Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
I'm about to register my out of state new ctr purchase now in CA. Can I lie on my DMV form about how much I paid for the car? I'm really not looking forward to paying 9.5% sales tax on 39k.

jasenkent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I actually live in Frisco but I'm sure when you get there - there will either be ADM added OR 'forced' accessories' - I have YET to see ANY dealer in the DFW area or in TX for that matter offering MSRP on a CTR. Just not going to happen. Especially when you see used ones going for the cost of a 2021 (or close to it).
I was more trying to emphasize that they were quoting the MSRP at $48,845. Of course the price will be higher than "MSRP" LOL.

jasenkent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Last I talked to them, Huggins Honda sells them at MSRP. They add tint and thats about it.
I'm sorry, but Huggins Honda does not sell the Type R for MSRP. You may have "talked" to someone there about getting one at MSRP, but I gather you never "bought" a Type R there - right? Also, they just don't add "tint". I'm curious, how many times have you talked to them or visited their dealership or have gotten an "out the door" price from them?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I'm about to register my out of state new ctr purchase now in CA. Can I lie on my DMV form about how much I paid for the car? I'm really not looking forward to paying 9.5% sales tax on 39k.
Sure. Most states will require the buyers contract to establish a basis for the tax. So, you would have to modify that document. I suppose that’s possible, illegal but possible. Let us know how it works out for you...

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Can you please enlighten us how You got away with no sales tax. Thanks
I know that the state of Oregon doesn't charge any sales tax on any of their products, but on their vehicles, I understand they only charge 0.5-1% tax.

Best place to shop on Black Friday which I did last week and saved on some purchases while I was in the area :dance:

Speaking of Black Friday- did anyone score on aftermarket mods that were on sale?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know that the state of Oregon doesn't charge any sales tax on any of their products, but on their vehicles, I understand they only charge 0.5-1% tax.

Best place to shop on Black Friday which I did last week and saved on some purchases while I was in the area :dance:

Speaking of Black Friday- did anyone score on aftermarket mods that were on sale?
OR recently enacted a 0.5% tax on new cars purchased out of state. I think that’s the only vehicle tax they currently have in the state. Registration/plates are also only about $100/yr.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OR recently enacted a 0.5% tax on new cars purchased out of state. I think that’s the only vehicle tax they currently have in the state. Registration/plates are also only about $100/yr.
Oregon is growing- the Hillsboro area is being dubbed as the "Silicon Forest" much like Silicon Valley. Intel has a strong presence there and I'm sure all their new housing that are selling like hotcakes are from a majority of Intel employees. Their housing prices are still north of 500K which is cheaper than CA but still pricey for that area. This is within a 30 mile radius of their major city, Portland.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oregon is growing- the Hillsboro area is being dubbed as the "Silicon Forest" much like Silicon Valley. Intel has a strong presence there and I'm sure all their new housing that are selling like hotcakes are from a majority of Intel employees. Their housing prices are still north of 500K which is cheaper than CA but still pricey for that area. This is within a 30 mile radius of their major city, Portland.
Yep. I worked at Intel for 16 yrs (Phoenix and Colorado). Also, I’m originally from the Portland metro area.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep. I worked at Intel for 16 yrs (Phoenix and Colorado). Also, I’m originally from the Portland metro area.
I'm targeting the Sherwood/Newberg area for my 2nd home. Sherwood has really developed nicely, they have a Target/Walmart, many shops and eateries there. Newberg seems to be more of the sleepy/old-school town that has more mom-pop businesses along with my 2 favorite places to grab a snack (Dutch Bros. & Burgerville).

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
In TN the DMV will flag your registration if you submit a price too far below fair market value for the car. I imagine CA has a similar system. You could potentially get away with a bit of a discount, but not much. They aren’t going to believe $10k off. Probably isn’t worth the trouble and potential penalties if you get caught.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I was more trying to emphasize that they were quoting the MSRP at $48,845. Of course the price will be higher than "MSRP" LOL.
My bad - I read that pretty quickly and just saw the MSRP And missed the obscene upcharge haha

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
I'm sorry, but Huggins Honda does not sell the Type R for MSRP. You may have "talked" to someone there about getting one at MSRP, but I gather you never "bought" a Type R there - right? Also, they just don't add "tint". I'm curious, how many times have you talked to them or visited their dealership or have gotten an "out the door" price from them?
When I saw the response - I was thinking the same thing; again I have yet to come across a dealer in the DFW area (or TX for that matter) that is offering MSRP. Could be wrong - maybe you catch a dealer at the right time but overall it seems like everyone is min $5k ADM around here. It is what it is.

Mcgz

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can you please enlighten us how You got away with no sales tax. Thanks
Virginia is a no sales-tax state...even though I live in Maryland I am a Florida resident due to the fact that I'm in the military. Florida law allows you to buy a car out of state, register it in Florida, and pay the sales tax for the state you bought the car in.( if you're military and not actually living in Florida). But if I were a Virginia resident it would be the same. No sales tax there.
Sponsored