Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

cgarrett23

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 CW Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Pretty much all dealers in Oregon/SW Washington:

Bend Honda - $7k over
Tonkin Gresham Honda- 15k
Dick Hannah Honda Vancouver, Wilsonville Honda, Kendall Honda Eugene, Price Honda McMinnville - 10k
Honda World Coos Bay - 5k
Stirling Honda Longview- 6k

I gave up looking for one here on the west coast.
I hear ya man. I live in Vancouver, went through the same thing. Ended up buying my '21 in Little Rock, Arkansas.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 BBP Civic Type R, 2001 4Runner
Country flag
I told him maybe so, there are a lot of dumb suckers flush with cash these days...his friendliness level dropped like a rock after I said that to him.
To be fair, this is true for most cars right now. I want a decent example 100 series land cruiser and essentially gave up until all this passes with the prices people are asking.

Hell, I went to look at a 3rd gen 4runner to have as a beater for the time being and the seller was throwing words like "classic" and "collector" out trying to justify the insane price......I looked around to see if I was on some prank TV show or something.

Everyone has car fever right now. Anything remotely desireable, even a rusted out Toyota truck, is being listed for stupid money. The R is, no suprise, right up there on planet crazy.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Well, it seems there are CTR's arriving on a daily basis now. One dealer has 7 sitting on the lot. I sent an inquiry, let's see what they say.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
It's Hardin Honda
Please let us know the results you get. Hardin is in the middle of the OC and really curious to see what kind of prices they are asking.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Please let us know the results you get. Hardin is in the middle of the OC and really curious to see what kind of prices they are asking.
They said no over the phone pricing and that I would be surprised how much people are paying over sticker :rolleyes:

Spreen Honda: $18K over sticker

Akgunit007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 CW Type R
Country flag
They said no over the phone pricing and that I would be surprised how much people are paying over sticker :rolleyes:

Spreen Honda: $18K over sticker
Hardin Honda is a Joke. Probably asking $15-20k+ over hence 8 Type Rs sitting on lot with another in transit. Sales people super rude. Too many suckers in OC with too much money.

bushido69

First Name
Hiro
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 SGP Type R, 2012 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT, 2002 Lexus ES300
Country flag
Hardin Honda wants $13-14k over plus another $1300 for "already installed security"
Unfortunately, here in SoCal, someone will pay the extreme adm.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Country flag
Unfortunately, here in SoCal, someone will pay the extreme adm.
I'm not sure who would pay the extreme ADM unless its a car collector or a You Tuber who will make up the ADM with one video. I mean High School graduation isn't until next year :D

lksfstcars

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8, Acura RDX
Country flag
I have been looking around and the lowest ADM I can find in the midwest is $10K -- I am ready to buy, but zero chance I pay over sticker, it is a great car, but becomes much less great at $50K (or $70K for LE's).

What is the point of an affordable enthusiast car if you can't buy it for an affordable price?