Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
No I get the whole resale of used car market - seems to be really good right now; I know I have considered trading in/selling my car bc of what I can get for it - but I know that once I sell it - then I'll be paying the markups for the cars I want - so kinda of a 'not so great deal in my case'; if you can get MSRP on a car you want and still get a better trade in value etc - then it's a great time sell and buy a car.

My experience is similar to yours as far as dealing with dealers here - even before the pandemic - a lot of dealers had $5k added to the price of the car and they were getting it. I'm sure like others have said - if you go in and negociate - you can get that down; but then I would have to commit a 100% and I'm still a little on the fence. It's the whole 'balancing WANTS vs NEED' - I also want to see how the prices are once the new model comes out as well as once supply meets demand. I'm sure while the CTR will have a good resale - I don't think we will be seeing over MSRP for used models (for instance like on Carvana haha). I think it will all balance out and will allow for someone to pickup either a leftover new one or a slightly used on at a decent price (at least I hope).

Not to sidetrack the convo - is the engine that different on the WRX from 19 to 21 and are there other changes to the car? Have you considered looking at the STI model vs the WRX (even though the STI has the older engine)?
The change is only in the tuning otherwise engine is the same. Shifting is lot smoother without the rev-hang. I also felt that they tightened the gear box a little. I have STI short throw shifter right now. the new one didn't have that and even then I could shift better. Overall livability is lot better. STI is not that great as a daily driver. WRX is more comfortable and delivers more torque at lower rpms. STI is stiffer but if you are looking to mod it or track it, STI might be better.
Sponsored

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Serra Honda in Ofallon, IL. Currently have 2 boost blue, 1 black, 1 white. All were marked up 5k for "market adjustment" sitting at just under 44k, the one inside was sitting above 44k so assuming they have added little items to it. They claim to be getting an LE, but I have no validation other than them simply saying it yesterday.
The fact that they have 4 sitting on the lot tells me they dont deal or budge and dont care if they sell those.

KevinT0717

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Yeah it's just a bit over $2k over. I'd still have to pay for shipping so not worth it for me. The search continues.
This was in Dayton right?

I called them and got the same story. Im in the area, and know that Voss Honda in Tipp City only sells at MSRP and will be getting a BB in a month or so, also Marysville Honda ( where I bought mine) said they have another CW coming in soon. I got mine at MSRP + wheel and tire.

What I learned from calling places, if they have them on the lot or on the internet, they WILL BE over MSRP. Have to find the places with them on their incoming books and ask for MSRP.

PNWCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
This was in Dayton right?

I called them and got the same story. Im in the area, and know that Voss Honda in Tipp City only sells at MSRP and will be getting a BB in a month or so, also Marysville Honda ( where I bought mine) said they have another CW coming in soon. I got mine at MSRP + wheel and tire.

What I learned from calling places, if they have them on the lot or on the internet, they WILL BE over MSRP. Have to find the places with them on their incoming books and ask for MSRP.
Yup, that's the one!

Fortunately I was able to snag one and signed the papers with a dealer in the south last week. Waiting on it to be delivered to the dealership and then will ship it over to me.

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R 2020 Toyota Supra
Country flag
I don’t know if the LE counts on this thread but look at this !
LMFAO
The sales guy was like I’ll sell it to you right now for 68k
I was like , nah man you crazy , it’s a civic after all.
I get it, only 600 units but this guy was trying to sound smart and squat .
I walked away when he try to tell me that it’s a collectors item and stuff.
I told him, hell no , if I get one best believe me I’m gonna use to what was intended for . Track the squat out of it !

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 60A55D29-B5D5-4298-8139-A500D2D2E76C

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Insane......

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
I was at that dealer like 2 months ago to buy a trunk tray at the parts department and saw that LE. The salesmen are ignorant and assholes there. "Its limited to only 500". Wrong already dumbass.

typertimo

TypeRtimo
First Name
Timo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type R 2020 Toyota Supra
Country flag
Also I was like, what all of this on top of the markup?
He was like it’s the door ding protector , that tiny little plastic that goes on the edge of the door. And also the door handle plastic protector . LMFAO
Brah

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
From what I learned when looking for my car, if the dealer has horse shit mark ups and add ons, arguing with them about it doesnt lead to them lowering their markup. At most, theyll shave off maybe 25% of it.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are they charging $30 for Clorox? WTF is that? Are they giving you a jug with the car?

Skyrush77

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Crosstour EX-L
Country flag
I just got a slew of OTD prices from local dealers today in my hunt for one around MSRP. Lowest offer with taxes/fees included was still five grand over. Multiple dealers easily quoted 10 over and two even threw out 15 over... I'm already contacting Mid-West dealers...

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
I've been seeing a lot of CTR's pop up in GA for sale around $35-37k and as much as i'd like to pull the trigger on one, i think i'll just wait until next year. ?

Sholzer

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP CTR, 2021 Durango Hellcat, 2014 NC Miata
Country flag
Another bad experience at Pohanka Honda in Fredericksburg, VA. My wife and I are considering a CTR and wanted to test drive one before making a decision. I know most, if not all, dealers will not allow you to test drive a new one, but I figured we could find a used one for sale to drive. Pohanka Honda had 2 new Boost blue at $7500 over that we were interested in trying to make a deal on, but also had a used 2019 that had just come in. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to drive one and hopefully make a deal with a local dealer that we've had good experiences dealing with in the past. However after showing up and talking to the salesman, he told us that they would not allow us to test drive this niche vehicle without first coming to an agreement on numbers. I totally understand they probably get a lot of joyriders in there requesting test drives all the time, but not allowing a serious customer to test drive even a used model is absolutely ridiculous IMO.

jcfishel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R #44709, 1993 300ZX Twin Turbo
Country flag