Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R BB, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S
Country flag
So are you passing on this one? Reason why I ask - it’s what - $1500 over MSRP as well as the ‘forced’ accessory package of a little over $2k - sooo....if this is your car that is in the color you want - would it not be worth at least exploring it - I feel like if they can give you more on your trade in (if you are doing it) or offer lower interest rate for your trouble - than maybe the pain and aggravation of finally getting one would be over. Considering that it seems like every BB I come across has ADM of minimum $5k.
Yes I am passing on it. I am passing on it because I almost have a deal made of bb @ msrp from another dealer set in stone.
Sponsored

ultrashin

First Name
NOH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
Yes I am passing on it. I am passing on it because I almost have a deal made of bb @ msrp from another dealer set in stone.
Honestly this isn't a bad price considering the demand of BB. The dealer is at least selling accessories instead of stupid ADM with 0 add-ons. I'm sure there are dealers willing to sell BB at MSRP. It just takes some time and luck.

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
Honestly this isn't a bad price considering the demand of BB. The dealer is at least selling accessories instead of stupid ADM with 0 add-ons. I'm sure there are dealers willing to sell BB at MSRP. It just takes some time and luck.
I feel like It’s the ‘luck of the draw’ bc where I live - can’t seem to find ANY CTR at MSRP - its usually forced accessories or ADM. And that doesn’t matter if its BB or not. The one thing that I will say - one has to consider the cost of going out there, TRUSTING the dealer that they will not f up the agreed price, or the cost of shipping the car — if you are buying out of state. That being said - sometimes paying the ADM to get the car locally and know you can just walk away if you don’t feel right about it can be a positive vs trusting an out of state dealer etc.

Just my .02.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Good for you for passing man. I know it seems tempting to give up "just" $2K for ADM or accessories or whatever other bogus just to end the annoying search.....but screw those thieves.

You will find a BB at msrp with no added horseshit if you keep looking, especially with the winter coming up. If it was closer to the end of the production cycle, maybe not, but there's plenty of time and plenty of dealers willing to go for msrp nowadays.

Stay patient.....

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
On a brighter note, I got an updated ETA from my dealer today for my 2021 BB: first week of October! Said the ETA given is usually the latest day it will arrive so might be earlier than that, but supposedly no later than October 6.

I asked they do nothing to the car (included in purchase agreement) including no license plate holes, unwrapping the outside or inside, no wash/detail, etc. They seemed used to the request and told me I can take my time unwrapping the car to inspect it after their general PDI. They will also let me fill the tank on my own down the street with 93 gas using their dealer card.

Already preparing to take a day or two off from work to detail it, get the windows tinted, prepare for PPF, and enjoy it as best I can during the break-in process.

Excited now, can't wait!

Tagged

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R, BBP
Country flag
I'm getting my BB at MSRP, literally the first place out of town I call(obviously lucky). Should be here in about two weeks. I do however know of a dealer getting a SGP in about 3 days and the next two they get in the coming months are BB. They are only asking 1200 over MSRP for a package deal that they say they install on every car. Really nice guy, if anyone wants the places info just shoot me a message.

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A dealer has their BB on hold for me for msrp. They want me to wire them the full 39k. Once they receive the money, they will ship me the contract to sign. Should I say something? What would you guys do? Of course this raises red flags everywhere.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A dealer has their BB on hold for me for msrp. They want me to wire them the full 39k. Once they receive the money, they will ship me the contract to sign. Should I say something? What would you guys do? Of course this raises red flags everywhere.
Uh, yeah, please don't wire them $39K for a fuckin contract. That's the dodgiest thing you could do.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
NO!

jincheol

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I asked for the contract first and they said that they gave it to me earlier. Here is said contract:

Honda Civic 10th gen Honda Civic Type-R  Over sticker dealer naughty list. Screenshot_20200928-115731

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On a brighter note, I got an updated ETA from my dealer today for my 2021 BB: first week of October! Said the ETA given is usually the latest day it will arrive so might be earlier than that, but supposedly no later than October 6.

I asked they do nothing to the car (included in purchase agreement) including no license plate holes, unwrapping the outside or inside, no wash/detail, etc. They seemed used to the request and told me I can take my time unwrapping the car to inspect it after their general PDI. They will also let me fill the tank on my own down the street with 93 gas using their dealer card.

Already preparing to take a day or two off from work to detail it, get the windows tinted, prepare for PPF, and enjoy it as best I can during the break-in process.

Excited now, can't wait!
Congrats but...Oct 2020 or 2021? Be careful if the dealer didn’t specify, LOL.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should FaceTime them. Speak with manager and finance. Let them show you the car. Do all paperwork, signed both parties via email, Get everything settled and the very last thing should be done is wiring them your money. Snap them the balance of your account if they need proof that you can pay. Make sure all transport plans are taken care of as well.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Buy it looks legit to me, if they dont get the car they could always refund your money. Make sure you have their signature on the dotted line.
Sponsored