Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
LOL thats not how it works chief.....
It is if every customer you get in the door says they will only pay the MSRP and the car isnt moving. how long do you think they are going to want to keep that car on the lot? till 2022? That's not how it works because consumers like you are willing to pay WAY above suggested retail price.
Sponsored

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
did you put a deposit down?
I did not put a deposit down. I found one for MSRP that I was willing to flight out and drive home 300 miles. With Covid, I had no idea what the market was going to do, so it was an easy decision to take a short flight and drive the car home.

JPM42

First Name
Fernando Alonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic si
Country flag
I just secure a Boost Blue for $45,000 OTD... good deal or not. I had no options since they have more LE’s then anything else. Should be here in a week or two!

wildtaco

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I just secure a Boost Blue for $45,000 OTD... good deal or not. I had no options since they have more LE’s then anything else. Should be here in a week or two!
from St Louis dealer?

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
It is if every customer you get in the door says they will only pay the MSRP and the car isnt moving. how long do you think they are going to want to keep that car on the lot? till 2022? That's not how it works because consumers like you are willing to pay WAY above suggested retail price.
seeing how theres a worldwide vehicle shortage of inventory and KIA's are selling over msrp....good luck with it though lol esp. on a vehicle thats production has or is ending

chrisz5z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R - Boost Blue
Country flag
Looks good, what was the OTD price. Taxes fees and all included. Thanks
$39,289------Price
$395--------Boost Blue Paint
$250.25------Doc Fees
$750---------Wheel/Tire Warranty
$0-----------Trunk Cargo Tray
$0-----------Damaged Wheel (see below)
$2,034.21-----Taxes

$42,718.46----Total

The car came off the delivery truck with a scrape on the passenger side rear wheel. The dealership replaced the wheel & gave me the damaged one for free. I may put a tire on it and keep it as a spare, or possibly sell it.

the only damage is on the top right of the 1st pic

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. IMG_20210508_211303

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. IMG_20210508_211329

Everyone I interacted with at this dealership was awesome. Barker Honda, a small dealership in Houma, LA. This was the only Type R they were going to receive this year, and they didn't add any ADM. Will definitely send them some business where possible.

JPM42

First Name
Fernando Alonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic si
Country flag
Everyone I interacted with at this dealership was awesome. Barker Honda, a small dealership in Houma, LA. This was the only Type R they were going to receive this year, and they didn't add any ADM. Will definitely send them some business where possible.
IMO you got a pretty good deal. It feels so good to deal with a good dealer. It took me 15 minutes from the time I walk in the dealer to the time I gave my deposit. I knew what I was getting in to base on the market. Sales manager told me$2,5k over told hime to show me the numbers. Came back with $45k OTD. ??‍♂

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '23 Kona N, '09 335i
Country flag
Gwinnett Place Honda, Boost Blue...

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. gpripoff.JPG

Not giving in, but close to giving up.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
seeing how theres a worldwide vehicle shortage of inventory and KIA's are selling over msrp....good luck with it though lol esp. on a vehicle thats production has or is ending
I swear if people have patience and wait this out the Prices are going to fall. There is a threat of massive inflation A new car shouldn't be on anyone's mind right now.

Leave the Type-R forums buy a car with Cash and save until this ride is over.....the Type-R is coming back in 2022 it has already been confirmed. I bet when that hits everyone even dealers with brand new Type-R's on the lot will be pushing to get rid of them.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I swear if people have patience and wait this out the Prices are going to fall. There is a threat of massive inflation A new car shouldn't be on anyone's mind right now.

Leave the Type-R forums buy a car with Cash and save until this ride is over.....the Type-R is coming back in 2022 it has already been confirmed. I bet when that hits everyone even dealers with brand new Type-R's on the lot will be pushing to get rid of them.
This whole COVID thing shows you that logic doesn't really dictate people's behaviors. Huge unemployment, future uncertainty, etc and people are spending like crazy. My neighbors house sold in like a day for like $200K over asking lol like alot of the country, open houses around here have been packed since the beginning of COVID.

Some of this is due to policy, some due to inventory shortages, but its nuts.....happy to sit back for a while and watch everyone bid each other to debt ?

Absolutely love my CTR but could never justify paying a 5 figure markup on this car. I don't get the rush......its not rare enough to warrant panic. Personally, I would wait it out and either pick one up used down the road when things settle down or check out the new one. Hell, for the price of MSRP + some of these markups, even a manual-to-death guy like me would be checking out a used RCF or even stretching it to the new IS500 f sport when it comes out. Toyota V8 at that price makes sense, not a 4 popper.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I’m pretty sure I read recently that the type r isn’t coming in 2022 but will in 2023. 2022 is for the regular models.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
This whole COVID thing shows you that logic doesn't really dictate people's behaviors. Huge unemployment, future uncertainty, etc and people are spending like crazy. My neighbors house sold in like a day for like $200K over asking lol like alot of the country, open houses around here have been packed since the beginning of COVID.

Some of this is due to policy, some due to inventory shortages, but its nuts.....happy to sit back for a while and watch everyone bid each other to debt ?

Absolutely love my CTR but could never justify paying a 5 figure markup on this car. I don't get the rush......its not rare enough to warrant panic. Personally, I would wait it out and either pick one up used down the road when things settle down or check out the new one. Hell, for the price of MSRP + some of these markups, even a manual-to-death guy like me would be checking out a used RCF or even stretching it to the new IS500 f sport when it comes out. Toyota V8 at that price makes sense, not a 4 popper.

I agree. I believe it also depends on what market you're in. I heard others on here talking about how dealers in their area don't get many Type Rs in. Carvana sold out of every Type R they had near me. There isn't many for sale near me based upon my search on Carmax, Cars.com and Cargurus.
Sponsored