285 plus taxes and fees for the Championship White and $64990 plus taxes and fees for the Limited Edition. The sales manager advised that those prices are firm. Their "fees" are an additional $1100-1200 so they want over $11k for the CTR. Meh!

Oongie

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 STI and 2003 RSX Type-s
Country flag
Atamain Honda (MA): $14k ADM
Hall Honda (VA): +$10k ADM
Tenalfy (NJ): +$10k ADM
Rossi (NJ) - Say they are not selling and are taking offers..?

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
Actually, one of the first CTR owners on the Civicx forum bought a CW 2017 in the spring of 2017 from Coggin Honda Jacksonville, $10k ADM he paid (he said so in his post). That is par for the course at any Coggin dealer.
I remember that. I wonder if they still own it.

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R 2020 Toyota Supra
Country flag
What a shame .
I, like a Dodo paid 7k markup on my 2017 CW when it first came out. At the time I was ok with it because it was the first year and I wanted the car not needed it .
I look back and I’m like, what a silly move on my part.
Next year on my 2018 I was like I’m
Not paying mark up for it, guess what, silly me paid 3k over . I look at it now and I’m like yup that’s 10k down the drain.
I was gonna buy another R but I’m like, with these dealer markups nope, they’re not getting me again .
I was gonna get a LE but the dealer didn’t budge on their 5k markup , now I’m like , it was a steal I guess considering dealers want 70k and more.
Now I’m done with Honda , gonna get either a (BMW)Supra lol or a M2 comp since the R’s are heavily marked up .
SMH

bluebluemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Went looking for a CTR a couple weeks ago.
Add John Eagle Honda and Honda Cars of Katy (both Houston) to the list.
John Eagle sold an LE for 76K.
Honda Cars of Katy sold a BB for 50K.
Katy had a new BB coming in and told me 52K. Valued my 2019 Sport Sedan with 30k miles at 18K (very nice because that's only 2k less than what I paid OTD), after some negotiating I was able to bring the OTD price (including value of trade in) to 30K (not very nice). Meaning my car was finally worth 8K and they still added a hefty markup.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
I was gonna get a LE but the dealer didn’t budge on their 5k markup , now I’m like , it was a steal I guess considering dealers want 70k
Yea, extremely hard to find LE for $5k over…. Where was this?

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I know man. It was near Fontana Ca
Now I beat myself because it was such a steal I guess. 5k over and I didn’t want to pay it
It wasn't a steal, it's money down the toilet. You made the right call this third time.....not so much the previous two. Not to pick on you but all that wasted markup, only 2-3 years later, two Rs later, and you're already looking to move on to a BMW lol.

I can afford to take some of these ADM hits I read about on here yet no way in hell would I give some dealer a dollar over what I know others can get the car for. No one just gives me money, I won't return the favor with my hard earned cash.

Guys......don't fall for hype and give in to car fever. Wait it out and, new or used, you'll find something for a fair price. Hell, I spoke to some kid at a car show this past weekend who got his used for a steal pre-covid and is already looking for the next cool thing to replace it with......its how some people are wired. Many examples like that will pop up used when car prices cool down.
Sponsored