Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Pearson Honda is on the naughty list BUT I do know a guy that got his CTR at MSRP there.
They just got a Sionic grey for $2000 over MSRP but I know this dealership has negotiated down to MSRP for sure.
Call Roberto Soto 703-398-5369
Pearson Honda Midlothian, va
Tell Roberto Alan sent you (for MSRP)
Sponsored

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Lia honda albany ny 5k over sticker for a boost blue saying it's rare lol ?

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Been on the hunt the past week and there are way too many dealers to list that I have inquired with who are on the naughty list. All I can say is finding one for MSRP appears to be the equivalent of finding a hidden treasure. They want anywhere from 2k all the way up to 12k ADM in a 500 mile radius. The best offer I have received has been $40,500 from a dealership in Louisiana. Wish I could find one closer but it's looking like an out of state purchase is going to be my only option. If anyone has any leads on a Black, Blue, or Grey for MSRP, PM please.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Been on the hunt the past week and there are way too many dealers to list that I have inquired with who are on the naughty list. All I can say is finding one for MSRP appears to be the equivalent of finding a hidden treasure. They want anywhere from 2k all the way up to 12k ADM in a 500 mile radius. The best offer I have received has been $40,500 from a dealership in Louisiana. Wish I could find one closer but it's looking like an out of state purchase is going to be my only option. If anyone has any leads on a Black, Blue, or Grey for MSRP, PM please.
https://www.honda.appletreeautomobi...ng-fwd-type-r-4dr-hatchback-shhfk8g76mu202305

ask for Dave Talburt, tell him zack c sent you

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
PM sent.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
It's funny that the dealership is advertising it as a "Touring" and not as a Type R trim level as well as using an Aegean Blue photo instead of Boost Blue.

The website admin needs to walk the lot and have a lesson in proper trim models and colors.

But if someone was sharp enough to notice the large differentiation in pricing, then for sure they will be rewarded for a keen eye!

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some asshat with zero posts just PMed me, seemingly annoyed that I offered to help people find a CW here in MA for MSRP as I "may" have inquired about his which was in transit ? my sincerest apologies Honda community for trying to help a few people find their car for MSRP......

WTF is wrong with some of these Honda bros.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some asshat with zero posts just PMed me, seemingly annoyed that I offered to help people find a CW here in MA for MSRP as I "may" have inquired about his which was in transit ? my sincerest apologies Honda community for trying to help a few people find their car for MSRP......

:doh:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag

So, if he has a deposit on it then it’s not available. What’s the big deal. Don’t stop sharing leads.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, if he has a deposit on it then it’s not available. What’s the big deal. Don’t stop sharing leads.
We have built a community here on CivicX that comprises of nothing but support, comraderie, helping the fellow Type R owners with projects, upgrades, etc. and in this case, sharing leads which is practically normal. Our joy of ownership transcends to helping those experience the same joy that we're experiencing- ownership of an awesome car such as the Type R.

The sharing and helping culture is what we've built here and that's how it will remain!

Yup- I agree if that person already had a deposit then why worry because he is already binded by contract providing he put down a serious deposit and is already 1 foot in the door, but if he's still in the rat race then good luck- everything is fair game.

What that person doesn't know is that many of us, including myself, had to put in some hard work, doing research, contacting dealers across the country writing countless numbers of email correspondences, going back and fourth with this and that. Despite all the effort, it is rewarding at the end and all that hard work paid-off.

If someone can't even be grateful for a lead, then let them be; I wouldn't want to help that person either. Let them do all the work! If it was meant to be, then they'll have themselves a Type R at the end just like the rest of us. Destiny awaits to those who are worthy to own one. :beer:

Last edited:

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just another clown. He seems butthurt that I said I'd find a CW for someone here in MA while his, which he put a deposit on a while back, was in transit to a local dealer. I'm still confused what his point is. Here was his last message:

"You’re out here stating you can get someone first on the list for a white one that’s on the way. If you were talking about mine (and your two rambling responses lead me to believe you were) your statement simply isn’t true. "

Not sure what Studio54 VIP list he's talking about....but who cares, just find it funny what some people get worked up over. Serves me right for taking time out of lunch to shoot a few messages to dealers to save someone on here a little money ? welcome to 2021.

bring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 CW
Country flag
Clown? Oh dear....

A poster is misrepresenting that he can get someone first dibs on my car, even mentioned starting the paperwork - I pm him about it - so he comes to this open forum looking for moral support. (The post I asked about is on the “good dealer” thread).

I assume he thought his statement was safe since the car was in transit - but the GM told me about it a week earlier and put my name on it.

My pm exchange with him was simply an attempt to say - the car you’re telling folks they can be “first in line” on, is not available.

I’m not writing this to get into a discussion or debate - just felt I should respond to the “clown“ insult.

I’m in the minority demographic for this car and this forum. I thought I could come here looking for tips and whatnot - it’s not an overstatement to say this wasn’t what I expected....

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Clown? Oh dear....

A poster is misrepresenting that he can get someone first dibs on my car, even mentioned starting the paperwork - I pm him about it - so he comes to this open forum looking for moral support. (The post I asked about is on the “good dealer” thread).

I assume he thought his statement was safe since the car was in transit - but the GM told me about it a week earlier and put my name on it.

My pm exchange with him was simply an attempt to say - the car you’re telling folks they can be “first in line” on, is not available.

I’m not writing this to get into a discussion or debate - just felt I should respond to the “clown“ insult.

I’m in the minority demographic for this car and this forum. I thought I could come here looking for tips and whatnot - it’s not an overstatement to say this wasn’t what I expected....
How did you determine that he was referring to the car that you are purchasing, and not a different car?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
2021 CW up here in Boston for MSRP in transit. Can't officially do the paperwork until it arrives but you can be first on the list. PM me if interested.
So, this is the original post...

Clown? Oh dear....

Geez. If you have a deposit/commitment/whatever on the car, then what’s the big deal. Guys on this forum try to help others out. Maybe assume good intent.

Next time, might just reply to the post. And don’t assume the demographics here, you might be surprised.
Sponsored