Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
No one on planet earth will pay $100K for that ? its just another dealer who got a stiffy when they were allocated the SPECIAL LIMITED YELLOW ONE! Any sales guy worth his salt would not even discuss that car in their showroom without cracking jokes about the price.

But most of these people aren't actually car guys, its just a job and they don't know shit about the cars they're selling. They just heard that some people reallyyy want these wingy civics so.....ahhhh lets try......$100K! Because screw sales data, if the 001 car sells for that, all of them will......

For the one drooling Rain Man village idiot who inherited his dad's estate and is even remotely considering it, if you buy this over a 911 you deserve to be run over by a Pontiac Aztek.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No one on planet earth will pay $100K for that ? its just another dealer who got a stiffy when they were allocated the SPECIAL LIMITED YELLOW ONE! Any sales guy worth his salt would not even discuss that car in their showroom without cracking jokes about the price.

But most of these people aren't actually car guys, its just a job and they don't know shit about the cars they're selling. They just heard that some people reallyyy want these wingy civics so.....ahhhh lets try......$100K! Because screw sales data, if the 001 car sells for that, all of them will......

For the one drooling Rain Man village idiot who inherited his dad's estate and is even remotely considering it, if you buy this over a 911 you deserve to be run over by a Pontiac Aztek.
Greed is an ‘egreengious’ motivator.

Hilarious post, bravo!

Careful though, that Aztec hatch might wind up as OEM on the 2023 CTR.

Yellow… stiffy, made me think of this, hammock courtesy of Amazon:

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. CDCA8AEA-7714-42F2-8FBC-FCE5FF3D0C65

Note similarity?
https://images.app.goo.gl/n12RPUJahaVmnFqE9

Last edited:

Vtec_Nah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Would y’all be mad if I might buy it this weekend? Obviously not at asking price but slightly lower if my offer gets accepted? ?

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Would y’all be mad if I might buy it this weekend? Obviously not at asking price but slightly lower if my offer gets accepted? ?
Oh I wouldn’t get mad at all. Show us the photos when you’re done. I just hope you’re not ruining your life for it.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
If you offer them 50% of their asking price and they accept, I'd probably still make fun of you for paying ADM.......but I probably wouldn't run you over with a Pontiac Aztec at that price :thumbsup:

chrisz5z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R - Boost Blue
Country flag
If you offer them 50% of their asking price and they accept, I'd probably still make fun of you for paying ADM.......but I probably wouldn't run you over with a Pontiac Aztec at that price :thumbsup:
Death by Aztek...the ultimate price paid

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
an interesting note from GM North American President Steve Carlisle recently wrote a statement reportedly sent out dealerships. About selling over MSRP

Chevrolet takes steps to stop shady dealers

.GM dealerships are required under their Dealer Sales and Service Agreement to “effectively, ethically, and lawfully sell and promote the purchase, lease, and use of products by consumers.” GM says that any dealer who conducts unethical sales practices will see their allocation of in-demand vehicles redirected, meaning they won’t get any to sell.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
For better or worse, automakers have virtually no control over this. In 2014, Dodge threatened to reduce allocation to dealers who marked up SRT Hellcats over MSRP in a similar move. Dealers quickly found a workaround by auctioning off the chance to buy an SRT Hellcat at MSRP. Dodge threw in the towel.

Dealers band together. If one dealer gets away with something, others will follow. If too many dealers violate ethical agreements and have their allocations reduced, both dealers and automakers will suffer.

ADM would end if automakers were allowed to sell direct to consumers, but existing laws and politics will prevent that from happening anytime soon.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
We as the consumers are mainly at fault. For the 10 of us who refuse to buy over MSRP, there are 100 that will. Nature of the beast

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag

The best news is... when that dealer marks it down to 80k from 100... it'll appear to be a great deal to a lot of Rain Men :)

The showroom will eventually turn into this if it gets worse >

... and they'll all be dressed up like the price is right show in Japan ;)

I can just see Drew Carey... "wow thanks Rachel... that's a nice CTR. Okay...whoever guesses closest to the actual retail price without going over..." :D

Last edited:

CJizzle_FK8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This makes me glad I got my 2019 CTR (22k miles) back in August of 2021. I thought $39k was too much. But this...sheesh

CJizzle_FK8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Damn $44k for basically the same car. (Mine was 10k miles more) no thank you.

At the time I was approved to either get a supra gr, an sti type ra, or my ctr...but with all these mark ups, I'd probably end up with a Ford focus lmao

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Car prices are just insane across the board right now.
Sponsored