Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was asked in a serious voice to "please sit down for a minute" when I went to walk out of the first dealer I went to after hearing the word markup. I entertained it. Manager literally looked at me in the eyes and goes "this car is GUARANTEED to go up, that's why......you ever hear about the Integra Type R??". Yes, they were spewing some top shelf bullshit even with regular Rs ?

This is a good example of just silly silicon valley money lol they found the right customer to pay that markup. Same car at that price can sit unsold elsewhere.
Amazing how dealers tout cars as investments when they’re terrible wastes in that respect, even before ADM.

I took a look see at our new wannabe competitor, the 275 HP three door, one hatch, auto-trans (6 spd avail) Hyundai Velocitor N DCT, locked still fresh off the truck. It’s much smaller than an R looking inside but has some interesting custom mix feature capes and a 20 second max time overboots button on steering wheel. Pretty ugly to me and the funky letter name should be pronounced ‘Vindicate’ as that’s what they are going for against Type R. No ADM but no love gained from me with a face and body style only Korean car fans will tout, I felt nauseous like the color of this one (only white & red offered besides this ‘Hypoxia Blue’.

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 00900902-E19C-443B-8015-9A05DD6DADD8

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. 7DBE5C5C-74A3-43A6-A3B9-15253B3E7381

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. A8EB33CE-F25E-40B3-8F5A-53DAB3A584C5

Last edited:

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I was asked in a serious voice to "please sit down for a minute" when I went to walk out of the first dealer I went to after hearing the word markup. I entertained it. Manager literally looked at me in the eyes and goes "this car is GUARANTEED to go up, that's why......you ever hear about the Integra Type R??". Yes, they were spewing some top shelf bullshit even with regular Rs ?

This is a good example of just silly silicon valley money lol they found the right customer to pay that markup. Same car at that price can sit unsold elsewhere.
If it's guaranteed to go up, I'm sure they'd be willing to put a buy-back at 100% of selling price into the contract. Right?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
If it's guaranteed to go up, I'm sure they'd be willing to put a buy-back at 100% of selling price into the contract. Right?
Whoever that dealer was that used that phrase to con some unknowing person into buying an overpriced item will be long gone before that 100% buy-back ever gets put into place.

You'll probably find him using that same BS sales gimmick trying to sell to another unknowing customer looking to purchase a Hyundai Vindicate (like the one in RepyT) photo above down the street at the Hyundai Dealership except he'll only get a 1K markup- LOL!!

Dude

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 type R
Country flag
DCH Kay honda has a boost blue 2021 the salesman told me over the phone they were asking 58k for, i laughed and he assured me he would work with me and i should come see it, its 3 miles from work so i stopped in. turns out it has a 6000$ carbon fiber package, witch, as far as i could tell, is just the wing, hood scoop, and mirrors, for 6000....i told them i just didn't see 6000$ worth of carbon fiber, and they revealed they were asking 5000 over msrp as a "market adjustment" and they could get rid of the 6000$ package, making the car 43,800$, i turned it down.

Honda of Freehold NJ wouldn't even discuss price over the phone, "this car is just too special", they said. id assume it would be well over MSRP.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
Gotta love that 25K markup. We should list down the stupid reasons dealerships use to justify this added cost. I would like to see how many moronic phrases they use to make the sale.
Dealer in NJ has an LE up for 69k
now its showing retail but you have to "email for info" then they show u the 69k lol

I think they got ripped for having the real price on the site

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag
Alot of dealers advertised GUARANTEED MARKET TRADE in PRICE.
would be fun if you fought them to give you 40/50k for a type r trade if they are puting that in the showroom.
just to see what happens

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I will occasionally surf over to Carvana.com to see what their CTR inventory looks like and what they're going for. Today I am completely shocked at what I am seeing, a used 2020 CTR that is reserved for a buyer at $4k OVER MSRP!!!

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1655066

What in the world has gotten into people to pay such egregious prices? Who in their sane mind is going to pay $4k over MSRP for a used vehicle? I am completely shocked, but at the same time, this is the environment that US Honda dealers have created, allowing used retailers like Carvana and Carmax to flourish.

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I will occasionally surf over to Carvana.com to see what their CTR inventory looks like and what they're going for. Today I am completely shocked at what I am seeing, a used 2020 CTR that is reserved for a buyer at $4k OVER MSRP!!!

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1655066

What in the world has gotten into people to pay such egregious prices? Who in their sane mind is going to pay $4k over MSRP for a used vehicle? I am completely shocked, but at the same time, this is the environment that US Honda dealers have created, allowing used retailers like Carvana and Carmax to flourish.
before i bought my CW 21, i was looking at 19’s on carvana for $5-1000 over what MSRP new was, all with 5k-7k miles on them. the market is crazy for these cars and with there being a nationwide inventory shortage (of all cars new & used, not just type R’s), it wont be better for awhile

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda of New Rochelle is asking 75k for their LE, #082.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
What's everyone currently looking for at MSRP (+ possible shipping if out of state)? Boost Blue? CW?

From what I'm seeing, a flood of BBs have hit dealers. This color was really hard to grab at MSRP a few months ago, seems CW has replaced it (not seeing many around here).

I'll keep my eye out for all non-window shoppers who are serious about buying.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
What's everyone currently looking for at MSRP (+ possible shipping if out of state)? Boost Blue? CW?

From what I'm seeing, a flood of BBs have hit dealers. This color was really hard to grab at MSRP a few months ago, seems CW has replaced it (not seeing many around here).

I'll keep my eye out for all non-window shoppers who are serious about buying.
I've seen two BB CTRs on Facebook for MSRP, one in Tennessee and one in NC. One of my local dealers had TWO BB's in stock, I bet one of them could have been nabbed at MSRP if not very close.

Smart of Honda to push out more BB's during the final production units since it's a new color and also look amazing

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I've seen two BB CTRs on Facebook for MSRP, one in Tennessee and one in NC. One of my local dealers had TWO BB's in stock, I bet one of them could have been nabbed at MSRP if not very close.

Smart of Honda to push out more BB's during the final production units since it's a new color and also look amazing
Agreed. I hope they keep pumping them out in mass so anyone who loves the color and wants it has a chance to get one like I did. Was initially annoyed at the color upcharge for 2021 but it was special enough to me to have settled any ill feelings over it lol still makes me say daaamn when I see it under my garage lighting.

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
Dealer in NJ has an LE up for 69k
now its showing retail but you have to "email for info" then they show u the 69k lol

I think they got ripped for having the real price on the site
This is insane...but I recall hearing from my friend Mark when the Type R first came out that our local DCH Honda dealer (which really stands for ..."Don't Come Here" ... added a mark-up oh excuse me .."market adjustment" of $15,000 + another $5,500 in dealer add ons which pushed the price of the car to just a hair under $60,000!

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
This is insane...but I recall hearing from my friend Mark when the Type R first came out that our local DCH Honda dealer (which really stands for ..."Don't Come Here" ... added a mark-up oh excuse me .."market adjustment" of $15,000 + another $5,500 in dealer add ons which pushed the price of the car to just a hair under $60,000!
Them folks under the hot desert sun too much that it’s distorting their sense of reality. ??‍♂
Sponsored