Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

cgarrett23

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly I paid 47k for a boost blue. The color is extremely rare less than 100, thats also only if you care about that sort of thing like holding value. Used boost blues are now selling for 50k around me and all dealers are charging 60k plus. You can say it doesn't matter but color keeps your value depending on rarity, my Si traded in for higher than I purchased it when I got my CTR
Less than 100 Boost Blues made?
Sponsored

Gabbman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2017 Range Rover HSE
Country flag
Honestly I paid 47k for a boost blue. The color is extremely rare less than 100, thats also only if you care about that sort of thing like holding value. Used boost blues are now selling for 50k around me and all dealers are charging 60k plus. You can say it doesn't matter but color keeps your value depending on rarity, my Si traded in for higher than I purchased it when I got my CTR
Great point. I didn’t consider that. I must admit boost blue was the one color I didn’t see much of as I searched. That also explains the pricing a bit on used cars I have noticed the blue is more. Very good counter point. I was only interested in white. So when they said other colors I just took them off my list

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
Less than 100 Boost Blues made?
I've been closely following it on all the car selling sites and I've never seen more than 80 so it has to be a very low number since it was really only in production for 1 year. The 2020 Boost Blue is even rarer since the factory closed for the almost the whole year but they exist. With time we'll see more Yellow than Boost Blue Type R's

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I've been closely following it on all the car selling sites and I've never seen more than 80 so it has to be a very low number since it was really only in production for 1 year. The 2020 Boost Blue is even rarer since the factory closed for the almost the whole year but they exist. With time we'll see more Yellow than Boost Blue Type R's
:doh:

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I love my boost blue but they are not rarer than an LE lol you just see more LEs for sale because dealers are asking stupid money for them and they don't sell for the $60-70K sillyness. Alot of BBs sold for msrp in transit so they barely stayed on the Honda tracking tool.

No way a BB is worth $10K over msrp.....do it if you like but it's not a good deal. Alot of us still got these for msrp amidst the covid craze and things will return to normal eventually.

I kept a very close eye on in transit BBs when I was searching and plenty hit the northeast in those few months. They are not "rare" by any means......just less of them than some other colors.

Akgunit007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW Type R
Country flag
RIP Boost Blue...Going to start seeing these with aftermarket wings/hoods all day now...

CW still the king!
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Boost Blue Civic 1
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Boost Blue Civic 2
Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Boost Blue Civic 3

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Boost Blue Civic 1

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
Mahwah Honda in New Jersey just calle eme and said they have a black one just came in. Wouldn’t confirm price over the phone.
They were actually one of the dealers in the past when the Type R first came out were selling them for MSRP and told me when I was in search of one that they only sold them at MSRP. Seems times have changed things I guess

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I mean someone needs to be desperate to get a car. I think dealers sales on their last legs with this madness. Soon enough Manufacturers will just use dealers for test drives and services.

todd111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Element SC
Country flag
I just contacted many dealers nationwide and all were adding on $10k-35k markup on to a new 2021 Civic Type-R. Also, most dealers are asking $40k-$55k on a used 2017-2021 (w/under 30k mi). That being said, I can’t imagine paying $40k for a used car that originally sold for less than that.

Since I don’t have the budget to spend over $40k and I prefer new, I’m considering buying something else until the 2023 Type-R is released and hopefully settles down to MSRP.

I know this may be sacrilege to ask on a Honda forum but has anyone tried/considered the Veloster N? I know there are comparison articles saying it’s good but not as good as the Type-R but I could probably get one at MSRP. As a bonus, there’s the 10yr/100k mi warranty and my wife prefers DCT instead of her needing to learn to drive manual.

If not the Veloster N, any other suggestions? I’m tall, prefer hatchbacks, and don’t want to go VW (had a bad recent experience with VW reliability).

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
I just contacted many dealers nationwide and all were adding on $10k-35k markup on to a new 2021 Civic Type-R. Also, most dealers are asking $40k-$55k on a used 2017-2021 (w/under 30k mi). That being said, I can’t imagine paying $40k for a used car that originally sold for less than that.

Since I don’t have the budget to spend over $40k and I prefer new, I’m considering buying something else until the 2023 Type-R is released and hopefully settles down to MSRP.

I know this may be sacrilege to ask on a Honda forum but has anyone tried/considered the Veloster N? I know there are comparison articles saying it’s good but not as good as the Type-R but I could probably get one at MSRP. As a bonus, there’s the 10yr/100k mi warranty and my wife prefers DCT instead of her needing to learn to drive manual.

If not the Veloster N, any other suggestions? I’m tall, prefer hatchbacks, and don’t want to go VW (had a bad recent experience with VW reliability).
no way the new Type Rs are selling at MSRP. Unless you willing to wait for a couple of years like did you may be able to get one at MSRP but that’s not guaranteed either.

todd111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Element SC
Country flag
no way the new Type Rs are selling at MSRP. Unless you willing to wait for a couple of years like did you may be able to get one at MSRP but that’s not guaranteed either.
Yeah, I’d buy something and drive it until the “dust settles” on the new Type-R (even if it’s a year or two). I’m also hoping maybe the demand won’t be as strong on the Type-R… maybe Acura will decide to make an Integra Type-S. Obviously, that’s all speculation at this point.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
I say you wait and buy a used one. There are so many used Type-R’s you’d think the car was a Dud. Buying new over MSRP to me is still insane unless they add over priced accessories. While the CTR will hold its value, it’s not going to hold the extra $15k people paid
Sponsored